Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2011, 17:36   #16
BHPian

Re: Ferrari owners having trouble

with beautiful cars like this and the income of these companies we would expect them to have services centers in locations at least an hour or 2 away... but not across different states... i think that Ferrari should definitely have a service center as close as possible in the large cities. even for the most minute work...
Old 25th November 2011, 18:33   #17
BHPian

Ferrari's world wide are very difficult to keep.. even in europe they take forever to fix. Most owners say that whenever you want to use your ferrari, you can be sure its not going to start. But, those were for the older generation ferrari's. now days at least they start!
The people from ferrari, porsche, audi, etc dont care about what people say about the dealers.. they only care about the fact that they're selling in good amounts. what they don't realise is that India is a market where the dealers have nothing to do with the sales.. The demand sells the cars.
Personally, i have had very good exp with Porsche and also bad. i guess thats expected.
The roads.. you can argue both ways. Yes we don't have the best roads in India, but at least you can get up to decent speeds with your car. In most other parts of the world where the roads are fantastic, you can't really get up to good speeds because you'll find yourself being pulled over by the cops!
Old 25th November 2011, 19:00   #18
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Ferrari owners complain! All cars have to go to Delhi for maintenance

Damn, what is it with sportscars and shoddy service in India! I've heard some real horror stories about Porsche & Lamborghini...it sucks to see Ferrari being added to that list as well.

Which dimwit decided that all Ferraris have to compulsorily be sent to Delhi for service? As rightly pointed out by others, the cost of transportation, potential of damage and unnecessary time off the road can be real bummers. Not to mention, the inconvenience!!!! The irony is, a Maruti 800 owner is probably happier with the after-sales than most supercar owners in India!

When news broke of Ferrari coming to town, I had commented that they should offer superlative aftersales service. It could have been a super differentiator. I think all of these brands need to learn from Mercedes & BMW on how to keep customers happy. Heck, who wants to spend over 2 crores and NOT be pampered?!

Related Thread
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2011, 20:32   #19
Senior - BHPian

Probably, they are asking all to come to Delhi so they can do a thorough "test drive" on the Buddh circuit and find out whats wrong, they can also set up shop in Chennai (MMSC) and Coimbatore (Kari Motor Speedway) for the same reasons. Super car ownership in India= Super headaches and heartaches. I think a 1:18 scale model will be more affordable and easier to repair.
Old 25th November 2011, 21:32   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlcarrera View Post
Hi speedy , typically the diagnostic comp is like a laptop with a touch screen , almost like an iPad that's as thick as a dictionary , when my friend ( the first owner of a 458 ) who knows a lot about cars was told that he didn't have a choice , though his car is absolutely fine , just the oil change in his garge won't do and if he doesn't send the car to Delhi , he will loose his warranty . What more to say , all the current upgrades are anyways not available to all the stand alone service guys inindia though they are good I must say . Today with the lambos, r8v10s the gtrs, Ferrari has to buckle up , otherwise all the horses we see will only be in the race course or the stable
It is not about the the exorbitive transportation cost, that is miniscule when compared to what the owner has actually paid for the car. The point is - not withstanding the damage in transit, the dealership still does not have basic inventory like filters, which is bare requirement for an oil service. To rub salt to your wounds, if the car is not invoiced in the country, even though it is a clean import, the indian dealer still has to match his relevant data for the campaign ( as ferrari calls it ) and get the go ahead because the car was sold from Dubai,UK or directly from Italy. This is not it - they blackmail saying your warranty is null and void if you do not go to the authorised dealer .. What authorised dealer are we talking about who does not stock a basic filter ?

If you are wondering if i am a newbie ferrari owner throwing tantrums, then be assured - i cant even afford a scale model. All my inputs are first hand information.
Old 26th November 2011, 09:23   #21
BHPian

I dont understand a few things.

When a company as big as Ferrari decides to come to India with its flagship brands - Ferrari and Maserati, it sure would have done good amount of homework and strategizing before the launch. Typically they would have looked at their competition and their own brands (FIAT) on a number of factors like logistics, supply chain, customer feedback, sales performance, inventory management etc. to benchmark and take a call.

How on earth then did Shreyans Motors manage to bag the contract specially with their dismal past with Audi and Porsche?

Secondly, if the dealer has this atrocious practice of servicing vehicles ONLY in Delhi and the company does not know about it then the top-management at Ferrari needs to wake up and smell the coffee. And if they are aware of this circus and have blessed it then its high time the Indian customers boycott their product. They dont deserve our money!

And I thought only FIAT's after-sales service was shoddy. Guess its a family affair after all !!

Last edited by narula123 : 26th November 2011 at 09:25.
Old 26th November 2011, 10:32   #22
BHPian

Not surprising at all. The whole Italian lineup of exotics seem to be jinxed- Lambo, Ducati, Ferrari. Another reason to stick to the Japs
Old 26th November 2011, 11:58   #23
BHPian

Well, Fail to understand this attitude of some car makers to take Indian customers for a ride, once they sell the Car. But to expect such pathetic kind of Service & hassles involved in getting the car serviced for a Super car like Ferrari is really disappointing(Or is it?). Let them know that we are not going to take this lying down. Make them listen else BOYCOTT their cars, however good they may be. Ideally, routine service for such cars should be carried out at customers' premises. Given the technological age we are living in & technology Ferrari must be equipped with, it's not that difficult & even if it is chargeable, I am sure Owners of these cars will be more than willing to bear the costs, which will anyway be cheaper than transporting the car to Delhi & Bacck.
P.S: I don't & can't own a Ferrari in may be Next decade.
Old 26th November 2011, 13:29   #24
Team-BHP Support

The reason for Mercedes, BMW and Audi to establish themselves strongly is that they have set up their own offices, defined the service standards required and enforce this.

Porsche, Ferrari etc are at the mercy of Shreyans who might know how to sell, but not how to service. Ferrari are to small to do this. Porsche can do this once VW absorbs them and allows them to use their infrastructure.

Unfortunately, Fiat as a parent are not doing much for them, heck not even themselves!
ajmat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th November 2011, 15:50   #25
BHPian

does shreyans people really know how to sell OR they are selling because the customer is left with no other option?

i think it' the latter.

on a very serious note - it makes me wonder what's the point of buying such exotics when you can't drive them because of poor a.s.s.? wouldn't one be better off buying a couple of sls amg knowing that atleast their cars would be well taken care of and they wouldn't be treated as some fool who has been trapped?

i guess this is what happens when the dealership owner has tonnes of money & foul attitude with right contacts and absolutely no regard for anyone else. you got the money to start off the dealership, the right contacts and ego to treat every one as if they are imbecile and a horrible attitude towards the customer to provide service - that's the sure shot way to spoil a brand's repute not just in india but across the world.
Old 26th November 2011, 16:11   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyakmodi View Post
i guess this is what happens when the dealership owner has tonnes of money & foul attitude with right contacts and absolutely no regard for anyone else. you got the money to start off the dealership, the right contacts and ego to treat every one as if they are imbecile and a horrible attitude towards the customer to provide service - that's the sure shot way to spoil a brand's repute not just in india but across the world.
This also seems to describe the dealerships of Skoda and a lot more including non-auto ones.
Old 27th November 2011, 00:29   #27
BHPian

I wonder when the company will understand what is going on.
The initial demand is there which is of hardcore enthusiasts
Once they have to go out and start selling, thigs will get tough for them...... That's for sure
Old 30th November 2011, 15:26   #28
BHPian

just got a call from a dealer, that a rossa red 458 italia (indian invoice) done barely 400 kms is on sale.

way to go!!!! or is it?
Old 30th November 2011, 17:56   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyakmodi View Post
just got a call from a dealer, that a rossa red 458 italia (indian invoice) done barely 400 kms is on sale.

way to go!!!! or is it?
How much are they quoting for it. If its 400 kms and the discount is huge, makes sense in buying.
Old 30th November 2011, 17:59   #30
BHPian

the guy quoted 3cr.
when i asked him isn't it the actual price? he promptly told me that sir this car would cost you 3.25 cr. after all the registration and blah blah, and what more the wait is for 9 odd months (ironic) to get your car after putting in the entire payment.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks