Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2009, 12:16   #631
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
She had a Q7 import for a while and then the Cayanne and now Q7 official one.
Oh Ok I wasnt aware of this, thanks for the info

Quote:
The busa was and is his love, he had to get rid of it as he was the brand ambassador for yamaha. The tips he can give you to mod your bike and the places to get parts and accesaries for it should carry some weight. I remember he once told me some place in KL where i could get some part for the Busa that he required. It helped the fuel to come with more preasure to increase power. Technocrat i like only 1000cc plus bikes weather it is a cruiser or a sport. My first bike and the one i learnt on and rode the streets was a 900cc. If you do not know something on the bike or car you Google and study about it.
Well they had got all the bikes for Dhoom from either Thailand or Malaysia (Cant remember correctly but I think it was Thailand ). So he would know, besides since these bikes were not sold here then most of the SBK guys know where to source the parts from. Yes he had to sell the Busa because of Yamaha

I am in no way saying that he aint a Bike enthusiast or anything to that effect, he is definitely one but since past few posts we are talking about having a taste amongst films stars for cars then by that yardstick I think John should have had an exotic (atleast at some point of time) to show his Taste in bikes, thats all

From other stars I feel Sanjay Dutt & Sanjay Gupta have better taste in Bikes (If those said cruiser's belong to them)
Old 25th August 2009, 12:28   #632
D.Surya

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanmust View Post
It's long since I'm also trying to find out which car is used by A.R.Rahman. Anybody from Chennai got any idea?
I think he used to have a mercedes mb 140d about 3-4 years back.
anyways....

I was at lanson toyota getting my drive belt changed, I was enquiring about how the New lc is going about and they told me A.R. Rahman is getting the first car. Dont know for sure, but only time will tell...

OT; they also had 2 fortuners, it does not look that bad....

Old 25th August 2009, 12:48   #633
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post

Well they had got all the bikes for Dhoom from either Thailand or Malaysia (Cant remember correctly but I think it was Thailand ). So he would know, besides since these bikes were not sold here then most of the SBK guys know where to source the parts from. Yes he had to sell the Busa because of Yamaha

I am in no way saying that he aint a Bike enthusiast or anything to that effect, he is definitely one but since past few posts we are talking about having a taste amongst films stars for cars then by that yardstick I think John should have had an exotic (atleast at some point of time) to show his Taste in bikes, thats all

From other stars I feel Sanjay Dutt & Sanjay Gupta have better taste in Bikes (If those said cruiser's belong to them)
John was no way involved in getting the bikes for Dhoom. He always had bikes way before the movie and the only reason he was interested in the movie was that he would be with bikes. The bikes were brought from singapore by a dealer for Yash Raj Films. A.B. jr and A.C. got their first taste of bikes due to this film. John has risen from an RX100 to the busa. so it was not a straight jump to a 1300cc monster, there were plenty of bikes in between all different CC's. The problem with bikes is you need to be comfortable on them. Its like a friend of mine had Bombays first Vrod and sold it after doing 100kms as it was way too uncomfortable for him to ride. I am sure many bikers who do long rides would agree. John is a very down to earth kind of guy and does not spend for the heck of spending and looking good, Practicality is very important to him. He did see the 1098r but riding position did not suit him.

Sanjay dutt had the Harley Heritage softail and the Busa. Sanjay Gupta had the Triumph Rocket and one more bike (forgot which one now). Both like the look and take it. Harley was because he is fond of Harleys and the cult image it carries with it. The harley and the Rocket have been sold. Official Busa's stand in the garage now.
Old 25th August 2009, 13:13   #634
Senior - BHPian

Yep he had bikes long before & IIRC he also had an RD & has owned quite a few bikes before jumping to Imports.

By Dhoom I meant he would know the dealer already btw the bikes were bought by DreamBikes Pune on YRJ Flms Behalf, I know a few guys who were involved at that time (A few bikes in Movie are actually Indian bikes with Kits in some stunts).

Yes he is Indeed very down to earth(Got to know this from a few biker friends who have met him) & now that you Say that he did try out a Duke before ruling it out it does put him in an enthusiast category as I thought he bought the bikes only based on power, looks & Fame. I am glad to know that I was wrong

So how long would he have to stick with the R1
Old 25th August 2009, 13:48   #635
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yep he had bikes long before & IIRC he also had an RD & has owned quite a few bikes before jumping to Imports.

By Dhoom I meant he would know the dealer already btw the bikes were bought by DreamBikes Pune on YRJ Flms Behalf, I know a few guys who were involved at that time (A few bikes in Movie are actually Indian bikes with Kits in some stunts).

Yes he is Indeed very down to earth(Got to know this from a few biker friends who have met him) & now that you Say that he did try out a Duke before ruling it out it does put him in an enthusiast category as I thought he bought the bikes only based on power, looks & Fame. I am glad to know that I was wrong

So how long would he have to stick with the R1
No he did not know the dealer prior to the movie. He used to get the bike from another source. Yes there were the indian Kitted bikes, that were used for the stunts. Even then they had one Gsxr 1000 and the Valederro (A.C.) bike which had crashed.

He had tried the 999, VN2000, Ninja 10r and 12r, Honda fireblade, Dragstar 1600, Harley Fatboy and some other sports bikes too. Cruisers were to unruly in traffic and did not give the rush. The sports some were uncomfortable and some felt unstable. His love is the Busa a blend of both.
Till his contract expires i guess. Once it does he shall be back on the Busa.
Old 25th August 2009, 14:05   #636
Senior - BHPian

No wonder, I have ridden a Busa & its a very comfortable yet Very powerful bike.
Old 25th August 2009, 18:05   #637
Senior - BHPian

I have seen John Abraham riding a black 12r long back, did he own one of them too?
Old 25th August 2009, 18:49   #638
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
John has the R1, busa was sold long back.

Haha Ajay knows his cars. I met him with his car at a shoot and he himself told me its too noisy and stiff to ride in and this is not what he expected from such a high end car. Now the point was he wanted to be different from the rest (E class,Bmw etc) but ended up puting the car on the market in months. He would use his X5 more often. I was offered this car.

Yes GK and SRK both have a likeing for the Phantom but would not get one for secutiry and attention the car would gather. He has his Q7 with two gaurds and a maid going to pick up his kids from school. His other hot favourite is the Bentley GT and CFS.
I agree with you for the most part. I still think that going in for a Quattroporte takes some form of guts or passion. Even if it was done just to be different, so mad props. I've met Ajay only once, and that was at a big party, he was with family. I walked up to him, said hi and told him I know what he drives. He was shocked to say the least (invasion of privacy ) But later he smiled and took me out to see the car. Now this was a while back. Had no idea it's been sold now.

I believe SRK has a new favorite. His love for the RR is unquestionable, but rumour has it that he might actually consider getting the flying spur instead of the GT.

Lastly, please check again. The R1 is long gone, there's a new Red/Black busa in John's garage, have ridden it so I know first hand.

Quote:
A few months back I was watching a show on TV where in John was driving in his Q7(it was a car show) & said that Bipasha has(at that time) a Cayennes & that he has asked her to get the Q7, So i believe he got it first.

As for Busa yeah he sold it & has an R1 which is gifted to him by Yamaha.

Btw going by what you have mentioned Speedy, he too might not really be knowing the bikes, I mean buying a Busa or an R1 or a 1000RR does not qualify one as knowledgeable person, it only shows that he likes bikes & buys the big ones as he can afford them.
Bips got the Q7 before John. He used to use her car earlier, then decided to go in for one of his own. This was when Bips had bothe the Cayenne and the Q7. Last time I checked the Chayenne was gone.
Again, I believe John no longer endorses Yamaha. There's a brand new 2009 Busa in town!
Oh and he knows his bikes to the core. Car, not so much, but he knows his bikes. He used to own a Yezdi, has had a bullet etc. He's hardcore into bikes man.

Quote:
I guess Mrs. GK is using a Q7 for her personal purpose. I've once seen her arriving in it for some celebrity wedding in TV.
GK uses a white Q7. The car is meant only for her and the kids, SRK doesn't use it at all. He prefers his BMWs. (I know all this for fact)

Yep, his latest toy, however he's had a superbike before, just that he barely rode it. He's using this one extensively, his E class can be seen trailing it for security purposes.
Old 25th August 2009, 19:07   #639
Senior - BHPian

Hmm thats a news if John indeed has sold the R1 & now rides a busa (again)

I think Shahid had the Honda 929 RR(The one he rode in Fida?), can anyone confirm?
Old 25th August 2009, 22:02   #640
Senior - BHPian

He had a 954 which was later bought by member Bikefreak if i am not worng.
Old 25th August 2009, 23:06   #641

Quote:
It's long since I'm also trying to find out which car is used by A.R.Rahman. Anybody from Chennai got any idea?

A R Rahman Uses an imported Toyota Land Cruiser. Its now an old model not sure which year he had got the vehicle
Old 25th August 2009, 23:22   #642
BHPian

I recently saw on TV Priyanka Chopra talking about her S class.

She admired S class so much, that, she is just fallen in love with the car.
Old 26th August 2009, 03:41   #643
Senior - BHPian

Bollywood Stars and their Cars-salmankhan.jpg

Salman Khan sitting on a red motorbike
Old 26th August 2009, 06:53   #644
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post
I think thats a Busa. Isn't it?
Old 26th August 2009, 08:26   #645
Senior - BHPian

It is indeed a hayabusa, but i doubt its his. had heard that he had an r1