Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2011, 00:44   #46
BHPian

Re: Ferrari owners complain! All cars have to go to Delhi for maintenance

Guys i have started to take training under our senior tech on how to service ferrari & maserati.
May be i can cater to the owners of these super cars in future.

A.H
Farooq
Old 8th December 2011, 17:07   #47
BHPian

@ferrariKSA

please don't take me otherwise bro, but i logged on to this thread today after a very serious thought given to a premium multi brand service centre where all the cars - right from a mercedes all the way to a murcielago can be taken care of. trying to figure out what all would the companies need to give it an authorised status.

until and unless it is a major repair job, one can also provide on spot servicing - that would keep the over all cost low of maintaining a full fledged service centre in different cities.

experts - what do you think can be snags in this?
Old 8th December 2011, 17:32   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyakmodi View Post
@ferrariKSA

please don't take me otherwise bro, but i logged on to this thread today after a very serious thought given to a premium multi brand service centre where all the cars - right from a mercedes all the way to a murcielago can be taken care of. trying to figure out what all would the companies need to give it an authorised status.

until and unless it is a major repair job, one can also provide on spot servicing - that would keep the over all cost low of maintaining a full fledged service centre in different cities.

experts - what do you think can be snags in this?
Well, Most manufacturers, even lower end brands like Marutis and Tatas request for "dedicated" space for servicing their cars, so space sharing would be a major challenge for getting an "authorized" work shop status. Maybe you could provide non-authorized service, but it may have its own challenges, which you would know best.

Providing on-call or at-site service is a good idea. Just think if it would be feasible to carry out on-site repairs. Logistics is a big challenge. You could have a flatbed-truck to ship the vehicle to your service center and back and charge less than what a professional towing would charge.
Old 8th December 2011, 18:45   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
Well, Most manufacturers, even lower end brands like Marutis and Tatas request for "dedicated" space for servicing their cars, so space sharing would be a major challenge for getting an "authorized" work shop status. Maybe you could provide non-authorized service, but it may have its own challenges, which you would know best.

Providing on-call or at-site service is a good idea. Just think if it would be feasible to carry out on-site repairs. Logistics is a big challenge. You could have a flatbed-truck to ship the vehicle to your service center and back and charge less than what a professional towing would charge.
well that's why was thinking of premium cars only. how many porsche/ferrari/lamborghini would come in the same day for servicing? mercedes/bmw/audi would need some space so maybe a 20 car service bay can be shared between the 3. but for the other cars, keeping a bay or 2 won't be that difficult.

as far as car doesn't have major repairs, i doubt doing an on-site job would require a lot of equipment.
the idea of on-site servicing is because none of these super car owners/ premium car owners would want to part with the vehicles for a longer time. i mean what would be the sense of the entire module if again they have to send their babies to some different city altogether to just get them serviced? might as well get a techie flown in with an assistant, service and check the entire car on-site, repair whatever electronics that aren't functioning the way they are (would need just a diagnostic + repair computer to reprogram them) and get done with it. for any minor physical/mechanical repairs they would be carrying their set of tools, but if there is a major repair involved - then and only then it makes sense to bring in the car to the service centre.

i do not believe that any of these super car owners would find it very expensive to fly in a couple of people for a couple of days and take care of their lodging and meals.
would probably need 3 sets of tools (2 for travelling 1 as spare) and maybe a team of 4-6 people to make on-site calls.

am i missing something here?
Old 8th December 2011, 19:08   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyakmodi View Post
well that's why was thinking of premium cars only. how many porsche/ferrari/lamborghini would come in the same day for servicing? mercedes/bmw/audi would need some space so maybe a 20 car service bay can be shared between the 3. but for the other cars, keeping a bay or 2 won't be that difficult.

as far as car doesn't have major repairs, i doubt doing an on-site job would require a lot of equipment.
the idea of on-site servicing is because none of these super car owners/ premium car owners would want to part with the vehicles for a longer time. i mean what would be the sense of the entire module if again they have to send their babies to some different city altogether to just get them serviced? might as well get a techie flown in with an assistant, service and check the entire car on-site, repair whatever electronics that aren't functioning the way they are (would need just a diagnostic + repair computer to reprogram them) and get done with it. for any minor physical/mechanical repairs they would be carrying their set of tools, but if there is a major repair involved - then and only then it makes sense to bring in the car to the service centre.

i do not believe that any of these super car owners would find it very expensive to fly in a couple of people for a couple of days and take care of their lodging and meals.
would probably need 3 sets of tools (2 for travelling 1 as spare) and maybe a team of 4-6 people to make on-site calls.

am i missing something here?

My 2 pence to this.

Let us assume, you want to do a oil change or brake cable change for a ferrari. This needs that the car to be taken up a ramp. You could probably tie-up with one of the garages for these types of service at teh customer's location.

Secondly carrying the computerised diagnostic equipment may pose logistical challenges. Flying you staff with "equipment" wil be pretty heavy on pocket (Including profits).

But yes, this will definetly provide a better level service and customers will flock to you. A novel idea though.

Finally, please think about the fact of whether the supercar customer will be happy to allow/see mechanics servicing the car inside his premises/on the street.

Last edited by scopriobharath : 8th December 2011 at 19:10.
Old 18th October 2013, 18:47   #51
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Here is what GS tweeted today.

Name:  gs.png
Views: 4316
Size:  43.5 KB
PPS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st October 2013, 18:15   #52
A.K
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Here is what GS tweeted today.

Attachment 1154235
Hah, from what I remember, there are atleast 5 Ferrari's still awaiting delivery. The owners are still told the classic next week story.
Old 21st October 2013, 20:56   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.K View Post
Hah, from what I remember, there are atleast 5 Ferrari's still awaiting delivery. The owners are still told the classic next week story.
Quite surprisingly , and rather fortunately , I never faced any issues with the dealer. Our 458 was delivered before time and we never faced any issues with servicing either. I hope for the best for all future owners.
ecksreturns is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st October 2013, 23:41   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksreturns View Post

Quite surprisingly , and rather fortunately , I never faced any issues with the dealer. Our 458 was delivered before time and we never faced any issues with servicing either. I hope for the best for all future owners.
You seem to be extremely lucky in this case.

The current dealer has made the otherwise exciting experience of owning a Ferrari highly boring, rather painful.
Hopefully the new dealer (already appointed I guess) makes the situation much much better
Old 28th October 2013, 11:11   #55
BHPian

Finally, the inevitable has happened and maybe justice will follow for those who have been conned, cheated and mistreated by the man and his company. Hopefully now Ferrari/Maserati will finally take notice of what Porsche and Audi found out and realize who they trusted their prestigious hallowed brands to and now hand them over to more respectful, efficient and trusted hands. Inspite of Ferrari/Maserati being officially represented in the country, no current or prospective buyer felt their presence due to the severe inefficiency and shamefully reckless attitude from sales to service.

"Luxury car showroom owner held

http://www.business-standard.com/art...2700748_1.html

The owner of a high-end car showroom was arrested here for allegedly duping a
businessman of Rs 1.1 crore in Chankayapuri area of New
Delhi district, police said.
Ashish Chordia was arrested yesterday evening, police said.
"We had received a complaint from Jasveer Grewal that he had bought a car from
Chordia's showroom some time ago. Grewal paid Rs 1.1 crore to Chordia for the car.
"However, the car was bought by the accused after being financed by a well-known
finance company.
"As Chordia had not pay the money back to the company, he did not have the 'No
Objection Certificate' to sell the car. He did not transfer the ownership of the car on
Grewal's name and kept giving him excuses," the police official said.
Once Grewal got to know that Chordia did not have clearance from the company to sell
him the car, he approached police.
The police lodged an FIR of cheating against Chordia with Chankayapuri Police Station
in August, 2012.
During investigations, Chordia was found guilty of cheating Jasveer Grewal.
After this, Chordia was absconding and a non-bailable warrant was also issued against
him by a city court, the official said.
He was arrested yesterday evening following a tip-off.
Further investigations are on, police said."

Last edited by bigbadwolf : 28th October 2013 at 11:16.
bigbadwolf is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th October 2013, 11:26   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbadwolf View Post
Finally, the inevitable has happened and maybe justice will follow for those who have been conned, cheated and mistreated by the man and his company.
You beat me to it.. I hope at least now people take notice and are careful in parting with their hard earned money when it comes to Ashish Chordia (Ferrari/Maserati and Ducati dealer). This is a good start and hopefully now many more who have been duped by him come out in the open and press charges. Ferrari and Maserati should now take action and terminate him as their dealer and come on their own (Ferrari India) and appoint proper dealers under their supervision just as Porsche and Lamborghini have done.
Old 4th November 2013, 21:19   #57

Gautam Singhania' tweet.
Attached Thumbnails
Ferrari owners complain! All cars have to go to Delhi for maintenance-image.jpg  

surya_jindal is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks