Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2011, 22:33   #1
BHPian

Ferrari owners complain! All cars have to go to Delhi for maintenance

It's never ending trouble for Supercar owners . The 458 had teething issues like fire , no worries but now a bigger issue
All ferrari owners need to send their car all the way to Delhi to even get their simple first service done .. Why ?
All software upgrades can be done only from their comp which is online with Ferrari Italy . So a guy from chennai has to spend lacks trucking his vehicle with the deputed transporter and stay away from his beauty for almost a month to get his car serviced

A friend who owns one had a problem with the lift mechanism which was not fixed for months

Another had a rear defuser broken by the transporter

Just to get the oil and filters changed a car now has to go all the way to Delhi . No doubt the 458 is a brilliant car . But Ferrari needs to understand logistics issues in a country like India and have portable comps that do the job and not put their customers to this kind of stress .
mlcarrera is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th November 2011, 22:56   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Ferrari owners having trouble

I think it's a dealer issue, rather than a 'Ferrari' issue.

Ferrari India is run by Exclusive Motors, right? I'm not quite sure.

But when you spend crores on your car, you expect impeccable after-sales-service. Something that most niche and import-car owners seem to suffer. I'm not sure if it's because these companies are new to the country, or if it's solely the dealers responsible for such messes.

How has the service been for your cars so far, Mr. ML?

Last edited by suhaas307 : 24th November 2011 at 22:58.
Old 24th November 2011, 23:07   #3
BHPian

When I owned a 911 I had no problem , but that's because the head of service was a very efficient gentleman with who was passionate about his job , the owner of the dealership is not worth discussing . He also owns the Ferrari dealership , it's not exclusive motors , they own the Lamborghini dealership
mlcarrera is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2011, 23:32   #4
Senior - BHPian

ML bhai..your talking of service but what about the guys who have ordered cars worth 3 cr and have been given stories for 10 months by Shreyans Motors. The Bombay car White with a black top was in Delhi for some issue and i believe the owner is allready fed up. The red 458 was delayed by 3 months. There is one owner who has refused to clear dues of his other car that is at customs and is making shreyans motors pay for the holding charges till the 458 arrives. He is given the classic next week story.
The Software can be used via laptop and internet connection, but that is to upgrade your own software. I have seen a certain person who services Ferrari's and Maseratti's come with a Laptop and service and rectify fault codes if any. I am sure the company is not aware of the going ons cause even a Rolls Royce, Bentley and Lamborghini technician comes to the owners house and services the car if a service center is not there in the city.
The owner of the dealership..hmm..what do i say..least said on an open forum the better..Audi went no lesson learnt..Porsche going..not yet learnt..Now when would Ferrari and Maseratti learn..I hope soon.
A few people including myself would rather directly import a Ferrari or Maseratti rather than dealing with the India dealership or the owner. I am garunteed delivery on time and i end up saving alot too in the process. As for service it is cheaper to fly someone down from Dubai.
speedy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th November 2011, 23:53   #5
BHPian

Hi speedy , typically the diagnostic comp is like a laptop with a touch screen , almost like an iPad that's as thick as a dictionary , when my friend ( the first owner of a 458 ) who knows a lot about cars was told that he didn't have a choice , though his car is absolutely fine , just the oil change in his garge won't do and if he doesn't send the car to Delhi , he will loose his warranty . What more to say , all the current upgrades are anyways not available to all the stand alone service guys inindia though they are good I must say . Today with the lambos, r8v10s the gtrs, Ferrari has to buckle up , otherwise all the horses we see will only be in the race course or the stable
Old 25th November 2011, 00:16   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlcarrera View Post
Hi speedy , typically the diagnostic comp is like a laptop with a touch screen , almost like an iPad that's as thick as a dictionary , when my friend ( the first owner of a 458 ) who knows a lot about cars was told that he didn't have a choice , though his car is absolutely fine , just the oil change in his garge won't do and if he doesn't send the car to Delhi , he will loose his warranty . What more to say , all the current upgrades are anyways not available to all the stand alone service guys inindia though they are good I must say . Today with the lambos, r8v10s the gtrs, Ferrari has to buckle up , otherwise all the horses we see will only be in the race course or the stable
Well said ML bhai..soon the stables would be the best place as usual to see the horses.
I do find it ridiculous to send a car to Delhi for the oil top up and check..why cant a technician fly down or better still the owner be told which oil to put in the car. I am sure no owner is going to want to save cost by putting a cheaper oil in their car. To spend a Lakh for something that would cost thousands makes no sense.
If i remember right the program module for a ferrari was around 50 thousand rupees if i remember right. Someone we know had got it for a certain Ferrari. So i dont see what stops the dealership to get portable modules to service cars from other cities. Due to the dealership Ferrari and Maseratti would loose out to the likes of the Audi, Aston Martin, Mercedes and Lamborghini (dealership in India) and other direct imports like the GTR.
Old 25th November 2011, 03:40   #7
BHPian

so it's final now. i am not buying the ferrari OR lamborghini OR bentley because of the service issues
good excuse one can safely say now.

anyway : what makes me wonder is why can't ferrari foresee this basic approach/reach problem. i can understand an owner going all the way to delhi from kanyakumari to pick up/order his car. but to send the car each time for a basic service and check up is simply ridiculous. with the entire world going the portable way (in IT atleast) what stops the dealership in getting some high end (duhh!!) portable device which can easily be carried and can still diagnose the vehicle completely? with the current nano technology and high speed wireless internet - i see no snags in it.
samyakmodi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2011, 11:58   #8
BHPian

It is quite disheartening to hear, that when people spend this kind of money on expensive cars like this, the are subject to this kind of treatment. How can a Ferrari dealer expect to call for a car to Delhi, all the way from South India. in today's day and age, i am sure they can have Laptop's that can be used to deal with electric issues.

It is sad to see that the indian customer who is so passionate about cars, getting treated this way. its high time that the indian consumer raises his voice against shoddy service, before we see some guy do what was done by a Lambo owner in China !!!!!
Old 25th November 2011, 14:34   #9
Senior - BHPian

Uh oh, Shreyans have messed with enough brands already, Audi and Porsche, I was hoping they don't repeat the same with Ferrari as they are the sole dealer in the country.

The message just doesn't seem to have reached the head-honchos yet, who seem to be just too occupied with the initial buzz and new launches.

When the dust settles, things are gonna look pretty ugly for Shreyans.

@ml - Has this car never ventured out? I've seen no other red Italias with Nero roof other than the Bangalore one. Where is this from?
Old 25th November 2011, 14:58   #10
Senior - BHPian

This is the Blore car , as mentioned by ML , this car has its nose lifted right from the beginning and it has not been rectified as yet. A certain car from Mumbai had its diffuser damaged while they were transporting it to delhi.
Ferrari owners who pay a premium for these cars in India certainly expect a hassle free experience of owning their dream machines .

Hope to see things getting better .
Old 25th November 2011, 15:31   #11
Senior - BHPian

Why am i not surprised ??? LOL
'Shreyans' is synonymous with danger and trouble.
Reading all horror stories on the forum i am extremely happy i did not buy the Audi when Audi Mumbai was under Shreyans. Porsche is on their way out too.
I guess with Lamborghini being under Auto Hangar in Bombay (which by the way offers fantastic service be it Merc or Linkway Honda) , Lambo owners would have a hassle free ownership and it would take the ragingbull surging ahead in terms of sales for the prancing horse to actually realize what kind of con-man they have tied up with and break their association with shreyans as well. Only then can Ferrari- Maserati truly start climbing.

Last edited by PlatzdaTurbo : 25th November 2011 at 15:33.
Old 25th November 2011, 16:02   #12
BHPian

Didnt supercar owners buy their cars knowing very well that service and usability on our roads will be troublesome. I mean supercars sell in uni digits, which does provide exclusivity and unparralleled attention but that means fewer dealerships/service centres.

And seeing the quality of fuel available at some outlets and the general conditions of the roads, its only logical that these cars will give more trouble in india than in other countries.

Last edited by revintup : 25th November 2011 at 16:03.
Old 25th November 2011, 16:42   #13
BHPian

Well the lift mechanism inthe car above has been fixed and the car is as good as new . But still a lot needs to be done with customers satisfaction . With regards to usability , not ALL roads are bad , Supercar owners choose the best roads in their city for eg mumbai the sealink , chennai the Ecr , Blr I am sure has some good parts nd Hyderabad has the ring road. Not all roads need to be good , but some yes . You choose the best available . But when it comes to service , I don't see a reason why it should be behind any other country as man power in India is still cheap compared to a lot f countries
Old 25th November 2011, 16:47   #14
BHPian

This needs to be escalated to the global heads of Ferrari. Unless this is done, they would not be able to know the issues that customers here in India are facing due to the so called "Shreyans".
Old 25th November 2011, 16:47   #15
Team-BHP Support

Apart from the dealer, Ferrari ought to have their official representation in India, right?

Are the Ferrari boys in India not aware/made aware of this?

It is extremely inappropriate to expect someone to buy a supercar and then have that person ship it to a diff. city at his cost to have it serviced. Inappropriate and terrible business ethics.

A lot of people would have lined up to buy a Ferrari to be a part of the elite club and with such a state of affairs, the first impression is going to spoil Ferrari's party.

I feel at least manufacturers of supercars should have COCO A.S.S.; that would instill a huge amount of confidence in the minds of prospective buyers.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks