Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2009, 12:47   #886
Senior - BHPian

Why Mumbai Hanny anywhere on our godforsaken roads. Mumbai has developed er very little though. You will be surprised there seems to be some change in respect for cars in Mumbai because almost everyone is now buying good cars so people now respect other peoples property as well as theirs (tasting their own medicine) I think small towns and villages are still catching up
Old 26th October 2009, 16:45   #887
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
Why Mumbai Hanny anywhere on our godforsaken roads. Mumbai has developed er very little though. You will be surprised there seems to be some change in respect for cars in Mumbai because almost everyone is now buying good cars so people now respect other peoples property as well as theirs (tasting their own medicine) I think small towns and villages are still catching up

Oh thats great & I personally wish Mumbai to be the pioneer metro to be raised to that level. If canonball is true, then there will be a drastic change even if it take time!
Old 2nd November 2009, 18:18   #888
BHPian

hello

hello friends

just saw Shahid Kapor taking delivery of new black Range Rover from worli showroom today afternoon
Old 2nd November 2009, 18:29   #889
v10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dins View Post
hello friends

just saw Shahid Kapor taking delivery of new black Range Rover from worli showroom today afternoon
Yes, I was told Shahid is getting the first 2010 Facelift Range Rover Vogue some time back. Shall be the first '10 RR in the country i guess.
Old 2nd November 2009, 21:47   #890
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v10 View Post
Yes, I was told Shahid is getting the first 2010 Facelift Range Rover Vogue some time back. Shall be the first '10 RR in the country i guess.
nope man bangalore already has one more its been like a week or so
Old 2nd November 2009, 22:33   #891
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinetik View Post
nope man bangalore already has one more its been like a week or so
Yes,
its a white one.
Old 3rd November 2009, 08:19   #892
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dins View Post
hello friends

I found these pictures on BwT

Bollywood Stars and their Cars-shahid20kapoor20at20range20rover20event2020.jpg

Bollywood Stars and their Cars-shahid20kapoor20at20range20rover20event20202.jpg

Bollywood Stars and their Cars-shahid20kapoor20at20range20rover20event20205.jpg
Old 3rd November 2009, 08:27   #893
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishasrani View Post
Yes,
its a white one.
Its a 2010 Range Rover Autobiography
Old 3rd November 2009, 13:22   #894
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post
OT: IMO I think its too much of Mr Tata to handover the keys to someone like say Shahid. AFAIK He's not that big an achiever for Mr Tata to comedown to the showroom, perhaps not even endorsing anything of Tatas as far as I remember.
Maybe, I should percieve this as "badappan" of Ratan Tata to do this Or perhaps Shahid's good chance of being first in MH regn to book this one, much ahead of Poonawalas / Bhosales / Ghodawats.

Last edited by AltoHoncho : 3rd November 2009 at 13:32.
Old 3rd November 2009, 13:43   #895
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Neil Nitin Mukesh was extremely upset yesterday night after a biker at Marine drive hit his Audi Q7. Neil is in despair because his car is dented despite him taking so much care of it.
Quote:
Neil hadn’t taken his car out for days. When he took it out just once on Thursday night, a biker saw him and started yelling his name out loudly and moved in circles around his car. Neil waved at him and asked him to drive safe. He then went past Neil and the latter was relieved. Just sometime later, Neil saw him again at the signal where he zoomed in and damaged the front of Neil’s Audi and also an Indica that was next to the Audi.
Neil was almost in tears when he saw the state of his car. Somehow, he got home without getting into a fight. The biker wasn’t badly hurt. Neil is angry that the biker thinks money comes easy for public figures. He had bought the car after a lot of trouble and now someone’s damaged it.
Nitin Mukesh, Neil’s father, is happy that Neil is alright and not injured. He isn’t upset about the car but is worried about Neil who is so sad over it.

Neil Nitin Mukesh's Audi Q7 hit by motorbike-Bollywood News | CalcuttaTube
Old 3rd November 2009, 14:37   #896
Senior - BHPian

Altohancho RR & LR sales have been damp in India so far (since showroom opened) they have sold just one Disco 3 (at a heavy discount) so I apdo Ratan is taking every publicity oppertunity in order to get traction so Shahid is the star for him now!

Otherwise you would not catch typically see him like this!
Old 3rd November 2009, 14:46   #897
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoHoncho View Post
OT: IMO I think its too much of Mr Tata to handover the keys to someone like say Shahid.
1+ to above:
Look at pic Mr TATA gives the Keybox with two hands and Shahid gets in one hand and one hand in pocket which is not good posture of receiving from a great person like TATA.

Sorry for OT
Sudan_NFS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2009, 18:05   #898
BHPian

Quote:
Altohancho RR & LR sales have been damp in India so far (since showroom opened) they have sold just one Disco 3 (at a heavy discount)
When I was talking to a salesgirl there (she also has same initials like Shahid.. SK) she said three final bookings for Freelander and a considerable pipeline for RR is aready existing!!

Quote:
so I apdo Ratan is taking every publicity oppertunity in order to get traction so Shahid is the star for him now!

Quite surprising though, because RR and LR is for the audience who fulfill just one prereq "MONEY"... the machines need not publicity and are known to all since ages (atleast to the target audience), I am not sure how would sales turn UP by doing such 'publicity'
I think accidentally perhaps Mr Tata was there in the showroom when he came for the delivery, quite a fortunate SK I must say.
Old 3rd November 2009, 21:10   #899
Senior - BHPian

Car Sales people are mostly full of BS I have met a handful of good ones in my life, they will sell their mothers if that was possible - So I won't go by what she is saying I have statistics from the horses mouth. Most RR & Jag demand has been fullfilled by middle agent imports before official showroom went online. So funny timimg, considerable demand already met, product not new anymore (infact at latter end of cycle) and the genneral economic trend being iffi are reason for fewer sales

I believe game plan is to localise so the freelander could be available at 20 to 25 lacs once assemble commenes is the though doing the rounds inside
Old 3rd November 2009, 23:09   #900
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yup, Its a big deal for JLR if the car gains acceptance in Bollywood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudan_NFS View Post
1Look at pic Mr TATA gives the Keybox with two hands and Shahid gets in one hand and one hand in pocket which is not good posture of receiving from a great person like TATA.
Sorry for OT
I think he is pissed off that Salman got a free X6 for showing up at a dealership and now he's doing all this PR for free !!

But regardless, one should expect better behaviour in front of a Bharatratna.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks