BHPian

Saif Ali Khans new R8

Saif Ali Khan apparently got a new R8
Attached Thumbnails
Bollywood Stars and their Cars-1.jpg  

Bollywood Stars and their Cars-2.jpg  

Bollywood Stars and their Cars-3.jpg  

Bollywood Stars and their Cars-4.jpg  

Last edited by Rehaan : 7th May 2013 at 16:38. Reason: Please blank out plates: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/11364-rules-strictly-followed-while-posting-section.html
Tarz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2013, 08:41   #1877
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Bollywood Stars and their Cars

Saif's R8 is a used one that was owned by Audi India for testing and promos. He bought it 3 months ago when he featured for the facelift R8 launch for his movie Race2
Sahil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2013, 11:09   #1878
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarz View Post
Saif Ali Khan apparently got a new R8
No he has not bought the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Saif's R8 is a used one that was owned by Audi India for testing and promos. He bought it 3 months ago when he featured for the facelift R8 launch for his movie Race2
The car is still owned by Audi India and was there at the R drive last month on display and invitees had their pics taken against this very same car. Saif only used it for Race 2 promotion and has not bought the car. He would get the new R8 if he has too and not an old one and that too second hand.
speedy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2013, 11:20   #1879
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post

The car is still owned by Audi India and was there at the R drive last month on display and invitees had their pics taken against this very same car. Saif only used it for Race 2 promotion and has not bought the car. He would get the new R8 if he has too and not an old one and that too second hand.
Perhaps. I do not track supercar purchases and exchanges happening in the market but this was informed to me when my RS5 was being delivered. This car was there too and I was told that it now belongs to Saif. Yes in all possibility Saif would have bought a new and facelifted version if he had to but it is anyones guess what offer Audi might have made to him(A used R8 for the price of a A6?) .Audi is very proactive with their offers to bollywood stars, its a part of their marketing strategy hence they probably could have even given him this car free against him attending an Audi event. No point speculating on such things only internal Audi marketing heads would have accurate info.
Sahil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2013, 11:22   #1880
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No he has not bought the car.
I too have seen this car when it was with Audi, then it had temp plates.

Now its registered and the number happens to be Saif's year of birth. Coincidence? I doubt.
Scorcher is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2013, 12:05   #1881
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Perhaps. I do not track supercar purchases and exchanges happening in the market but this was informed to me when my RS5 was being delivered. This car was there too and I was told that it now belongs to Saif. Yes in all possibility Saif would have bought a new and facelifted version if he had to but it is anyones guess what offer Audi might have made to him(A used R8 for the price of a A6?) .Audi is very proactive with their offers to bollywood stars, its a part of their marketing strategy hence they probably could have even given him this car free against him attending an Audi event. No point speculating on such things only internal Audi marketing heads would have accurate info.
Audi is very proactive with celebrities and since Saif and the Race 2 team were invited for the Launch of the New R8 and to promote the movie as well. I was informed and also saw all the stars come in Audi's and Saif was driving the R8. The same thing was done by Mini when Saifs other movie with Dipika Pandukone and one other model turned actress was to be promoted, in that movie they drive a mini convertible. There were three mini's standing outside saifs house for him to choose which one he wanted to drive to the showroom in.
I am not speculating as my good friend stays bang opp saifs house and he would have seen the car in the building if it was with him. Audi would offer Saif or anyone else a very mouth watering deal but i dont think they would offer an old car and saif would rather take the new one. Last i had heard is Saif was looking at a totally different brand for a sportscar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
I too have seen this car when it was with Audi, then it had temp plates.

