Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2017, 00:17   #2656
BHPian

Re: Bollywood Stars and their Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by carheadbanger View Post
It is very sad and yet funny to see that she bought a 'sports car' just to sit in the back seat. She must have got it in a lucrative deal.
You bet! The deal was so lucrative, anyone would have taken it. From what I heard, she got the car for less than the price of a new Hyundai Elite i20
amansanc is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th June 2017, 13:49   #2657
A.K
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amansanc View Post
You bet! The deal was so lucrative, anyone would have taken it. From what I heard, she got the car for less than the price of a new Hyundai Elite i20
Did I read that right?
A 63 lac rupee car sold for less than 10 lac?! Damn that must be one mechanically ruined car. Else I see absolutely no reason for Audi to sell it at a price lesser than their entry level model, leave alone at such a ridiculous price.
A.K is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2017, 13:57   #2658
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.K View Post
Did I read that right?
A 63 lac rupee car sold for less than 10 lac?! Damn that must be one mechanically ruined car. Else I see absolutely no reason for Audi to sell it at a price lesser than their entry level model, leave alone at such a ridiculous price.
I too was shocked when I heard about the price. One mechanically abused car it surely is, just like most media demonstrator cars. If it were sold to somebody else, it probably would have fetched 25-30 lakhs. But since it was sold to a celebrity, Audi sold it for a pittance. The car will be seen at events and in pictures. Good publicity for little money. I think the only reason they didnt give it away for free is that the gift tax on the car would have been more than the price the actress paid right now. She got the car for cheap. Audi sold an abused car and gets publicity in return. Win-win!
Old 29th June 2017, 19:51   #2659
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARCUS_520i View Post
Is there a law that excuses celebrities from the 'No Sun films' rule?
So many of the cars on this one post itself have got super hard tints!
Land of convenience; gotta love India. Not!
You can take permission from the Commissioner of Police, Mumbai to install tints on your car. You should be able to show the same to the Police when requested for.
Old 29th June 2017, 20:09   #2660
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yusha View Post
You can take permission from the Commissioner of Police, Mumbai to install tints on your car. You should be able to show the same to the Police when requested for.
That's strange.

Does the Apex Court's decision reflect this provisio? I'm not sure.
Old 29th June 2017, 21:03   #2661
BHPian

Actor and stand up comedian Sudesh Lehri's New Mercedes C Class. He also owns a Mini Cooper Countryman.

Bollywood Stars and their Cars-capture.jpg

Bollywood Stars and their Cars-capture-3.jpg

Bollywood Stars and their Cars-capture-2.jpg

Bollywood Stars and their Cars-capture-1.jpg

Bollywood Stars and their Cars-ckvveuqusaapnws.jpg

Bollywood Stars and their Cars-maxresdefault.jpg
Somu2009 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th June 2017, 21:24   #2662
BHPian

Bollywood Stars and their Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
That's strange.

Does the Apex Court's decision reflect this provisio? I'm not sure.

Paragraph 24 of the Supreme Court's decision makes an exception in the following terms which is limited to persons with Z & Z+ security. Don't think the celebrities fall under this exempted category though as the intent seems to be for VIPs/ VVIPs and referring to official cars, i.e. Ministers or Bureaucrats or the like holding sensitive positions. The relevant paragraph is quoted below for ready reference:

"24. Another issue that has been raised in the present Writ Petition is that certain VIPs/VVIPs are using black films on their vehicles for security reasons. Even this practice is not supported by law, as no notification by the competent authority has been brought to our notice, giving exemption to such vehicles from the operation of Rule 100 or any of its provisions. Be that as it may, we do not wish to enter upon the arena of the security and safety measures when the police department and Home Ministry consider such exemption appropriate. The cases of the persons who have been provided with Z and Z+ security category may be considered by a Committee consisting of the Director General of Police/Commissioner of Police of the concerned State and the Home Secretary of that State/Centre. It will be for that Committee to examine such cases for grant of exemption in accordance with law and upon due application of mind. These certificates should be provided only in relation to official cars of VIPs/VVIPs, depending upon the category of security that such person has been awarded by the competent authority. The appropriate government is free to make any regulations that it may consider appropriate in this regard."
jbpanda is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th June 2017, 23:24   #2663
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbpanda View Post
True that. In my view, the cops would usually not catch hold of these cars at the first place as the person sitting inside may give the cop a run for his job. Even if they catch one, they would be too obsessed with their celebrity stature to implement Supreme Court's directions. Such laws are for mere mortals like us. It happens only in India.
NO, happens all around the world. Here's an example - California has a law that exempts cars from being driven without a license plate for upto 90 days from the date of purchase. Unlike everywhere in the world where a newly purchased car gets a temporary registration plate when the dealer sells it, here it's a tiny sticker on the front windshield that has the temp reg details. Guess who misuses it? Almost everyone on Beverly Hills. If you attend any car meet in the SoCal area, you'll notice that most hypercars do not have plates. It's usually a blank plate in the plate holder or something vague. It's an open secret that everyone flouts this rule and just like the Bollywood celebs who get away with sun film, so do their Hollywood counterparts and other powerful residents. They do get caught, but that's rare, even the LA cops don't wanna lose their jobs.

Last edited by Rosso Corsa : 29th June 2017 at 23:25.
Rosso Corsa is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th July 2017, 08:20   #2664
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks like Maserati is promoting itself hard with Bollywood(taken tips from Audi?!)

Don't get why they don't just officially launch the Levante. Prices have been disclosed and some "special deliveries done too):
https://www.google.co.in/amp/s/auto....ia-1720450/amp
Attached Thumbnails
Bollywood Stars and their Cars-img_9014.jpg  

Sahil is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th July 2017, 19:35   #2665
BHPian

And here he goes again!

Source: https://auto.ndtv.com/news/dear-srk-...unroof-1720366
Attached Thumbnails
Bollywood Stars and their Cars-abramkhan_827x510_71499161917.jpg  

shifu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th July 2017, 10:54   #2666
R.D

Does Ranveer have an Aston?
Old 6th July 2017, 11:51   #2667
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.D View Post
Does Ranveer have an Aston?
Yup a brand new Black Aston Martin Rapide just got delivered to him last night from Aston Martin Mumbai.
cityvic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2017, 11:59   #2668
BHPian

I had spotted a blu passione Levante in transit a couple of weeks back. Probably the same car as posted above?

Note: Please move this post elsewhere if found inappropriate.
Attached Thumbnails
Bollywood Stars and their Cars-img20170622wa0013.jpg  

Bollywood Stars and their Cars-img20170622wa0014.jpg  

VR/46_Chet is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th July 2017, 12:20   #2669
BHPian

Ranveer gets himself a white Aston Martin!
Attached Thumbnails
Bollywood Stars and their Cars-image.jpeg  

Last edited by The Brutailer : 6th July 2017 at 12:40.
The Brutailer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th July 2017, 14:20   #2670
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityvic View Post
Yup a brand new Black Aston Martin Rapide just got delivered to him last night from Aston Martin Mumbai.

My bad. It's a White Rapide not Black.
Bollywood Stars and their Cars-imageuploadedbyteambhp1499331029.235027.jpg
cityvic is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed