Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2011, 21:17   #1411
BHPian

Re: Bollywood Stars and their Cars

I think this is Farhan Akhtar's ride. Apparently the pic was taken when he arrived for a promotion event for his movie at Mehboob Studios
Attached Thumbnails
Bollywood Stars and their Cars-dsc_6264_3.jpg  

Last edited by Tarz : 14th July 2011 at 21:17. Reason: Name misspelt
Old 15th July 2011, 15:14   #1412
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

Today Morning I read on some bollywood gossip site that the famous bollywood Producer Mr. Ronnie Screwvala has got him self a spanking new Aston Martin ONE-77. It also said that he was the first one in India to get it. (not sure how true is that, because there were claims that someone in Hyderabad also getting one)

@mods : i am unable to post that link as i read it on a another PC at home and hence not able to post the source site here. Please delete this post if its against the rules.
Old 15th July 2011, 15:49   #1413
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by i<3turbo View Post
Word on the street is that, Bushan Kumar is selling his R8 SPyder and booking a 458
Wanna know who will buy that
Old 18th July 2011, 12:38   #1414
Senior - BHPian

Amir Khan got himself a new Rolls Royce. Seems the actor is on a luxury car shopping spree. Bentley and now a Rolls.

Source : Article Window

Aamir rolls out hot wheels from Satara
Atul Deshpande | TNN

Satara: Bollywood actor Aamir Khan got his brand new Rolls-Royce registered at Maharashtra’s Satara regional transport office (RTO) on Saturday. He also managed to get a special number, MH 11 AX 1, for it. People stopped by to see the shining, metallic silver car when it was brought to RTO for registration. Deputy regional transport officer V R Gujarathi confirmed that the car belonged Khan and that he had requested for the registration number ‘1’.

“The RTO charged over Rs 47 lakh tax and another Rs 3 lakh for the special number. Since the number was not available in four-wheeler series, it was allotted from the two-wheeler series. The car has been registered in the name of Advital Post Studios Ltd at 7D, Silver Valley Society, Mahabaleshwar,” Gujarathi said. Khan had bought the property five years ago.

RTO sources said Mumbai-based Navneet Motors imported the car from the UK at Rs 1.22 crore. The customs duty was calculated at Rs 1.41 crore. The special number cost Khan Rs 3 lakh. Total cost of the car worked out to Rs 3.11 crore.

Bollywood Stars and their Cars-rr.jpg

Didnt quite understand the statement " Since the number was not available in four-wheeler series, it was allotted from the two-wheeler series.". Is it really possible to do that?
Old 18th July 2011, 14:24   #1415
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
Guys,

Today Morning I read on some bollywood gossip site that the famous bollywood Producer Mr. Ronnie Screwvala has got him self a spanking new Aston Martin ONE-77. It also said that he was the first one in India to get it. (not sure how true is that, because there were claims that someone in Hyderabad also getting one)

@mods : i am unable to post that link as i read it on a another PC at home and hence not able to post the source site here. Please delete this post if its against the rules.
If thats true im gonna keep a look-out for that one, as he lives near about my place. Also, its quite likely IMO, that the news on this gossip site has got the Car name correct and the model wrong (even though the models arent phonetically similar)..hopefully we hear some concrete news about this, Im getting my camera ready..Cheers
Old 18th July 2011, 15:56   #1416
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
Didnt quite understand the statement " Since the number was not available in four-wheeler series, it was allotted from the two-wheeler series.". Is it really possible to do that?
I am not sure about Mumbai but here in Delhi I have seen numerous car with fancy numbers from S series, which origianlly meant for two wheelers.
Old 18th July 2011, 17:37   #1417
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSAM View Post
If thats true im gonna keep a look-out for that one, as he lives near about my place. Also, its quite likely IMO, that the news on this gossip site has got the Car name correct and the model wrong (even though the models arent phonetically similar)..hopefully we hear some concrete news about this, Im getting my camera ready..Cheers

Dude! I have valid information from a very famous garage owner from Hyderabad that Ronnie has bought the first car in India...Also, This article harsh is talking about was posted AFTER I posted the info on this site.
Old 18th July 2011, 18:58   #1418
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANDHAV View Post
I am not sure about Mumbai but here in Delhi I have seen numerous car with fancy numbers from S series, which origianlly meant for two wheelers.
+1 ^. There are hundreds of cars in Delhi running with the S series meant for 2 wheelers , i'm sure it's not legal but is always ignored by the cops until someone meets with an accident.
Old 18th July 2011, 19:12   #1419
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishnayak View Post
+1 ^. There are hundreds of cars in Delhi running with the S series meant for 2 wheelers , i'm sure it's not legal but is always ignored by the cops until someone meets with an accident.
Isnt RTO the one issuing reg nos? If it is then how can it be illegal? What can cops do anything about it?

Am i missing something here?
Old 18th July 2011, 22:34   #1420
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknownsatan View Post
Isnt RTO the one issuing reg nos? If it is then how can it be illegal? What can cops do anything about it?

Am i missing something here?
May be he mean't owners are using number plates from their motorbikes.
Old 19th July 2011, 11:00   #1421
Team-BHP Support

Look at Shah Rukh Khan's gift to Sanjay Dutt. A cruiser motorcycle from Ducati

Shah Rukh Khan's expensive gifts to Sanjay Dutt - The Times of India
Old 19th July 2011, 11:47   #1422
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravelsnip@gmail View Post
Dude! I have valid information from a very famous garage owner from Hyderabad that Ronnie has bought the first car in India...Also, This article harsh is talking about was posted AFTER I posted the info on this site.
Ravelsnip, i sincerly hope youre right and the article in question, i must add, the first car (displayed at the Mumbai Showroom) was to go to Hyderabad itself, its not there anymore on display. I reckon its reached the new owner at certainly not with Ronnie..Nevertheless, lets wait and watch, i hope to spot her soon>>
Old 19th July 2011, 12:47   #1423
Senior - BHPian

@harish: No its not illegal, RTO issuse this number under special provision of fancy number just like F series number.
Old 19th July 2011, 14:33   #1424
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarz View Post
I think this is Farhan Akhtar's ride. Apparently the pic was taken when he arrived for a promotion event for his movie at Mehboob Studios
Correct its his car, he also has a black Merc E270 & a Old shape Honda CRV.
Old 20th July 2011, 09:27   #1425
Senior - BHPian

King Khan gifts a Ducati Multistrada to Sanju Baba for doing a cameo in SRK's forthcoming Ra.One
Attached Thumbnails
Bollywood Stars and their Cars-349737009.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks