Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2009, 14:32   #961
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
The car in the pic is the NewGen Merc E350/280cdi. So does that mean AB was among the first takes of the E Classé ? And i cant see the SUV properly since i've logged in from my BB.
If its the new one, then its VB the first taker as AB came in a Maroon SUV and VB came in this car.
Old 4th December 2009, 14:33   #962
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

The SUV is the new Toyota Land Cruiser and the sedan is the new W212 Mercedes Benz E-class.
Old 4th December 2009, 15:36   #963
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
The SUV is the new Toyota Land Cruiser and the sedan is the new W212 Mercedes Benz E-class.
. That is Mr. Bachans new Landcruiser. The W212 E350 belongs to Vidya Balan or it could belong to the Producer and she is being ferried around it to go to the various promotional sites.
Old 4th December 2009, 15:53   #964
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ya, its very clear that the SUV is new Landcruiser. if Vidhya is sitting in her own E-class then I think it's her first luxury sedan.
Old 4th December 2009, 16:01   #965
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanmust View Post
Ya, its very clear that the SUV is new Landcruiser. if Vidhya is sitting in her own E-class then I think it's her first luxury sedan.
see the rear contours of the SUV. It is the new landcruiser that came after one of the older white ones was sold. Mr.Bachan is very fond of the Landcruiser as he finds them very comfortable. Second one for her. She had a w211 Mercedes silver E 270 before this one.
Old 4th December 2009, 17:02   #966
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
see the rear contours of the SUV. It is the new landcruiser that came after one of the older white ones was sold. Mr.Bachan is very fond of the Landcruiser as he finds them very comfortable. Second one for her. She had a w211 Mercedes silver E 270 before this one.
Oh I see, she was earlier neighbour of my aunt in Mumbai @ Chemboor. Then after she entered the film my sister-in-law had met her & that time she had either Camry or Accord!
Old 4th December 2009, 17:03   #967
Senior - BHPian

Thats definitely not the e280.the new e comes only in the 350 series petrol or diesel .And the maroonish suv is definitely the v8 biggie landcruiser.
Old 4th December 2009, 19:56   #968
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Indeed Big B is a big fan of Landcruisers. He also had a Lexus LX470 which he referred to his all-time favorite car. I guess he's still having it. Well people I heard somewhere that he is trying to get a used Lamborghini LM002 in India out of the very few existing around the globe. Is it true? He also mentioned in ACI long back that the LM002 is his dream machine. Any idea mates?
Old 4th December 2009, 21:01   #969
BHPian

YES ,thats true he loves the LMOO2, very rare for an actor to love such a vehicle , its typical of the stars to like a cayenne,L cruisers. my favourite suv too, Infact requested the guys from lamborghini to produce those once again, it can do what cayenne did to porsches fortunes , they were ahead of times , the whole suv boom started in the mid 90s
Old 4th December 2009, 21:24   #970
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Yes true the LM002 would give Lamborghini a definite character. But its not as civilised as a Cayenne, instead its in the Hummer H1 territory. Huge, utilitarian and awesome off-roading capability. I seriously wish Lambo reconsiders its decision and launches the LM yet again.
Old 4th December 2009, 22:11   #971
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Indeed Big B is a big fan of Landcruisers. He also had a Lexus LX470 which he referred to his all-time favorite car. I guess he's still having it. Well people I heard somewhere that he is trying to get a used Lamborghini LM002 in India out of the very few existing around the globe. Is it true? He also mentioned in ACI long back that the LM002 is his dream machine. Any idea mates?

He still has the LX470, the LC made way for the new one.

No he is not trying to get it.The car is his all time favourite SUV and he would have imported one long back to India. The issue at that time was service backing for the car and the production stop by Lamborghini. It was not wise to bring it here. I believe he owns one in U.K. though.

If Lamborghini were to re invent the LM002 it would not be the same as the original but a cheap todays SUV just like the Hummers H2 and H3 when compared to the H1. The Charector of the car would be lost to modern designs.
Old 5th December 2009, 10:48   #972
BHPian

The LM002 in the flesh is mindblowing. It has so much presence and character that everyone just gets out its way. Seen two in Dubai. A Red and a Yellow. Phenomenal car. Does Mr. Bachchan have any other exotics in the UK? Ive never heard of him having a home or cars there. Thats cool.
Old 5th December 2009, 11:58   #973
Senior - BHPian

Just saw Sameera Reddy talking about and also driving a merc with 9009 number with the times now reporter.

It seems THE Vijay Mallya hiself taught her driving . To be honest she was driving the Merc very nicely ( read posture ) unlike the other women that we see on the roads with the seat pulled in front.
Old 5th December 2009, 12:52   #974
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEEM3R View Post
The LM002 in the flesh is mindblowing. It has so much presence and character that everyone just gets out its way. Seen two in Dubai. A Red and a Yellow. Phenomenal car. Does Mr. Bachchan have any other exotics in the UK? Ive never heard of him having a home or cars there. Thats cool.
Guys,

sorry for going OT. just wanted to clarify a doubt. Is this the car in discussion? I had seen this LAMBO SUV at GUMBALL event in London in 2006. The car was massive.There were 2 of these at the event. One was from England itself and another one was flown in from somewhere else.

The one from England was owned by an Indian family. Some Mr. Patel was driving it. its been 3 years so dont remember much.
Attached Thumbnails
Bollywood Stars and their Cars-dsc01774.jpg  

Last edited by h@r$h@l : 5th December 2009 at 12:53. Reason: spelling mistakes :)
Old 5th December 2009, 14:16   #975
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
Guys,
Is this the car in discussion? .
YES. Thats right. This is the SUV produced by Lamborghini

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks