Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2008, 14:57   #136
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Oh I know him too real "star" guy!! (Especially of the 3-pointed variety!) Apparently he was keen on getting some Movie roles but didn't agree to the Director's wish on the casting couch and so didn't get the role!
Ah, so thats why! Either ways, being the prince of Sardars makes him a superstar in his own right.
Old 31st May 2008, 15:38   #137

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Ah, so thats why! Either ways, being the prince of Sardars makes him a superstar in his own right.
I heard that this man was offered a role in X MEN but declined to protect his secret identity. But Alas, people found out and he was probed and tesed for his abilities..

p.s.-i didnt do any probing.
Old 1st June 2008, 02:18   #138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
I know a star who has many wonderful cars and a deep love for them.
A certain Sikh Gentleman (with an "X" in his name) who is a star without ever shaking his belly at a Bollywood camera.
Thank you kind sir. You will be glad to know that he is currently working on eradicating that "Belly"

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Oh I know him too real "star" guy!! (Especially of the 3-pointed variety!) Apparently he was keen on getting some Movie roles but didn't agree to the Director's wish on the casting couch and so didn't get the role!
Maybe if they had clarified, that the "Couch" was a classic Mercedes seat, the position might have been somewhat different

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
I heard that this man was offered a role in X MEN but declined to protect his secret identity. But Alas, people found out and he was probed and tesed for his abilities..
p.s.-i didnt do any probing.
That was because maybe he thought "X Men" was spelt as "Ex-Men"
These Ex-men are the "probing" types
I suppose you know the difference Dikra!!

Getting back to the topic, Guru Dutt had a white XK-120 (it can be seen in Pyasa)
Madan Mohan the music director had a Studebaker Champion coupe.
Feroz Khan was the Flamboyant types who loved having Jeeps and Mercedes Benz of all kinds. I remember him having a W116-450SEL, Numerous W114s and W115s, a couple of Pagoda top SLs, not to mention the odd W123 and W124 and W126s.
Zeenat Aman owned the first W116 280 SEL in a biege colour. Shammi Kapoor and Shashi Kapoor owned W115s till they gave up driving. Shashi Kapoor drove his own car in most of his movies. Fakira, Anari etc. It was always repainted white. Shammi Kapoor had a black 115/4 MMU *** i dont quite remember the numbers but it was a three digit plate and he always drove it himself. Another actor who always drove himself, much as he does today a lot lesser though is Vinod Khanna, the owner of a W114 220 automatic MMB something. He also owned the first GMC Jimmy I ever saw. Till recently he could be seen in his W123 coupe 300CD, driving himself.
Mithun owned a couple of W115s (a silver and a black) and a Golden W123 240D.
How can one forget a real car guy Premnath. His fleet included a 1963 Ford Galaxie convertible, a 1947 Buick eight, a Holden Monaro GTS amongst others. The Galaxie is now owned by a friend and his Monaro was just bought by a so called collector months back from another guy. This car was junk and to my eyes finished and not worth restoring fro the price he was re selling it at.
i know Dev Anand was also an American car buff and know only of two of his cars. A Station wagon 1969 Ford Cortina and a 1967 Chevy Malibu. I believe he had owned a couple of Heckflosses prior to that.
Nutan owned a LHD 1960 Impala with the spare tyre on the boot which was an option. I have see n her drive herself once at Breach Candy Hospital bearing number BMF something. She also had two Mustangs. A 1968 Off White V-8 and a 1966 six in Silver Grey and a Black stretch W123 . The V-8 was lying at her Colaba house all rusted and disintegrated (but not for sale, mind you) along with the stretch W123. These were mint condition cars which I had seen, when I had seen them.
I remember Rishi Kapoor's photo being flashed all over the Star Dust after Bobby, when his father gifted him a Red Chevy Vega GT with white racing stripes on his 18th birthday. How lucky he was, I thought to myself.
Jeetendra had his lucky Maroon 1962 Chevy Impala for years. Dont know about it now.
Then there is Saif who like a child in a candy store wants to get a Macho car to go with his Macho Image...(What Macho Image??) He gets a Mustang-GT 500 Shelby, manual with a stage two Kevlar clutch (im sure he didnt know what that meant. If it sounded exotic, he must have wanted it) and as per my prediction, the car is now for sale, having run just 200 kms after his purchase a few months ago
Hey Buddy thats a driver's car.
I wonder if he could even see the Bonnet and road from the driver's seat...!!
Will add some more as my memory refreshes itself.

Last edited by V-16 : 1st June 2008 at 02:19.
V-16 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st June 2008, 13:01   #139

Gogi bhai, if i give him 50,000 for it, will he sell it? i will even throw in BLL 1144 !! Now thats a good deal isnt it?

Anyways, R.D.Burman owned a Cream Select and at the time he had the best music system in india. Just saw a special screening of a tribute movie to R.D. and thus i know. Also he drove only with one leg. He used to fold his left leg and put it up on the seat. He used to drive with his left hand and tap the roof with his right hand making melodies. Many Famous songs have been made that way!!
Old 1st June 2008, 13:35   #140
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Feroz Khan was the Flamboyant types who loved having Jeeps and Mercedes Benz of all kinds. I remember him having a W116-450SEL,

Shammi Kapoor and Shashi Kapoor owned W115s till they gave up driving.
Do you recall where Feroz Khans 450 is today? Or do I need to remind you?

A couple of weeks back I was watching a nice programme on Shammi Kapoor, where he said he really loves driving and still makes the odd morning dash to Lonavala for tea. They also showed him driving a spanking new maroon S class.
Old 1st June 2008, 15:31   #141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Do you recall where Feroz Khans 450 is today? Or do I need to remind you?
Totally remember it. Thats where I was reminded of his cars. By the way do need to get a few things from that one fro my car.

Quote:
A couple of weeks back I was watching a nice programme on Shammi Kapoor, where he said he really loves driving and still makes the odd morning dash to Lonavala for tea. They also showed him driving a spanking new maroon S class.
Wow, i didnt know he still drives. Thats great, see, once a car lover, always a car lover. These guys are not here to make a statement. The younger lot is i feel.
In the film industry, its all about showing off and bling. Its like a certain marque is to be b ought only because it shows one has arrived. Thats how most cars are sold in and to the industry. Do you think a Dia Mirza or a Kareena Kapoor who own LX470s, even know whats the difference between a four and a eight cylinder engine?
Old 1st June 2008, 20:38   #142
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Totally remember it. Thats where I was reminded of his cars. By the way do need to get a few things from that one fro my car.
You are cordially invited to help yourself to what you need.

Quote:
Wow, i didnt know he still drives. Thats great, see, once a car lover, always a car lover. These guys are not here to make a statement. The younger lot is i feel.
In the film industry, its all about showing off and bling. Its like a certain marque is to be b ought only because it shows one has arrived. Thats how most cars are sold in and to the industry. Do you think a Dia Mirza or a Kareena Kapoor who own LX470s, even know whats the difference between a four and a eight cylinder engine?
Absolutely. It was so heartening to see Shammiji so down to earth, jolly and active inspite of spending 3 days every week in the hospital on dialisys for the last 5 years! It was a lovely programme called "Being Legends" on CNN IBN. He is an inspiration.
Old 1st June 2008, 21:59   #143
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Repost :
Mohit Ahlawat's Porsche 911 Carrera S
Sajid Nadiadwala's Porsche Cayenne S
Hrithik Roshan's Porsche Cayenne Turbo
Upen Patel's Suzuki Boulevard
Sanjay Khan's Cadillac
Sushmita Sen's Lexus LS400
Arbaaz Khanls LX470
Amitabh Bacchan's LX470
Saif Ali Khan's LX470
Lucky Ali's Mini
Attached Thumbnails
Bollywood Stars and their Cars-911.jpg  

Bollywood Stars and their Cars-cayenne1.jpg  

Bollywood Stars and their Cars-cayenneturbo.jpg  

Bollywood Stars and their Cars-bike1.jpg  

Bollywood Stars and their Cars-caddy.jpg  

Bollywood Stars and their Cars-ls400.jpg  

Bollywood Stars and their Cars-lx470.jpg  

Bollywood Stars and their Cars-lx4701.jpg  

Bollywood Stars and their Cars-mini.jpg  

Attached Images

v12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2008, 22:57   #144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
Some more Bollywood cars :

Mohit Ahlawat's Porsche 911 Carrera S

Sajid Nadiadwala's Porsche Cayenne S

Hrithik Roshan's Porsche Cayenne Turbo

Upen Patel's Suzuki Boulevard

Sanjay Khan's Cadillac

Sushmita Sen's Lexus LS400

Arbaaz Khanls LX470

Amitabh Bacchan's LX470

Saif Ali Khan's LX470

Lucky Ali's Mini
Which Jaguar does Hritik own?
P.S.: Is Mohit Ahlawat from a very rich family? He's starred in two of bollywood's biggest debacles and owns a Cayenne and a 911!
Old 1st June 2008, 23:23   #145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayabusa View Post
Which Jaguar does Hritik own?
Hritik has/had a Jaguar S-Type

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayabusa View Post
P.S.: Is Mohit Ahlawat from a very rich family?
He's starred in two of bollywood's biggest debacles and owns a Cayenne and a 911!
Maybe he also financed them. I believe he has a lot of exotics and is from a loaded family with political connections.
I kinda liked him in the films. He looks the part where if he hits someone, that someone would stay hit for a long time. What was irritating was the heroines of these films. Anyways I think his part required him to be a macho, zombie kind (a la Shwarzenegger) and he did it with conviction. The films on the whole were nothing short of pathetic.
Old 2nd June 2008, 11:25   #146
BHPian

Gogi Sir : spot On, if i am not mistaken he also has a stake in dealerships of one the Skoda Dealers in Bombay. He Owns a Rune too!!!
Old 3rd June 2008, 00:01   #147
BHPian

Drophead.

I read in an auto magazine that the first RR Drophead in India has been delivered in Mumbai. Anyone knows who ? My guess is a bollywood star. Just a guess.

And what do these 2 have in their garages ? Rajiv shah & Sunny Deol ?
Old 3rd June 2008, 00:21   #148
Senior - BHPian

@ V12 : The Boulavard is NOT owned by Upen Patel. Its owned by a guy who is a close friend of is. Infact Upen has a habit of going to press calling that guy's bikes and ars his own. He even claimed to own the black Busa from the 05' Speed Run.

@JayR: The first RR Drophead delivered in India went to the Dewans of HDIL as mentioned in the press and media.

Mohit Allawat's pop is a billionaire and like Gogi said he might have financed the films for Ramu. When in Mumbai Mohit used Spiderman's Murcielago on many occasions.
Old 3rd June 2008, 05:48   #149
BHPian

Is Susmita Sen really down and out?Why else she driving an old (98?)LS? Sad.I remember she beat Aishwarya to MissIndia and became Miss Universe.Acting career didnt work out I guess.
Old 3rd June 2008, 12:00   #150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayR View Post
I read in an auto magazine that the first RR Drophead in India has been delivered in Mumbai. Anyone knows who ? My guess is a bollywood star. Just a guess.

And what do these 2 have in their garages ? Rajiv shah & Sunny Deol ?
Rajiv Shah owns/owned a purple Lambo Diablo, a red Pontiac Firebird and a green Dodge Viper.
Sunny Deol owns a silver SL500 in India and a Ferrari 360 Modena in the UK I guess with Reg no.ASD(Ajay Singh Deol)!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks