Anand123 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th April 2018, 11:07   #2822
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bollywood Stars and their Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand123 View Post
Did Hrithik buy an Aston Martin Rapide?
No, that Aston belongs to his friend who is a well known builder who happens to be married to Gayatri Joshi of 'Swades' fame.
PPS is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th April 2018, 14:19   #2823
BHPian

S class looks like it has replaced the Q7 in Bollywood. It's become more common than a Honda city in mumbai 😂🤣
M00M is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th April 2018, 21:10   #2824
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by M00M View Post
S class looks like it has replaced the Q7 in Bollywood. It's become more common than a Honda city in mumbai
Would say it's well-deserved. Mercedes has got the styling bang on, and the interiors are so damn opulent. Match that with unbeatable presence, plush ride quality, a long list of gizmos and weak competition (weird-looking 7-Series, A8 has never been that popular in India) and it makes the S-Class a no-brainer choice for the rich. It's a super luxury sedan that one just cannot go wrong with. Only downside I can think about is that it's no fun to drive, but then, that's not the car's purpose. It's built for extreme luxury and fulfills that goal completely.

The new S-Class is really something else.
GTO is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th April 2018, 22:28   #2825

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Would say it's well-deserved. Mercedes has got the styling bang on, and the interiors are so damn opulent. Match that with unbeatable presence, plush ride quality, a long list of gizmos and weak competition (weird-looking 7-Series, A8 has never been that popular in India) and it makes the S-Class a no-brainer choice for the rich. It's a super luxury sedan that one just cannot go wrong with. Only downside I can think about is that it's no fun to drive, but then, that's not the car's purpose. It's built for extreme luxury and fulfills that goal completely.

The new S-Class is really something else.
Mercedes got the comfort and luxury factor bang on with the new S class. These stars spend most of the time in the backseat of their cars so the ride comfort and quality would be topmost in the radar than performance or thrill.

But lets wait until the 2018 BMW 7 series hits the Indian market.
Old 16th April 2018, 00:09   #2826
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeep.bansal View Post

But lets wait until the 2018 BMW 7 series hits the Indian market.
The new gen 7 series has been around here for a while. The 2018 is not a facelift either.

Only two b-town people that I have seen in the new 7 are Shilpa Shetty and Arpita Khan(Salman gifted it to her on the day her baby was born, was one of the first ones in Bombay)

Last edited by Sahil : 16th April 2018 at 00:12.
Sahil is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th April 2018, 00:20   #2827
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post

Only two b-town people that I have seen in the new 7 are Shilpa Shetty and Arpita Khan
Ajay Devgn uses the new 7 series. I guess Alia too owns one. I've seen pics of her getting into one. Not sure if it's her car.
Anand123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2018, 01:26   #2828
BHPian

Quote:
The new gen 7 series has been around here for a while. The 2018 is not a facelift either.

Only two b-town people that I have seen in the new 7 are Shilpa Shetty and Arpita Khan(Salman gifted it to her on the day her baby was born, was one of the first ones in Bombay)
Quote:
Ajay Devgn uses the new 7 series. I guess Alia too owns one. I've seen pics of her getting into one. Not sure if it's her car.
Sanjay Dutt also has one which he bought recently.

Bollywood Stars and their Cars-sanjaydutt.jpg

Bollywood Stars and their Cars-sanjunewcar_2018_1_20_161918.jpg
Somu2009 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th April 2018, 11:22   #2829
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeep.bansal View Post
Mercedes got the comfort and luxury factor bang on with the new S class.
Since this thread is on Bollywood, let me put it in Bollywood terms. The new S-Class has the star power & charisma of Salman, the brain & intelligence of Aamir and the talent & coolness of Farhan Akhtar .
GTO is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 16th April 2018, 12:15   #2830
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somu2009 View Post
Sanjay Dutt also has one which he bought recently.
Anil Kapoor has one too. Source

Bollywood Stars and their Cars-anilkapoorsridevi.jpg
Shanksta is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th April 2018, 19:49   #2831
BHPian

Farhan Akhtar got himself a Jeep Grand cherokee in ‘true blue’ shade from Jeep’s worli dealership.

Source: Rushlane’s Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/rushlane/po...55205004236784

Don’t know if he has actually bought it or its just a Jeep’s marketing gimmick by lending a car to bollywood stars.
Attached Thumbnails
Bollywood Stars and their Cars-24bb7eb209dc4deaa15f06e5e9f9b41e.jpeg  

Bollywood Stars and their Cars-f47c38985e19471aa523b2241c0992b9.jpeg  

Bollywood Stars and their Cars-86d2086221f14d7ab390227e068d2e5f.jpeg  

Last edited by ShubhamGhute : 17th April 2018 at 19:59.
ShubhamGhute is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 17th April 2018, 19:49   #2832
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Mr. Cool takes home a Grand Cherokee. Language makes it clear that the car is a freebie. Well, no one is buying them Grand Cherokees, so might as well get some publicity out of them .

Quote:
Farhan Akhtar today visited the Jeep Dealership in Worli, Mumbai to collect the keys to his brand new Jeep Grand Cherokee, as part of a lifestyle association with the SUV brand. Farhan will be driving a Grand Cherokee in the colour True Blue – a colour he chose on his own.
Bollywood Stars and their Cars-1-1.jpg

Bollywood Stars and their Cars-1-2.jpg

Bollywood Stars and their Cars-1-3.jpg

Bollywood Stars and their Cars-1-4.jpg
GTO is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 17th April 2018, 20:24   #2833
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Language makes it clear that the car is a freebie. Well, no one is buying them Grand Cherokees, so might as well get some publicity out of them
I believe they might have given huge discounts instead of a free gift but that's just my guess. Or maybe they have given for a certain time and it will be the property of Jeep India, it's easy to put such charges under marketing expenses rather than showing as a loss in trading on a balance sheet.

Ideally, they should have made efforts to sell in the market by publicising special prices/ discounts the way they did on 4x4 Compass, most of the Dealerships play smart and tend to keep manufacturers offers to themselves, like they have lots of unsold wranglers but as per dealers, these are to be arranged against a back order and there are Zero Discounts
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2018, 23:03   #2834
Senior - BHPian

What a great time to be a Bollywood star! Clever ones (and new ones) among them could actually be the one approaching a company and offering to promote the hell out of any car given, on their social media. Who next? Maybe Lexus? Give away a couple of NX's as a nice throwback to the old Lexus-Bollywood connect?
avishar is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 18th April 2018, 05:45   #2835
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
What a great time to be a Bollywood star! Clever ones (and new ones) among them could actually be the one approaching a company and offering to promote the hell out of any car given, on their social media. Who next? Maybe Lexus? Give away a couple of NX's as a nice throwback to the old Lexus-Bollywood connect?
Heck even the LX (too pricey I know) could serve as a good throwback to the old LXs that used to exist in the industry. I guess Shilpa Shetty is still using hers as I saw in this thread sometime ago.
RoadGlide is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks