Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2013, 11:09   #1981
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bollywood Stars and their Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.K View Post
AFAIK John got his first R1 after giving away his VMax to a director. :/
He had a R1 ages ago. The Vmax did not make way for the R1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
John had a Screamer R1 before the V-Max which he wrecked and injured someone, I don't think he has one now. He replaced the V-Max with a Gixxer, I think.
The Gixer was always there even before the Vmax came. The Gixxer was sold to a friend of mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra View Post
I might be wrong but I guess he still has the Vmax. As one of his recent movies had that bike and he took his own bike to probably UK for shooting a song or something. I think I saw one of his interviews where he mentioned this. But his movie was more than atleast 6 months back.
The Vmax has gone to Sanjay Gupta. He did not take the bike there but was used to shoot the song in Bombay itself as to keep the continueity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
He gifted his own V-Max to Director Sanjay Gupta. Here's the post -- http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-...ml#post3116219
Not sure if he replaced it with Gixxer or not. Folks at Yamaha won't be happy seeing him posing with the Suzuki Gixxer!
The Gixxer went before the Vmax did and in the picture you can see the Vmax in the background.

The Vmax made way for his new bike which is yet to arrive..the Kawasaki ZX14R.
Old 21st August 2013, 13:44   #1982
BHPian

Imran sure is a car enthusiast and easily chose the V8 S over the standard V6 when he bought the old gen face lifted Cayenne S, which still very much remains with him as the GTS is only a courtesy car considering his S was in service station.

I just wished he bought a 458 instead of the California, as in India California is priced above even the LP550-2 Gallardo which comes across as a much better alternative.
Old 21st August 2013, 16:15   #1983
A.K
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorque View Post
Imran sure is a car enthusiast and easily chose the V8 S over the standard V6 when he bought the old gen face lifted Cayenne S, which still very much remains with him as the GTS is only a courtesy car considering his S was in service station.

I just wished he bought a 458 instead of the California, as in India California is priced above even the LP550-2 Gallardo which comes across as a much better alternative.
Last I heard was that there is a very small gap between Cali and 458's pricing in the country of roughy 40-50lac. This was one of the prime reason the silver Cali sat at the showroom floor ever since the opening of the showroom till last month coz she had CF bits and options worth nearly 85lac, hence people moved and bought a 458 instead.

Talking about Ferrari, I am told that Ferrari New Delhi will get a new operator in 2014. I hope this leads to a Maserati showroom too.

Last edited by A.K : 21st August 2013 at 16:18.
Old 21st August 2013, 18:05   #1984
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
He had a R1 ages ago. The Vmax did not make way for the R1.

The Gixer was always there even before the Vmax came. The Gixxer was sold to a friend of mine.

The Vmax has gone to Sanjay Gupta. He did not take the bike there but was used to shoot the song in Bombay itself as to keep the continueity.

The Gixxer went before the Vmax did and in the picture you can see the Vmax in the background.

The Vmax made way for his new bike which is yet to arrive..the Kawasaki ZX14R.

So Speedy does this mean that he has right now only the Busa and that an Enfield based Chopper and as you mentioned a new ZX-14R is arriving?
Old 22nd August 2013, 11:00   #1985
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Talking about Ferrari, I am told that Ferrari New Delhi will get a new operator in 2014. I hope this leads to a Maserati showroom too.
That is the word moving around. Maserati world over shares its showroom with Ferrari and do not have a stand alone showroom or service center.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra View Post
So Speedy does this mean that he has right now only the Busa and that an Enfield based Chopper and as you mentioned a new ZX-14R is arriving?
He does not have the Busa as per my friend, he even did not see the enfield based chopper when he had collected the gixr 1000 from the actors house. The ZX14R is expected to arrive in september.
speedy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2013, 15:23   #1986
BHPian

Quote:
That is the word moving around. Maserati world over shares its showroom with Ferrari and do not have a stand alone showroom or service center.

He does not have the Busa as per my friend, he even did not see the enfield based chopper when he had collected the gixr 1000 from the actors house. The ZX14R is expected to arrive in september.
expect something big from the bmw stable before the 14 r comes
Old 22nd August 2013, 16:25   #1987
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme power View Post
You mean S1000r or maybe HP4??? Now that's moving out of the box. Going ahead and buying a LP 550-2 was again a brave take, not that he couldn't afford to buy a standard Gallardo.
Old 23rd August 2013, 11:07   #1988
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme power View Post
BMW Motard is getting only 4 units of the HP4 and all are sold out. The next batch of bikes will only come end of next year. In september or october as per Kawasaki's launch Bmw has nothing new to offer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redline Shooter View Post
You mean S1000r or maybe HP4??? Now that's moving out of the box. Going ahead and buying a LP 550-2 was again a brave take, not that he couldn't afford to buy a standard Gallardo.
The whole idea was this car was in the old price and ready for delivery in his favourite color black, thats why he chose it, plus price of a 550 is cheaper. He also changed the wheels to the black ones.
Old 23rd August 2013, 11:14   #1989
BHPian

Quote:
BMW Motard is getting only 4 units of the HP4 and all are sold out. The next batch of bikes will only come end of next year. In september or october as per Kawasaki's launch Bmw has nothing new to offer.

The whole idea was this car was in the old price and ready for delivery in his favourite color black, thats why he chose it, plus price of a 550 is cheaper. He also changed the wheels to the black ones.
Oh but why buy a car is haste, I mean if at all it changes the complete dynamics of the car and changes it in a way you don't specifically desire it to.
And the wheels that he has opted for, isn't that from the older generation? I mean i might be wrong but isn't the standard rim available a multispoke, I am completely forgetting the name of the particular rim but basically its the one that Karan has on its Gallardo.
Old 23rd August 2013, 11:39   #1990
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Oh but why buy a car is haste, I mean if at all it changes the complete dynamics of the car and changes it in a way you don't specifically desire it to.
And the wheels that he has opted for, isn't that from the older generation? I mean i might be wrong but isn't the standard rim available a multispoke, I am completely forgetting the name of the particular rim but basically its the one that Karan has on its Gallardo.
I dont think it was a hasty decision on his part but a smart one. He is not someone to speed or anything, so the 550-2 is a good choice. The only difference is its a 2 wheel drive and nothing else changes from the 560-4. I am sure he got a good discount and also the old price being applicable with the car made it a sweet deal. The car was brand new and had been here for a while.

The wheels are not from the older generation they are optional Callisto high gloss black wheels which are the same design for ages with the gallardo. The car was optioned by the dealership with Cordelia wheels which are the multi spoke ones. The standard wheels i guess are the Apollo or the Callisto.
speedy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2013, 16:03   #1991
BHPian

Quote:
I dont think it was a hasty decision on his part but a smart one. He is not someone to speed or anything, so the 550-2 is a good choice. The only difference is its a 2 wheel drive and nothing else changes from the 560-4. I am sure he got a good discount and also the old price being applicable with the car made it a sweet deal. The car was brand new and had been here for a while.

The wheels are not from the older generation they are optional Callisto high gloss black wheels which are the same design for ages with the gallardo. The car was optioned by the dealership with Cordelia wheels which are the multi spoke ones. The standard wheels i guess are the Apollo or the Callisto.
Thanks for all the info.
Yeah Cordelia it is, the name of the multispoke rim. Yeah i believe Apollo was introduced with LP 560-4 as standard rims and Callisto was also continued from the last generation Gallardos. And as for the car, it surely looks good in all black avatar.Though slightly under powered, but then that shouldn't make much of a difference.

Last edited by Redline Shooter : 23rd August 2013 at 16:04.
Old 24th August 2013, 22:13   #1992
A.K
Senior - BHPian

Say what?

Arjun Rampal has a " F1 tested Mercedes Mc Laren" SLR?

Or is it just our media reporting a Merc as a SLR?

http://www.hindustantimes.com/Entert...e1-588865.aspx

And this one says he got one for 2.4crore

http://www.udupitoday.com/udtoday/mi...newsid=27&id=6
Old 24th August 2013, 22:40   #1993
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Say what?

The first link says that he posted a pic of a McLaren in his twitter. Well, he must have clicked a pic of the McLaren he spotted while he was shooting abroad; Need not be his own car.
Old 26th August 2013, 10:57   #1994
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Though slightly under powered, but then that shouldn't make much of a difference.
Drive a lp550-2 and she will change your perception of being under powered . In India you rarely touch the 200 plus kmph mark and in the city you are max touching 60 or 70 kmph, even if you are in a Veyron. The Lp 550-2 even on the e way is not under powered or slow, she is capable of leaving alot of other cars behind.

Quote:
Say what?

, he does not own a Mclaren here or abroad. I guess its reported wrong.
Old 26th August 2013, 11:17   #1995
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Say what?

This article is funny.

5. Aamir Khan – Rolls Royce Ghost Phantom: Bollywood's Mr Perfectionist bought a Rolls Royce Ghost Phantom worth Rs 3.11 crore for himself in 2011.

Most Viewed