Fullrevs is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th July 2016, 15:08   #2522
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bollywood Stars and their Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullrevs View Post
Saif Ali Khan and his S350.
Source:Yahoo
I can see his old Mustang in the background which got sold a while back. I think the pic is old one!
Ace F355 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2016, 15:44   #2523
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullrevs View Post
Saif Ali Khan and his S350.
Source:Yahoo
Is that his Mustang and Santa Fe in the background?
Old 4th July 2016, 16:15   #2524
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by YashD View Post
Is that his Mustang and Santa Fe in the background?
FYI - The Santa Fe could belong to a neighbor too. Doesn't have to be his since he lives in an apartment complex. The other car is indeed his Mustang.
Axe77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2016, 12:23   #2525
BHPian

Zareen Khan and her Q7
Bollywood Stars and their Cars-zareen.jpg

Alia Bhatt's Q7 & Sid Malhotra's ML250 CDi
Bollywood Stars and their Cars-alia-sid.jpg

Sony Sood's another Q7
Bollywood Stars and their Cars-sonu.jpg

Vivek Oberoi's GLS
Bollywood Stars and their Cars-vivek.jpg

Hrithik Roshan and his new RR Ghost
Bollywood Stars and their Cars-hrithik.jpg
Merce320 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 11th July 2016, 18:13   #2526
Distinguished - BHPian

Still fail to comprehend how flop actors like Vivek Oberoi and Zarine Khan can afford such expensive rides. It really beats me.
drmohitg is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th July 2016, 19:34   #2527
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Still fail to comprehend how flop actors like Vivek Oberoi and Zarine Khan can afford such expensive rides. It really beats me.

Good investment consultants and black money is the key to this. Also we dont know the family back-ground (Zarine Khan). If you really see many people here in Pune and the cars they own, you would start understanding.
KaandBaaz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2016, 19:40   #2528
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I don't think an eighty lakh car would be an 'expensive' one for a bollywood celebrity. Even though they aren't big stars they would be earning enough to buy these cars. Vivek Oberoi was stuck with his old ML350 for almost 8 years before he upgraded to the GLS.
Old 13th July 2016, 16:54   #2529
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Suresh Oberoi did decently well for himself. I remember Vivek had a Mahindra Classic in 1997. His Mom is from a royal family or something. Vivek himself has had a couple of hits.

I believe Zarine Khan is self made. She's not from a wealthy background. Guess the handful of films & modelling stints paid off.

In the film line, you just have to have a luxury car. Can't be roaming around in a Hyundai i20 while the actress you're fighting for the role with comes in an Audi A6. Image & persona are everything in Bollywood.
GTO is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 13th July 2016, 17:37   #2530
Team-BHP Support

Just like how we consider EDUCATION as an investment (rather than an expense), I guess people in the entertainment industry need to consider certain expenditure as "investment" for advancement of their career. Examples:

1) Cars
2) Clothes
3) Shoes
4) Gym/Beauty Salon memberships

Also, hosting a party or attending a Party is also part of "work" - since it involves networking with directors, producers, TV executives, movie house executives etc. And I guess the ride you arrive in makes some difference.

Looking at many examples of mini-stars (who has paid huge amounts) in the entertainment industry ending up with financial trouble, one can safely say that most of these people are not very good with managing their money.

Last edited by SmartCat : 13th July 2016 at 17:39.
SmartCat is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 13th July 2016, 18:45   #2531
A.K
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

In the film line, you just have to have a luxury car. Can't be roaming around in a Hyundai i20 while the actress you're fighting for the role with comes in an Audi A6. Image & persona are everything in Bollywood.

To add to that, I remember reading in the newspapers that Vivek's manager sent a text to the media shutterbugs saying that "Vivek Oberoi takes delivery of new car at 6.30pm today at Mehboob Studio" or something like that.
Couldn't help but find this an utterly desperate move for publicity. Is this a common practice for celebs to call paparazzi to click their relatively mundane new rides?
A.K is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2016, 18:50   #2532
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.K View Post
To add to that, I remember reading in the newspapers that Vivek's manager sent a text to the media shutterbugs saying that "Vivek Oberoi takes delivery of new car at 6.30pm today at Mehboob Studio" or something like that.
Couldn't help but find this an utterly desperate move for publicity. Is this a common practice for celebs to call paparazzi to click their relatively mundane new rides?
Well you know what they say - Any publicity is good publicity!
Old 13th July 2016, 21:41   #2533
BHPian

Quote:
Suresh Oberoi did decently well for himself. I remember Vivek had a Mahindra Classic in 1997. His Mom is from a royal family or something. Vivek himself has had a couple of hits.
Vivek has done quite well in fact and has made very good investments if I remember reading an article correctly. Also, I respect the fact that he is very charitable and has numerous causes that he supports and most of which are not reported.

Quote:
Bang on - I used to know someone who went from an Alto to a Superb to a GL in less than 1 year! All this because he bagged a leading role in a TV series. When I asked him he responded by saying that he needs to look like an actor in a leading role "yaar"!

At the other end of the spectrum, I also know someone who got a good role and bought a new Q5. He lost the role in 6 months and next year didn't have the money to pay insurance for the car!
avdhesh15 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th July 2016, 23:52   #2534
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avdhesh15 View Post
Vivek has done quite well in fact and has made very good investments if I remember reading an article correctly. Also, I respect the fact that he is very charitable and has numerous causes that he supports and most of which are not reported.

Bang on - I used to know someone who went from an Alto to a Superb to a GL in less than 1 year! All this because he bagged a leading role in a TV series. When I asked him he responded by saying that he needs to look like an actor in a leading role "yaar"!

At the other end of the spectrum, I also know someone who got a good role and bought a new Q5. He lost the role in 6 months and next year didn't have the money to pay insurance for the car!
Contrarily, some of the stars of yore retrograded their likes to mundane from the flamboyant.
Raj Kapoor's first car was an Oldsmobile 98 Convertible of 1948, which is shown in his directorial debut "Barsaat" (1949).

Bollywood Stars and their Cars-1948oldsmobile_98_futuramiccab.jpg

(a similar model seen in the picture above. RK's Barsaat car was parked in the RK Studious, Chembur for a long , long time)

He owned quite a few flashy cars during his career, mostly American made ones. But in the early 1980's, he felt that every Tom, Dick and Harry in Bollywood was owning a Mercedes (any model) to flaunt their status. This is when during the fag end of his career, he switched over to Ambassadors. His last owned white Ambassador was a Mark 4 (regn no. MAM 344).Just coincidence it was, as the registration series was MAM and Raj Kapoor was out and out a ladies man.

Dev Anand on the other hand started out with a black Hillman Minx and upgraded to an olive green Triumph convertible.

Bollywood Stars and their Cars-dev_anand_green_triumph-1.jpg

(pic rushlane.com)

He owned flashy cars during his times, apart from Fiats , but in the 1980's switched over to Premier Padminis. Doing most of the driving himself, his reason was something different. In an interview he had said that he hates to be spotted and mobbed in traffic. With a Padmini, he could move anonymously without being easily detected.

Similarly, Satyajit Ray's was extremely fond of Ambassadors. His films have shown many and the strange fact was that to install his camera , he used to remove the rear bootlid for a wide view. He many a time handled the camera.

Bollywood Stars and their Cars-satyajit-ray.jpg

(tumblr.com photo)

But today the scenario is different. One has to show that he or she has arrived.

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 13th July 2016 at 23:55.
anjan_c2007 is online now   (13) Thanks
Old 14th July 2016, 00:45   #2535
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace F355 View Post
IIRC comedian Bharti Singh owns GL350!

Surprising but true!
Bharti Singh is probably one of the biggest faces of Indian TV today (pun un-intended) and is therefore probably very well paid too. I mean, how many ladies would dare to feel up Salman and SRK, and then have them in splits as she makes fun of them.

I would not be surprised if she showed up in a Hummer tomorrow
samaspire is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed