Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2016, 09:22   #2536
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bollywood Stars and their Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Shah Rukh Khan has bought a BMW i8 for himself.
He hasn't bought the car.

OT: He is the only film personality I follow on Twitter. His tweets can be very very witty at times. During his most recent Q&A session on twitter somebody trying to make fun of him asked the collections of one of his recent films in planet Pluto, and he responded back by saying
if the person wants to check first if Pluto is a planet any longer. At the same time can't understand how he ends up selecting the most senseless of movies to enact in.
Attached Images

Last edited by rrsteer : 14th July 2016 at 09:29.
rrsteer is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th July 2016, 09:50   #2537
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by avdhesh15 View Post
At the other end of the spectrum, I also know someone who got a good role and bought a new Q5. He lost the role in 6 months and next year didn't have the money to pay insurance for the car!
That's sad. Why don't these guys get cars that are cheap, but still have 'image'. E.g.

An upcoming actor in a modded Mahindra Thar (like John Abraham in his early days with a Mahindra Classic / Maruti Gypsy). Cost = 10 lakhs + 2 for modifications. Image = plentiful.

An upcoming actress in a used Mini Cooper. Cost = under 20 lakhs. Image = plentiful.

These are just two examples; there are plenty others (pre-owned Fortuner, C-Class, Pajero etc.) under 20 lakhs.

Maybe the heroes should come to Team-BHP for car advice .
GTO is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 14th July 2016, 10:10   #2538
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
That's sad. Why don't these guys get cars that are cheap, but still have 'image'. E.g.

An upcoming actor in a modded Mahindra Thar (like John Abraham in his early days with a Mahindra Classic / Maruti Gypsy). Cost = 10 lakhs + 2 for modifications. Image = plentiful.

An upcoming actress in a used Mini Cooper. Cost = under 20 lakhs. Image = plentiful.

These are just two examples; there are plenty others (pre-owned Fortuner, C-Class, Pajero etc.) under 20 lakhs.

A guy like John, who possibly knows about his cars and bikes, would understand the meaning of Thar and infact he used it to enhance his image.

For others it would be a blasphemy if they arrive in an open Jeep ( the general term used for these cars).

And arriving in a hatchback, Mini or otherwise, could be again criminal for someone who doesn't understand cars. For them size and those three symbols that they probably recognize are all that matters, namely Mercedes, Audi and BMW.

Lastly pre-owned for an Actor who wants to add to his image? ! That won't just work na.
drmohitg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th July 2016, 10:59   #2539
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Two professions where I personally see people sending irrationally on "car image" are bollywood actors/actresses/aspirers and the other are real estate brokers. They might be rolling in debt but yet will roll up in an marquee German car to show the world "All is well"
Sahil is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 14th July 2016, 11:03   #2540
Senior - BHPian

I don't think John bought the Gypsy just for the 'image' thing. He already had the Q7 and some superbikes at that time. Moreover, he always had the biker guy image too.

Btw, does he still have the Gypsy with him. And what's the current state of his garage. Any new additions after the Gallardo left?
Old 14th July 2016, 15:33   #2541
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I think for them buying a used car means not being able to afford a new one and of course they need that VIP number, right?
Old 23rd July 2016, 22:45   #2542
BHPian

Not a bollywood star yet a well known face from Kapil Sharma show, Chandan Prabhakar's new BMW 3 Series.

Bollywood Stars and their Cars-12348111_10207983267522499_3380118571522215753_n.jpg

Bollywood Stars and their Cars-cwfiic8wcaaez7z.jpg
Somu2009 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th July 2016, 09:11   #2543
Senior - BHPian

Well congratulations to him. Though he is one of the worst on the show with no comic timing or delivery I guess the show popularity is doing wonders for its star cast.
I heard somewhere that Kapil sharma has the new S class. Not sure.
Old 24th July 2016, 13:49   #2544
BHPian

Quote:

I know few examples of actress went from an alto to corolla CNGed it for economy and recently bought around 6-7 yr old CR-V (again CNG) just for image purpose.

Last edited by SDP : 25th July 2016 at 14:06. Reason: Fixed quote tag
sankdeshmukh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th July 2016, 13:52   #2545
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigron View Post
Well congratulations to him. Though he is one of the worst on the show with no comic timing or delivery I guess the show popularity is doing wonders for its star cast.
I heard somewhere that Kapil sharma has the new S class. Not sure.
Kapil Sharma does have the new S-Class. Pictures below:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-...-cars-166.html
Fullrevs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2016, 17:56   #2546
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Sunjubaba's birthday today and he got a Q7. Gift from his wife with a number-plate reading...you guessed it, 4545.

Source

Quote:
Originally Posted by sankdeshmukh View Post
I know few examples of actress went from an alto to corolla CNGed it for economy and recently bought around 6-7 yr old CR-V (again CNG) just for image purpose.
My kind of gal. Name?
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th July 2016, 18:20   #2547
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Sunjubaba's birthday today and he got a Q7. Gift from his wife with a number-plate reading...you guessed it, 4545.
Good to see tables have turned. Few years ago he gifted his wife a white RR ghost.

He had one of the best car collection in Bollywood in the early 2000s. Yet remember his black w221 S-class with huge 20 or 22inch spinners! That was certainly a first of it's kind in India. And one can't forget his Ferrari 599 GTB that sadly had to be sold off after he went to jail.

I hope he gets back into work mode more and splurges on his car fetishes.
Sahil is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th July 2016, 18:47   #2548
Team-BHP Support

Q7 again? I guess Q7 is to them what Innova is to us - a people mover.
SmartCat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2016, 18:17   #2549
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Jacqueline's Range Rover Vogue.

Bollywood Stars and their Cars-jacquelinefernandes__970997.jpg

Bollywood Stars and their Cars-jacquelinefernandes__946838.jpg

Malaika Arora driving an Innova!
Bollywood Stars and their Cars-malaikaarorakhan__844247m.jpg

Bollywood Stars and their Cars-malaikaarorakhan__844244.jpg

Bollywood Stars and their Cars-malaikaarorakhan__844245.jpg
PPS is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 18th August 2016, 22:26   #2550
A.K
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Jacqueline's Range Rover Vogue

That Rangie looks like it has a body kit on it. Any idea?

Last edited by mobike008 : 22nd August 2016 at 15:01. Reason: excluded the incorrect image tags

Most Viewed