Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2017, 10:06   #2596
Team-BHP Support

Re: Bollywood Stars and their Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by fre2bpowerless View Post
Odd considering he is from Sikkim, thoughts?
I think the idea is an out of state car can't be used endlessly (perhaps 6 months is the limit not sure). If you're permanently residing and using it here, then you need to pay road tax here.

How they established the car is here for beyond the stipulated time I'm not sure.
Axe77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2017, 22:12   #2597
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Shah Rukh's 6 series convertible.

Sohail Khan's Ducati Monster.
Bollywood Stars and their Cars-21_02_2017_002_038_003.jpg
Source: Mumbai Mirror
PPS is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2017, 10:46   #2598
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Shah Rukh's 6 series convertible.
Idiot. After all the dangers we know of having your neck outside the car frame, this guy has his toddler held up by hand. That too, in a convertible. Terribly irresponsible.
libranof1987 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th February 2017, 13:22   #2599
R.D

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Idiot. After all the dangers we know of having your neck outside the car frame, this guy has his toddler held up by hand. That too, in a convertible. Terribly irresponsible.
I feel you're just saying this because its SRK. Dont you think he has his son's well being in mind? He's driving slow and has someone looking after his son.

Last edited by GTO : 25th February 2017 at 10:04. Reason: Poorly typed post
R.D is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 24th February 2017, 13:36   #2600
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.D View Post
I feel you're just saying this because its SRK. Dont you think he has his son's well being in mind? He's driving slow and has someone looking after his son.
You remember reading how some kids neck got cut by kite flying wire a few months ago, when the parents let the child stand out of the sunroof? It matters more so if its SRK, because people tend to copy what people like him do.

Last edited by GTO : 25th February 2017 at 10:05. Reason: Quoted post edited
Akshay1234 is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 24th February 2017, 13:52   #2601
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Nope, this is not personal.

A kid got his neck cut by a kite thread; surely, his parents also had his well being in mind, while he was propped up from the sunroof.

What's worse is how social media is all about how cute SRK's kid is; not about how he has put the kid's safety in danger.

Last edited by GTO : 25th February 2017 at 10:05. Reason: Quoted post edited
libranof1987 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th February 2017, 14:30   #2602
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What's worse is how social media is all about how cute SRK's kid is; not about how he has put the kid's safety in danger.
A write-up regarding the same by ndtv.

http://auto.ndtv.com/news/srk-s-conv...us-too-1661908
Old 24th February 2017, 14:33   #2603
BHPian

Quote:
I see him holding on to the cars frame.. not a kite )
In the incident mentioned by libranof1987 & Akshay1234, the kids did not fly kite, but the thread (known as manja) slit their throat and killed them, there were 2 incidencts reported IIRC

So what King Khan was doing is wrong, people look up to celebrities and they should be more responsible

Quote:
people were doing this before SRK was around and will be doing it after he and all of us are gone too
That doesn't mean whats done is right

Last edited by Karthik Chandra : 24th February 2017 at 14:36.
Old 24th February 2017, 15:45   #2604
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If a Kite Manja thread can slit a child's neck held outside of Carframe, then, it can slit the neck even when the neck is within the car frame (of a convertible car without TOP). So, this means, having a Car without Top cover itself is dangerous.

If this is allowed legally, I do not see anything wrong with SRK driving or his child standing.

But still, I see a very bad driver in this video. The one who has taken the video on a bike. Did anyone notice how badly he has driven to shoot the video on a bike ? Sometimes, he goes out completely other side of the road and such a rash driving ! That too continuously with single hand on bike and another busy in shooting SRK !

This bike driving seemed intolerable to me.

Last edited by gkveda : 24th February 2017 at 15:49.
Old 24th February 2017, 16:07   #2605
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkveda View Post
If this is allowed legally, I do not see anything wrong with SRK driving or his child standing.
You sir for sure I hope are not serious!! No one is targeting just because he is SRK or whoever. Yes common people still did, are doing and continue to do the same and same people are called as stupid in the same forum and go in bad drivers thread. So why not this incident.

Mods sorry for the
TorqueyTechie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th February 2017, 19:07   #2606
Team-BHP Support

I saw a Mercedes recently in heavy expressway traffic (long weekend heavy raffia) ripping pretty fast weaving through the lanes with the child's head sticking out of the sun roof. I honestly wanted to stop and give him a good piece of my mind.
Axe77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2017, 19:15   #2607
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
How is it allowed legally? Are 3 people allowed in the front seats when there are only 2 seats? Doesn't everyone in front have to wear a seatbelt? Is a child allowed to stand on the armrest to put his head out of the sunroof or out of a convertible?

The fact is SRK can influence his fans majorly. And many less educated (or even well educated) people tend to copy his 'style'.
Akshay1234 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th February 2017, 19:39   #2608
BHPian

Quote:
If a Kite Manja thread can slit a child's neck held outside of Carframe, then, it can slit the neck even when the neck is within the car frame (of a convertible car without TOP). So, this means, having a Car without Top cover itself is dangerous.
Sorry mate, but I couldn't help but laugh out loud. In a 'topless car', there is still a windshield in the front that extends well above the headrest of the seats.

What SRK did was plain stupid. It is as good as riding a superbike without a helment/protective gear...
Attached Images

Last edited by shifu : 24th February 2017 at 20:01.
shifu is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 27th February 2017, 09:24   #2609
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post
Sorry mate, but I couldn't help but laugh out loud. In a 'topless car', there is still a windshield in the front that extends well above the headrest of the seats.

What SRK did was plain stupid. It is as good as riding a superbike without a helment/protective gear...
Thanks for the picture. I think my point which I wanted to highlight got somehow missed out.

Let me ask another question, what is the protection for bike riders from these Manja threads and kites?

Is Bike riding also not similar to a person in front seat standing in the car. Is there any difference? So, does the argument mean that bike reading should be avoided on Roads?

I know, many people (including me) are against the driving child poking his head outside the Car. Definitely, this is very risky. However, my point is not against this.

The point that I am trying to highlight is analogous to this.

1. If a person crossing negligently on a highway dies in an accident due to some mishap, we try to put road humps on Highways and reduce the vehicle speed at that point rather than putting barricades to avoid people from crossing roads on highways.

2. If a person is smoking in public zone, if we cannot tolerate the smoking, we try to avoid moving away from the person and smoke rather than asking him to stop smoking in public zone.

IMHO We should fight against the kite and manja business and get them rid off.
Old 27th February 2017, 10:05   #2610
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

IMHO We should fight against the kite and manja business and get them rid off.
Ok.
But in the meantime, please use the safety measures available. Bikers cannot; but a convertible/Car with sunroof driver should not discard the means available, ie, the car, to be as at danger as a biker. That level of empathy is idiotic, yeah?
mayankk is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks