Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2013, 17:18   #1921
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bollywood Stars and their Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
I guess it was originally MP reg & had participated in one of the editions of the Supercar Rally.
It was re-regd to WB by the Bhpian.
Scorcher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2013, 17:28   #1922
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Ofcourse I know that. That is why I wrote "belonged" you see.
Nice to know that then, so why were you so since you too must be knowing since earlier only that the car has made its way to New Delhi.
Old 30th May 2013, 21:09   #1923
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityvic View Post
Nice to know that then, so why were you so since you too must be knowing since earlier only that the car has made its way to New Delhi.
I was because I loved this particular Aston. This is the only Aston I guess which has seen Kolkata and was also owned by a fellow bhpian and now has dark days coming its way. Can I be more clear?
Old 31st May 2013, 11:03   #1924
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
I was because I loved this particular Aston. This is the only Aston I guess which has seen Kolkata and was also owned by a fellow bhpian and now has dark days coming its way. Can I be more clear?
There are no dark days for any of the cars. The people who the cars were bought from would be contacted and they would have to return the money they were paid and given the cars back by the cops or the Bank.
speedy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2013, 12:21   #1925
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
There are no dark days for any of the cars. The people who the cars were bought from would be contacted and they would have to return the money they were paid and given the cars back by the cops or the Bank.
I highly doubt that the owners would need liable to taking back their cars and returning the money. The cars will be auctioned off by the bank to recover the funds stolen.
Old 31st May 2013, 14:19   #1926
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
I highly doubt that the owners would need liable to taking back their cars and returning the money. The cars will be auctioned off by the bank to recover the funds stolen.
The Banks will not auction off the cars as they would loose more money as the values are depriciated. As per a dealer friend of mine the car owners would be contacted and the cars returned after taking the money that was paid to them. It all also depends on what information the accused give to the interogating party regarding mode and actual payment. I dont believe everything would be paid in white.
Old 31st May 2013, 15:28   #1927
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Talking of impounded cars , the F430 Spyder (ex-AP) seized from a Mumbai smuggler has not been spotted since ages. Nobody knows the whereabouts of that car!
Bollywood Stars and their Cars-ap.jpg
Old 31st May 2013, 22:21   #1928
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick5490 View Post
Hahaha.. definitely not in a Cave. But the fact that she bought a Phantom and she is not even known in the industry is why I made the comment. Sure there are a lot of scams happening,todays newspaper in Mumbai has an article mentioning how a pretty 21 year old girl duped several buyers on the pretext of selling cheap flats to the tune of 55 Crores in 5 months!! As for this so called 'Actress' buying a Phantom was a big mistake as it immediately puts you in the Radar of these watch dogs, and she really is stupid to flaunt such high end vehicles. The 'Word' spreads around sir!

EDIT: Just had an Eureka moment after seeing the video clip, the Phantom is none other than the Mobile Store Phantom!!!
I was going through the news and was shocked to know that these Actress living partner Chandra sekhar is none other than a well know thief who was arrested in Bangalore( if you are aware of the Blue Subaru, and the same guy who used to tell that he was son or grandson of well known politicians), at that time it was Leena who helped police to nail down Chandra sekhar.

And all these cars were stolen apart from Phantom,which they purchased with the money after cheating the bank.
Old 31st May 2013, 23:00   #1929
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
The Banks will not auction off the cars as they would loose more money as the values are depriciated. As per a dealer friend of mine the car owners would be contacted and the cars returned after taking the money that was paid to them. It all also depends on what information the accused give to the interogating party regarding mode and actual payment. I dont believe everything would be paid in white.
Speedy no matter what you say, and counter my point till the cows come home, the statement you are making is extremely extremely improbable ONLy unless the said owner is a gangster or some type of gunda politico who will eat the dealer and his mother and the family dog, the fear of which leads the dealer to reverse the deal. Please spare us lessor mortals and less privileged in the strong arm world (majority of the folks here are neither in the 2 categories you and I mentioned) the agony of believing that statement, it's kinda insulting our intelligent. Please note I am not contesting your statement, but you are perhaps creating a generalisation by the statement which is fairly untrue in our regular joe world. If you don't believe me lets take a poll right here and now, I promise never to bring the topic up if what I am saying is untrue.

Note to mention none of the dealers I have met ( I met several as you are aware) are prime examples of being savers especially if it not white money, the money would have changed so many hands that the investigator may know everything but never trace it because if the link is proved the buyer has a new headache where did the non white money come from that's a lot of explaining to do, rather let the whole loss slide on the owner side than bring down the the house and the source. Just logical thought that would come to anyone mind? At the least me

Last edited by canonball : 31st May 2013 at 23:08.
canonball is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st June 2013, 16:09   #1930
BHPian

OT : i doubt the bank has any rights to make the ex owners pay the amount and take back the cars.

these cars i feel would be bank's liability and they need to sell them and recover whatever the money they can. the person who sold the car can not be "asked" to take the car back and cough up the money.

auction/reselling the cars only seem to be the option that the bank can exercise.

on the other hand - someone who might want to get their hands on such exotics can pull a few strings with their bankers and know about the auction - you never know, some bhpian might get a good deal
samyakmodi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2013, 11:38   #1931
BHPian

From what i have seen in the last few years dealing with car finance guys (bankers) is that they have really taken a step back when it comes to sports cars or exotic cars financing. The finance approvals go through much more stricter processes than they used to, some years ago. I was told this is happening because of a noticeable increase in the number of defaulters amongst exotic car buying crowd compared with under 1cr German cars. Cant comment on this particular case as i have not been following it, but incase of a finance default, the vehicle will be impounded by the finance co. and will be put on sale, auction or no auction.
Old 3rd June 2013, 16:20   #1932
Senior - BHPian

Is there any way of getting to know when these auctions happen and how one can get invited?

In another thread, a member has put up pics of a seized Jag XKRS. He states that it was seized by the bank/finance company. If this is to be auctioned, can one pick up the car and ask the same bank to re-finance? I do know it is extremely difficult to get second hand cars financed but this being a vehicle over the 1cr mark, there maybe some considerations? A reply would be highly appreciated.

Last edited by GTO : 4th June 2013 at 14:25. Reason: Guess you meant seized, not ceased :)
Old 3rd June 2013, 17:01   #1933
Distinguished - BHPian

NDTV takes a late night drive with Ranbir in the G63
http://www.ndtv.com/video/player/tha...ture/277734?hp

Says he rewards himself with a new car after almost every hit film. Claims after this weeks release he might get himself a new sports car.
My hunch is he will get an italian this time having tried his hands with the German R8
Sahil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2013, 04:45   #1934
BHPian

Bobby Deol on the sets of YPD2 driving a lamborghini murcielago (Not his car though), towards the end he says that he's getting a Porsche Carrera S.

Another pic of the same Lamborghini with Sunny Deol
Bollywood Stars and their Cars-afterhandpumpitscardoorsforsunnydeol.jpg

Last edited by Somu2009 : 9th June 2013 at 04:53.
Old 9th June 2013, 16:22   #1935
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somu2009 View Post
http://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=WtdV7kwv07Q

Bobby Deol on the sets of YPD2 driving a lamborghini murcielago (Not his car though), towards the end he says that he's getting a Porsche Carrera S.

Another pic of the same Lamborghini with Sunny Deol
By the way that's Sunny Deol in the pic and not Bobby. A few posts before I did mention Bobby having the carrera 4s already and Sunny getting the 911 Turbo S by September.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks