Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2013, 16:41   #1966
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Bollywood Stars and their Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
@ Sahil i know he has/had the Brown Cayene have seen it a couple of times in the building, but n rule says you cant replace a car .

I heard the shell pump in bandra stocks 97 and then BKC or Worli Naka pumps stock 97 too. Many of my friends from Bandra use the BKC and Worli Naka pumps for fuel and i dont think thats too much travel for him to fill the car with proper fuel. Thedown side of useing 93 octane is if he floors it he will get knocking but if he drives it peacefully you wont be able to tell the difference. Lamborghini says use 93 octane its ok.
Speedy, I am talking based on my visit to his place a few weekends ago, there was no new Cayanne GTS nor did he mention it. Hence I am pretty sure nothing new has come in, will check when I am over next.

The bandra shell pump does not stock 97 octane. I fill octane 97 from the BKC pump only as no pump in bandra west has it.
Old 16th August 2013, 20:32   #1967
A.K
Senior - BHPian

Here is a picture of John Abraham's LP550-2 from an unknown source.

PS- Is that how these guys from various FB pages click photos? Standing in front of the cars? Must be really annoying the drivers.
Attached Thumbnails
Bollywood Stars and their Cars-1175716_709900409025569_836416560_n.jpg  

A.K is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2013, 23:01   #1968
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes it is the Cayenne GTS and its a fully loaded car with one of the best interior options. The car was brought down by Porsche India and showcased at the Autocar Performance show held in Bombay.
Did he buy the same dealership car which was tested by various mags/press? Or is this a different car altogether?
Bollywood Stars and their Cars-porschecayennegts51120px.jpg
source:overdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
He has the previous generation Cayanne(facelifted) in brown color. The only other brown GTS that I have seen similar to his also belongs to a friend who is a hotelier.
The brown was a Cayenne S & not a GTS. Some pics posted earlier in the thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-...ml#post2675342
Old 17th August 2013, 01:57   #1969
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post

The brown was a Cayenne S & not a GTS. Some pics posted earlier in the thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-...ml#post2675342
Yes Imran's is a CayanneS and the other brown one is a GTS. Imran bought his after seeing the brown GTS but could only get hold of a CayanneS at the time in that color.
The GTS brown has been switched to regular CayanneS alloy wheels. The multispokes are out as the car is only chauffeur driven hence comfort was given priority over looks.
The interior of the GTS are superb though, loads of tan suede leather all over the roof, center of the seats and door pads.
This car will be replaced early next year, perhaps with an XJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.K View Post
Here is a picture of John Abraham's LP550-2 from an unknown source.

PS- Is that how these guys from various FB pages click photos? Standing in front of the cars? Must be really annoying the drivers.
Some of these guys are nice enough to stand back and click away however it does get annoying at times as I once had a guy jump in front of my car at the traffic light while the signal had turned green, Cars honking away by I was unable to move. Such instinences are uncalled for.

Last edited by Sahil : 17th August 2013 at 02:02.
Sahil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2013, 10:24   #1970
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Speedy, I am talking based on my visit to his place a few weekends ago, there was no new Cayanne GTS nor did he mention it. Hence I am pretty sure nothing new has come in, will check when I am over next.

The bandra shell pump does not stock 97 octane. I fill octane 97 from the BKC pump only as no pump in bandra west has it.
Then you would know better.

last night crossing linking road i did see the Bharat Petroleum Pump opposite Amarsons carry 97 octane.
Old 17th August 2013, 12:38   #1971
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Then you would know better.

last night crossing linking road i did see the Bharat Petroleum Pump opposite Amarsons carry 97 octane.

They always have it written but every time I've asked it's out of stock or they say we discontinued it. This pump is not company owned hence I would avoid it. The BKC one is company owned and almost always has 97octane in stock. Over the past 7 months it was only once that they had the fuel out of stock for 3-4 days.
Old 18th August 2013, 15:11   #1972
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If this is the new generation Cayanne we are speaking off then it is not Imran's car. He has the previous generation Cayanne(facelifted) in brown color.
He seems to have bought the same demo car going by the number plate.

http://overdrive.in/reviews/2013-por...a-road-test-2/

Bollywood Stars and their Cars-imrankhan__630906.jpg
Old 18th August 2013, 15:16   #1973
A.K
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

That is exactly what Speedy said a few posts back. Its the same demo car which was at APS this year.

Imran's expression is hillarious
Old 20th August 2013, 16:48   #1974
A.K
Senior - BHPian

Going by his Instagram post, I suppose John crashed his R1. Or does he have anyother 1000cc motorcycle?

Link:
http://instagram.com/p/dOHez3FYJq/
Old 20th August 2013, 19:30   #1975
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Attachment 1126384
The owner of the dealership seems to like the number 3 quite a lot, as you can see from some of the other demo cars. So it doesn't mean Imrans bought it or anything.
Old 20th August 2013, 19:44   #1976
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.K View Post
Going by his Instagram post, I suppose John crashed his R1. Or does he have anyother 1000cc motorcycle?

Link:
http://instagram.com/p/dOHez3FYJq/
John had a crash on his R1 a couple of years back. I think the bike was repaired to its original glory but I am not very sure. I think he got the R1 as he was the brand ambassador for Yamaha. I think he still is. Other than the R1 John has a Hayabusa gifted to him by Bipasha after Dhoom. He also has a Vmax. These are the only ones that I am aware of. He also has a custom made Chopper made by Rajputana motorcycles for him which is based on a Enfield.
Old 20th August 2013, 20:37   #1977
A.K
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra View Post

John had a crash on his R1 a couple of years back. I think the bike was repaired to its original glory but I am not very sure. I think he got the R1 as he was the brand ambassador for Yamaha. I think he still is. Other than the R1 John has a Hayabusa gifted to him by Bipasha after Dhoom. He also has a Vmax. These are the only ones that I am aware of. He also has a custom made Chopper made by Rajputana motorcycles for him which is based on a Enfield.
AFAIK John got his first R1 after giving away his VMax to a director. :/
Old 20th August 2013, 21:00   #1978
Senior - BHPian

John had a Screamer R1 before the V-Max which he wrecked and injured someone, I don't think he has one now. He replaced the V-Max with a Gixxer, I think.
Attached Thumbnails
Bollywood Stars and their Cars-johnabrahamwithhisnewaudiq79.jpg  

Bollywood Stars and their Cars-big_my_bikes_my_babies_says_john_abraham95b89e07b431211dcb47b2190677ce06.jpg  

Old 20th August 2013, 21:24   #1979
BHPian

I might be wrong but I guess he still has the Vmax. As one of his recent movies had that bike and he took his own bike to probably UK for shooting a song or something. I think I saw one of his interviews where he mentioned this. But his movie was more than atleast 6 months back.
Old 20th August 2013, 22:43   #1980
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra View Post
I might be wrong but I guess he still has the Vmax.
He gifted his own V-Max to Director Sanjay Gupta. Here's the post -- http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-...ml#post3116219
Not sure if he replaced it with Gixxer or not. Folks at Yamaha won't be happy seeing him posing with the Suzuki Gixxer!

Most Viewed