Now its registered and the number happens to be Saif's year of birth. Coincidence? I doubt.
I was with the car 3 weeks ago and have my pic with it too
Old 3rd May 2013, 12:47   #1882
Senior - BHPian

Guys sorry for the confusion. I just had a word with the Audi guys and they informed me that Saif has indeed bought the R8 Spyder. This is a different car than the one used at the R drive. The car belonged to Audi India and was an unused piece. Saif got a big discount as he did not want to wait for the new car to arrive.
speedy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2013, 20:05   #1883
BHPian

Ranbir Kapoor's G Wagon

Mid-Day carried an article talking about Ranbir's new G Wagon and had an associated picture. Not sure if its his or just a reference pic. But the funny thing is his listed "mean machines"

Ranbir’s mean machines
Range Rover sport
Audi G63 AMG
R8 Audi (sports car)

Link to the article
http://www.mid-day.com/entertainment...ental-ride.htm
Attached Thumbnails
Bollywood Stars and their Cars-mercedesbenz.jpg  

Last edited by Rehaan : 7th May 2013 at 16:37. Reason: Please blank out plates: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/11364-rules-strictly-followed-while-posting-section.html
Old 3rd May 2013, 20:37   #1884

Re: Ranbir Kapoor's G Wagon

Quote:
Guys sorry for the confusion. I just had a word with the Audi guys and they informed me that Saif has indeed bought the R8 Spyder. This is a different car than the one used at the R drive. The car belonged to Audi India and was an unused piece. Saif got a big discount as he did not want to wait for the new car to arrive.
Hahaha speedy, you just got trolled!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarz View Post
Mid-Day carried an article talking about Ranbir's new G Wagon and had an associated picture. Not sure if its his or just a reference pic. But the funny thing is his listed "mean machines"

Ranbir’s mean machines
Range Rover sport
Audi G63 AMG
R8 Audi (sports car)

Link to the article
http://www.mid-day.com/entertainment...ental-ride.htm
When will the journalists learn to focus on the accuracy of their reporting? How can they say audi G63 AMG?
kvats23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2013, 17:39   #1885
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Sonu Sood's Panamera
Bollywood Stars and their Cars-sonusood__597481.jpg

Bollywood Stars and their Cars-bipashabasu__593994.jpg
Aamir's Flying Spur
Bollywood Stars and their Cars-aamirkhan__597676.jpg
Tushar Kapoor's Hayabusa
Bollywood Stars and their Cars-tussharkapoor__597778.jpg

Bollywood Stars and their Cars-tussharkapoor__597788.jpg
Old 4th May 2013, 22:52   #1886
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Oh, is it, no wonder he doesn't seem to have any idea about the controls in the pic. Initially thought the heavily built guy was his bodyguard.
Btw, what about this - http://www.mid-day.com/entertainment...i-Hayabusa.htm

Last edited by Eddy : 4th May 2013 at 23:50. Reason: Quoted post has been deleted.
Old 5th May 2013, 09:56   #1887
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Oh, is it, no wonder he doesn't seem to have any idea about the controls in the pic. Initially thought the heavily built guy was his bodyguard.
Btw, what about this - http://www.mid-day.com/entertainment...i-Hayabusa.htm
I think the heavily built guy did a stint in a movie too. Isn't he the guy who portrayed Veera in Shootout at Wadala?
Old 8th May 2013, 13:47   #1888
BHPian

Just read, John Abraham gifted his director Sanjay Gupta,( of a recent movie which is a hit) a Yamaha Vmax super bike, picture appears in todays Mumbai Mirror.

The bike looks stunning and adds to Sanjay Guptas super bike collection.
Old 8th May 2013, 14:30   #1889
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSAM View Post
Just read, John Abraham gifted his director Sanjay Gupta,( of a recent movie which is a hit) a Yamaha Vmax super bike, picture appears in todays Mumbai Mirror.

The bike looks stunning and adds to Sanjay Guptas super bike collection.
Sanjay Gupta i believe has only one bike (Triumph Rocket) and i am not even sure if it is there with him yet or sold.

The VMax showed in Mumbai Mirror is Johns own bike that was given to him by Yamaha as he is their Brand Ambassador. If he is giving the same bike then it was a gift that he is gifting off and i guess he would get a new bike for himself.
Old 8th May 2013, 14:49   #1890
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSAM View Post
Quote:
If he is giving the same bike then it was a gift that he is gifting off and i guess he would get a new bike for himself.
I guess he indeed did gift off the V-Max.

His Facebook update the last day went,
Attached Thumbnails
Bollywood Stars and their Cars-ja.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks