Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2013, 20:27   #1951
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bollywood Stars and their Cars

John Abraham's LP 550-2.
http://www.autocarindia.com/Feature/...he-bull.aspx/1

Last edited by PPS : 19th July 2013 at 20:37.
Old 26th July 2013, 23:48   #1952
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Shahid Kapoor's all new GL 350cdi

Bollywood Stars and their Cars-shahidkapur__620861.jpg

Bollywood Stars and their Cars-shahidileanasnappedatmehboob_620858.jpg
Sonakshi Sinha's 5GT. Good choice of wheels.
Bollywood Stars and their Cars-sonakshisinha__612438.jpg

Bollywood Stars and their Cars-sonakshisinha__614395.jpg
PPS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2013, 20:55   #1953
PPS
Senior - BHPian

SRK's 7, Salman's S & Deepika's A8L.
Bollywood Stars and their Cars-salmansrkdhonisnappedatmehboobstudios_627401.jpg

Bollywood Stars and their Cars-salmankhan_salmankhan__627376.jpg

Bollywood Stars and their Cars-amitabhbachchan__629026.jpg

Bollywood Stars and their Cars-amitabhbachchan_abhishekbachchan__629107.jpg
Imran Khan's New Cayenne.
Bollywood Stars and their Cars-imrankhan__629445.jpg

Bollywood Stars and their Cars-deepikapadukone__628289.jpg

Bollywood Stars and their Cars-johnabraham__625852.jpg
source:bollywoodmantra
PPS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th August 2013, 21:25   #1954
A.K
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
SRK's 7, Salman's S & Deepika's A8L.

Imran Khan's New Cayenne.

source:bollywoodmantra
Wow! That seems like a Cayenne GTS going by the paint and rims.
Old 16th August 2013, 11:09   #1955
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.K View Post
Wow! That seems like a Cayenne GTS going by the paint and rims.
Yes it is the Cayenne GTS and its a fully loaded car with one of the best interior options. The car was brought down by Porsche India and showcased at the Autocar Performance show held in Bombay.
Old 16th August 2013, 11:15   #1956
A.K
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post

Yes it is the Cayenne GTS and its a fully loaded car with one of the best interior options. The car was brought down by Porsche India and showcased at the Autocar Performance show held in Bombay.
It happens to be one of the three facelifted Cayenne GTS's in the country.
Man, this guy has a taste in cars! His Cali looks hot!
Old 16th August 2013, 11:38   #1957
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Man, this guy has a taste in cars! His Cali looks hot!
I believe so, The other red GTS belongs to my friend and thats pretty well loaded too, different alloys though.

I have met him and from what i gathered, he is not much of a car person. He likes to be different and since this was the first GTS i guess he took it. His Cali could have looked better if it was specced right and from what i have heard the actor never specced it, but someone from the dealership did. His only input for the car was red with cream beige interiors as he had seen a car abroad on one of his shoots.
Old 16th August 2013, 11:49   #1958
A.K
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I believe so, The other red GTS belongs to my friend and thats pretty well loaded too, different alloys though.

I have met him and from what i gathered, he is not much of a car person. He likes to be different and since this was the first GTS i guess he took it. His Cali could have looked better if it was specced right and from what i have heard the actor never specced it, but someone from the dealership did. His only input for the car was red with cream beige interiors as he had seen a car abroad on one of his shoots.
Doesn't the dealer spec all the cars here in India unless asked not to do so by the owner?
I remember the Red Bicolor Cali from Gurgoan which was specc'd by the owner himself but he got a totally different interior and was forced to take the car with black interior against the red he ordered.
Old 16th August 2013, 12:36   #1959
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I don't think so, and how can you be so sure?. There are examples in Delhi and Calcutta as well, and I'm sure there must be more in the country.
Old 16th August 2013, 12:50   #1960
A.K
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyAn! View Post

I don't think so, and how can you be so sure?. There are examples in Delhi and Calcutta as well, and I'm sure there must be more in the country.
There are, but rest of them are showroom cars. Even Bangalore has one. What I meant is this is one of the 3-4 customer cars.
Old 16th August 2013, 12:54   #1961
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
There are older gen examples in the country but these are 3 AFAIK
Old 16th August 2013, 13:01   #1962
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

If this is the new generation Cayanne we are speaking off then it is not Imran's car. He has the previous generation Cayanne(facelifted) in brown color. The only other brown GTS that I have seen similar to his also belongs to a friend who is a hotelier.

Imran is a car person most defiantly maybe not as much as he is a gadget freak. He is very particular about the latest technology so he def wouldn't leave the specifications to the dealership to handle solely.
He only choose the California over the F458 because it was convertible(the 458spyder was not out when he order his Cali) and shorter wait time. The dealership already had one in the pipeline which made things quicker for him hence maybe the dealer is claiming they speced his car?

Although I will tell you one surprising bit, he does not run his Cali on 97octane!! Obviously not because of the cost, if pumps in bandra west stocked it he probably would. He isn't fully aware of the amount of difference it would have in power.
Old 16th August 2013, 13:02   #1963
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Doesn't the dealer spec all the cars here in India unless asked not to do so by the owner?
I remember the Red Bicolor Cali from Gurgoan which was specc'd by the owner himself but he got a totally different interior and was forced to take the car with black interior against the red he ordered.
No sir. If an owner is not specific on what he wants and a dealer has a few cars in Stock then they push those forward. In a case where someone wants a car and a specific color that is not in stock then the owner is asked to configure the car, only if the owner informs the dealer he does not want to then the minimum loading on the car is put and specced by the dealership.

This is a common thing with the dealership, they would have told the owner a whole new car has to be ordered and that would be another 4 months wait and if the price rises the has to bear the cost. The current car would have to be sold first and then that money would be used as his payment for the new car as this car was specifically ordered for him. So instead of loosing money and waiting the owner would have had no choice but to accept the car with the flaw. There are many examples like this and worse not only for Ferrari, Masratti and Ducati but also when the dealer had Porsche and Audi.

Quote:
I guess alot more focus has shifted from the petrol Cayennes to the Diesel ones as they are more practical. The cayenne S diesel also has turned people from petrol to diesel with the 385 bhp, 850 nm torque V8 heart.

@ Sahil i know he has/had the Brown Cayene have seen it a couple of times in the building, but n rule says you cant replace a car .
I met him a couple of times and each time some new gizmo was with him, but as for the cars he did not come out as a car person, hence what i said. Now if a car is already in the pipeline it has been specced and i dont think its wrong on the part of the dealership to claim they have specced it as its true. A person gets a certain time to make changes to the order and then after the time elapses no change can be made.

I heard the shell pump in bandra stocks 97 and then BKC or Worli Naka pumps stock 97 too. Many of my friends from Bandra use the BKC and Worli Naka pumps for fuel and i dont think thats too much travel for him to fill the car with proper fuel. Thedown side of useing 93 octane is if he floors it he will get knocking but if he drives it peacefully you wont be able to tell the difference. Lamborghini says use 93 octane its ok.

Last edited by speedy : 16th August 2013 at 13:18.
speedy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2013, 14:27   #1964
A.K
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I heard the shell pump in bandra stocks 97 and then BKC or Worli Naka pumps stock 97 too. Many of my friends from Bandra use the BKC and Worli Naka pumps for fuel and i dont think thats too much travel for him to fill the car with proper fuel. Thedown side of useing 93 octane is if he floors it he will get knocking but if he drives it peacefully you wont be able to tell the difference. Lamborghini says use 93 octane its ok.
Doesnt that affect the engine? Coz once when I asked a guy at Porsche about this, he said if one is using fuel other than 97, one has to use the fuel additives provided by the manufacturer.
Old 16th August 2013, 14:56   #1965
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Doesnt that affect the engine? Coz once when I asked a guy at Porsche about this, he said if one is using fuel other than 97, one has to use the fuel additives provided by the manufacturer.
It does affect performance but does not do so much damage as to destroy your engine. The dealerships ask to use recommended fuels that is mentioned in the fuel tank cap. If you detune a car then 93 octane is also fine but you cannot go filling unleaded fuel in these cars. Guys in Gujrat use 93 octane in their cars as they dont get 97 there. In my Audi i fill 97 octane while another friend fills 93 octane. There is a power difference between both cars but negligible to the normal person.
speedy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks