Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2009, 23:07   #826
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkanitkar View Post
What an irony ! His car had to stall right in front of an on-going election rally of the opposition party.. :P

BTW, can someone tell me, who else has a similar white S class ( panoramic roof et al ) with reg. ending with AB-01 ? Or is it deshmukh's car only ?
I think Hritik Roshan owns a white merc with such roof. Not sure if it's a S class.
Old 1st October 2009, 23:15   #827
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkanitkar View Post
BTW, can someone tell me, who else has a similar white S class ( panoramic roof et al ) with reg. ending with AB-01 ? Or is it deshmukh's car only ?
Can let you know only dayafter as tom is a holiday at the service center. I have seen the car many a times there but never bothered to ask. I do not think it belongs to anyone from the film fraternity but will check.

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
I think Hritik Roshan owns a white merc with such roof. Not sure if it's a S class.
Hritik Roshan, Rani Mukharji, Amitabh Bachan are amoungst the few i remember with a White S class with the Panoramic roof. Priyanka Chopra has a silver one with the Panoramic roof.

E class and C class do not come with Panoramic roofs Harshal .
Old 2nd October 2009, 00:38   #828
Distinguished - BHPian

^ Speedy- Priyanka Chopra has a white S500 with panaromic roof.
Beats me why she wouldn't just get a S350 instead?!? Besides ofcourse the snob/badge value which is prime in bollywood!
Old 2nd October 2009, 08:45   #829
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
^ Speedy- Priyanka Chopra has a white S500 with panaromic roof.
Beats me why she wouldn't just get a S350 instead?!? Besides ofcourse the snob/badge value which is prime in bollywood!
I had seen the car when it had come for PDA and the service guys told me it belongs to her. S350 with Panoramic roof. The 500 does have alot of snob value especially if the top notch have 350's. I would call Priyanka Chopra smarter than the rest if she has the S500 Panoramic. Reason being all three 320cdi, 350 and 500 panoramic have to be ordered. The 500 comes standard with Panoramic (as i was told). Now if you are going to pay a higher price than the 320cdi and 350 normal and close to a 500, then if i do have the money i would get the 500 and that is what she did.

Will try and get a list of Bollywood and their Mercedes.
Old 2nd October 2009, 09:06   #830
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post

Hritik Roshan, Rani Mukharji, Amitabh Bachan are amoungst the few i remember with a White S class with the Panoramic roof. Priyanka Chopra has a silver one with the Panoramic roof.

Among them Mr.AB is having S600.

Quote:
I had seen the car when it had come for PDA and the service guys told me it belongs to her. S350 with Panoramic roof. The 500 does have alot of snob value especially if the top notch have 350's. I would call Priyanka Chopra smarter than the rest if she has the S500 Panoramic. Reason being all three 320cdi, 350 and 500 panoramic have to be ordered. The 500 comes standard with Panoramic (as i was told). Now if you are going to pay a higher price than the 320cdi and 350 normal and close to a 500, then if i do have the money i would get the 500 and that is what she did.

Will try and get a list of Bollywood and their Mercedes.
No buddy, Panoramic is not standard in whole range. Even S600 comes with regular sunroof. But sunroof is standard in S600.

Anyway please try to get the list of Merc in Bollywood!
Old 2nd October 2009, 09:24   #831
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanmust View Post
Among them Mr.AB is having S600.
He has three S classes all white. S600 and 350 normal roof and one 350 with panoramic roof.

Quote:
No buddy, Panoramic is not standard in whole range. Even S600 comes with regular sunroof. But sunroof is standard in S600.

Anyway please try to get the list of Merc in Bollywood!
I never said standard in the entire range. The 320cdi and 350 can be ordered in the Panoramic roof and the S500 for india is standard Panoramic unless you choose otherwise. I did not know this till the Mercedes representative here told me.
Hanni this is not the sunroof we are talking about but the panoramic roof. If you choose a normal roof then the Sunroof is standard in all cars.
Will sit on it tom with the Merc guys to make a list.

Hanni do check this thread out.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-...s600-w140.html

Last edited by speedy : 2nd October 2009 at 09:26.
Old 2nd October 2009, 12:28   #832
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

E class and C class do not come with Panoramic roofs Harshal .
im pretty sure the e class is available with a panoramic roof. at least the older gen one.
Old 2nd October 2009, 16:16   #833
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
He has three S classes all white. S600 and 350 normal roof and one 350 with panoramic roof.
Oh! does he have three S-classes? I thought only two, S600 & S350 (t-grey) which was gifted to Aishwarya!

Quote:
I never said standard in the entire range. The 320cdi and 350 can be ordered in the Panoramic roof and the S500 for india is standard Panoramic unless you choose otherwise. I did not know this till the Mercedes representative here told me.
Hanni this is not the sunroof we are talking about but the panoramic roof. If you choose a normal roof then the Sunroof is standard in all cars.
Will sit on it tom with the Merc guys to make a list.

Hanni do check this thread out.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-...s600-w140.html

Dude, I ment that in whole S-class range (global market) Panoramic is not standard for any variant. But may be as you said in India for CBU MB India might be giving Panoramic, but thats a package! I'm well aware about Panoramic as well as sunroof, but what was trying to say was only Sunroof is standard on S600 in global market.

Buddy; why did you asked me to check the W140 thread?
Old 2nd October 2009, 21:48   #834
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
im pretty sure the e class is available with a panoramic roof. at least the older gen one.
Your Mistaken Akshy none of the E classes of any generation in India is available with the Panoramic roof. MB does not customise the E for India. It is one standard set that you get. Plus the cost and the wait involved it is not feasable.

Quote:
Oh! does he have three S-classes? I thought only two, S600 & S350 (t-grey) which was gifted to Aishwarya!
One 350 was recently taken.

Quote:
Dude, I ment that in whole S-class range (global market) Panoramic is not standard for any variant. But may be as you said in India for CBU MB India might be giving Panoramic, but thats a package! I'm well aware about Panoramic as well as sunroof, but what was trying to say was only Sunroof is standard on S600 in global market.

Buddy; why did you asked me to check the W140 thread?
Yes i agree with you, they are options but what i was saying is for India and only for the S500 they have it in ready as a standard. You can choose an S500 without the Panoramic roof as well.
Sorry if it sounded brash or like you know your stuff. I am well aware of your knowledge and especially when it comes to Mercedes. The sunroof is standard for the entire range that is C,E and S class. Panoramic roof is optional.

To see the W140 cl500. I am sure you would like the car.
Old 3rd October 2009, 03:09   #835
BHPian

Quote:

Why yes, when the C class (mind did and its a 2002) can have optional Panaromic sunroof then E class should have one too.
Old 3rd October 2009, 11:34   #836
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Your Mistaken Akshy none of the E classes of any generation in India is available with the Panoramic roof. MB does not customise the E for India. It is one standard set that you get. Plus the cost and the wait involved it is not feasable.
oh i thought merc did do it if you wanted. i remember seeing an e class with a panoramic roof.
Old 3rd October 2009, 11:58   #837
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Check this thread for pics of E320 with panoramic roof
Old 3rd October 2009, 12:16   #838
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayavi View Post
Why yes, when the C class (mind did and its a 2002) can have optional Panaromic sunroof then E class should have one too.
The E does have the Panoramic roof world wide. When the SL can have it why not any other Model. In India they do not have it, its like the S class you have to order it.

Quote:
oh i thought merc did do it if you wanted. i remember seeing an e class with a panoramic roof.
I never said they dont have it. It is not standard but has to be ordered and i would rather get an S class than have a E with Panoramic roof. That is why there would be only one or two cars with the Panoramic roof and that too not standard models. I was talking off the pune plant not having the Panoramic manufactured for the Models. You have to order it in and for a C and E it is not feasable for the buyer so you would not see it on the cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
Check this thread for pics of E320 with panoramic roof
I am aware of the E320 and an E500 in Delhi and if i remember right a E 63Amg that is coming to Bombay also is with the Panoramic roof. These are direct imports and not from Standard production cars. If you walk in too the showroom MB will not tell you of the optional Panoramic for the C or the E as they would for the S class. It is the customer who would have to ask them if they could import an E with the panoramic roof. This is what i meant when i said the Panoramic roof is not available for India in the E and the C.
Old 3rd October 2009, 18:08   #839
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

One 350 was recently taken.

Yes i agree with you, they are options but what i was saying is for India and only for the S500 they have it in ready as a standard. You can choose an S500 without the Panoramic roof as well.
Sorry if it sounded brash or like you know your stuff. I am well aware of your knowledge and especially when it comes to Mercedes. The sunroof is standard for the entire range that is C,E and S class. Panoramic roof is optional.

To see the W140 cl500. I am sure you would like the car.
Thank you for the compliments! Ya, I've seen the CL500!

BTW why does Mr.AB have three S-class of same colour? Does he still own the 760Li? Does he drive the S-classes (especially S600) himself as he does with 760Li? What all are is his fleet now?

Quote:

I never said they dont have it. It is not standard but has to be ordered and i would rather get an S class than have a E with Panoramic roof. That is why there would be only one or two cars with the Panoramic roof and that too not standard models. I was talking off the pune plant not having the Panoramic manufactured for the Models. You have to order it in and for a C and E it is not feasable for the buyer so you would not see it on the cars.

You are right in Pune they build CKD E-class without Panoramic & if you order a Panoramic it could cost you near S-class! I remember once at Chandigard I saw a silver E320 with Panoramic displayed at the showroom & if I'm not worng he told the price as around Rs.65Lacs!
Old 4th October 2009, 12:51   #840
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
BTW why does Mr.AB have three S-class of same colour? Does he still own the 760Li? Does he drive the S-classes (especially S600) himself as he does with 760Li? What all are is his fleet now?
One is for Aishwarya one for the house and The 600 is taken out at night. Yes i had seen the 760li resently and was told he was keen to upgrade it to the new one. He drives all his cars and sometimes if you are lucky you can see him late at night driving his cars. If i do get a chance to visit his place i can give you a list. Right now the cars i see him in when he comes over i know off.
As far as i know two S350's one S600, BMW 760LI, Porsche cayman S, Land cruiser 101, BMW X5, ROLLS, Bentley GT (going to be upgraded to GT speed). The LP640 and the SL 500 were recently sold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunmust View Post
You are right in Pune they build CKD E-class without Panoramic & if you order a Panoramic it could cost you near S-class! I remember once at Chandigard I saw a silver E320 with Panoramic displayed at the showroom & if I'm not worng he told the price as around Rs.65Lacs!
That would be 65 without registration and other costs.

The King is getting his throne. It is confirmed "The Badshah" of Bollywood Shahrukh Khan is finally getting the Phantom. The finer details are yet to be ironed out and the advance is to be payed. i learnt of it last night only and also this is his first Rolls Royce. I do not understand why he does not want to go in for the Ghost.

Most Viewed