Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2013, 00:17   #361
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
Insideman's Scuderia has been wrapped in white?? or was I dreaming??
Yes you're right, it's wrapped white. BHPian Gemballa had posted a pic on Instagram, it's removed now.
Rosso Corsa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th November 2013, 02:48   #362
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Pictures : Ferrari F430 Coupes/Spiders in Mumbai

Quote:
Insideman's Scuderia has been wrapped in white?? or was I dreaming??
I sure hope not. IMO, a special edition like the Scuderia is unique enough and shouldn't be tampered with at all. I wouldn't have even changed the alloys or put those LEDs in the engine bay. I believe it even had yellow film on the headlamps before, that looked hideous!

The itch to constantly modify the car in small or big way is dangerous.
Sahil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2013, 18:11   #363
Distinguished - BHPian

The stunning Ferrari F430 !
Attached Images

///RMan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st March 2014, 20:34   #364
BHPian

Police chief spots speeding Ferrari, car seized & owner arrested

Police chief nets 25-year-old speeding in Ferrari on sea link

From the news articles of the web :

A 25-year-old businessman was arrested by the police for rashly driving a car in the wee hours of Sunday.

The arrested person has been identified as John Postale, a resident of Peddar Road.

The seized car, a Ferrari, also caught the attention of police commissioner Rakesh Maria. Maria, while returning home from a function, stopped at the spot where the car was intercepted and took stock of the case.

Interestingly, the same vehicle was involved in a car-racing incident in March last year. In fact, a policeman from Worli police station was suspended for implicating the vehicle owner’s driver in that case.

According to Vinayak Deshmukh, deputy commissioner of police (Zone III), a nakabandi was put up near Atria Mall at Worli between 2.15am and 3.15am. “Around 2.30am, a Ferrari that was being driven at high speed southwards towards Haji Ali. The vehicle was intercepted by our team,” he said.

He added that a friend of Pascal was also present in the vehicle. “Postale was booked and arrested under section 279 of the Indian Penal Code for rash driving. He was later released on bail. The driver was not drunk,” Deshmukh said.

There were reports that the Ferrari overtook police chief Rakesh Maria’s vehicle and was later intercepted at the nakabandi. When asked about this, Deshmukh said, “The commissioner who was also traveling towards south, saw the car, made a few inquiries and left.”

“The driver did not have any papers related to the vehicle when it was caught. Hence, the vehicle was seized,” said senior police inspector Sunil Jain of Worli police station.

“In March last year, the same Ferrari was intercepted by the Worli police during a nakabandi while it was racing with another car. The incident had taken place at Worli sea face. In that case, a sub-inspector had implicated the drivers of the two intercepted cars. He was later suspended,” said Madhukar Pandey, additional commissioner of police, central region.
Attached Thumbnails
Pictures : Ferrari F430 Coupes/Spiders in Mumbai-11111.jpg  

rubicon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st April 2014, 00:35   #365
Distinguished - BHPian

This scuderia sure has proven to be unlucky for the owner.

Let's face it, every supercar owner speeds on the sealink and such cases are just gonna give cops another reason to trouble owners who aren't even driving rashly. Soon after the previous time this car was caught, I got pulled over by the cops at worli sea face when I was in my RS5. They claimed I was driving rashly when I was absolutely not cutting lanes nor was I speeding above 60km/hr at that time. Hence I gave them a piece of my mind however they admitted they had just sterotyped me to be rash as I had a loud exhaust(even though it's stock). Ridiculous chaps went on to claim that there were complaints of my car from residents even though I had not been on that road for more than 2 minutes! Luckily I got away and didn't fall prey to their bullying.
Sahil is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st April 2014, 09:19   #366
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post

Let's face it, every supercar owner speeds on the sealink and such cases are just gonna give cops another reason to trouble owners who aren't even driving rashly. Soon after the previous time this car was caught, I got pulled over by the cops at worli sea face when I was in my RS5. They claimed I was driving rashly when I was absolutely not cutting lanes nor was I speeding above 60km/hr at that time. Hence I gave them a piece of my mind however they admitted they had just sterotyped me to be rash as I had a loud exhaust(even though it's stock). Ridiculous chaps went on to claim that there were complaints of my car from residents even though I had not been on that road for more than 2 minutes! Luckily I got away and didn't fall prey to their bullying.

The minute I read the report onthe newspaper I knew it was the same Scuderia.

I feel really sad about you guys. Even after having the resources to buy such cars you guys can't use it to its full extent.
Can't you guys go in for group rides like how sports bikes go on Sundays ?
That will be a bit safer for each and everyone of you as the police will not be able to bully a single person.
Just my 2 cents!
Old 1st April 2014, 11:11   #367
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
..I got pulled over by the cops at worli sea face when I was in my RS5. They claimed I was driving rashly when I was absolutely not cutting lanes nor was I speeding above 60km/hr at that time. Hence I gave them a piece of my mind however they admitted they had just sterotyped me to be rash as I had a loud exhaust(even though it's stock)...
As a supercar owner yourself/ being amidst supercar owners can you suggest the frequency of such incidences wherein owners are pulled over by cops on suspicion of rash driving or loud exhausts?? Is it a regular affair that you guys have to deal with or are they just one offs??

I remember seeing a Gallardo Superleggera being pulled over 2 years ago down my house because it had a 'loud exhaust' and another time (a few years ago) when GS's Skyline was pulled over at pretty much the same spot.

Last edited by S2!!! : 1st April 2014 at 11:17.
Old 1st April 2014, 12:50   #368
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Let's face it, every supercar owner speeds on the sealink and such cases are just gonna give cops another reason to trouble owners who aren't even driving rashly.
I would say its the owners bad luck and the car has nothing to do with it.

We guys used to get questioned even for standing at carters or Worli and not having moved an inch..claims of speeding and disturbing the peace. The cops really look for anything to make money and brand all expensive car owners as rash or negligent drivers. The same morning as this 4 cars were out for a spin on the same road and no one was troubled. Its just being at the wrong place at the wrong time for some owners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean5545 View Post
I feel really sad about you guys. Even after having the resources to buy such cars you guys can't use it to its full extent.
Can't you guys go in for group rides like how sports bikes go on Sundays ?
That will be a bit safer for each and everyone of you as the police will not be able to bully a single person.
Just my 2 cents!
Thats the irony in India.

I don't quite agree..when you are driving alone no one hassles you..its when you are in a group..you get pulled over and harassed. The allegations of racing, being rash and the exhaust being modified are thrown at you. We do go for highway drives occasionally.

Quote:
As a supercar owner yourself/ being amidst supercar owners can you suggest the frequency of such incidences wherein owners are pulled over by cops on suspicion of rash driving or loud exhausts?? Is it a regular affair that you guys have to deal with or are they just one offs??

I remember seeing a Gallardo Superleggera being pulled over 2 years ago down my house because it had a 'loud exhaust' and another time (a few years ago) when GS's Skyline was pulled over at pretty much the same spot.
These are just one offs.

The superleggera was stopped by the cop to see the car using the pretext of the loud exhaust. The cars are pulled over as the cops want to see the cars and take pictures. We were stopped at the end of sea face, outside TAJ Colaba and various other locations as the cops wanted to see the cars and take pictures.
speedy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st April 2014, 16:41   #369
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I believe its the owner which is proving unlucky for the car. The owner didn't have car papers when he was pulled over which compounded the problem. What does car have to do with it? On top of that he was driving over & above speed limit that too going beside a police car, that's calling for trouble. Street roads aren't meant for speeding.

Quite a few Supercars have loud exhaust(Akrapovic, Kreissieg) which do sound good but driving them late night when everyone is trying to get a good night sleep is not all good.

Cops bullying. if you haven't done anything wrong you have nothing to worry about. No need to succumb to pressure of cops.

I hope Ferrari driver learns a good lesson.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2014, 19:59   #370

The only part which I feel is wrong , is the amount of media coverage this incident has recieved.
I mean this made it to the front page of the Times of India, for cryin' out loud.
Just because it was some young guy driving a very expensive car.
Guess you have to be prepared to face such situations if you own a Ferrari.
Old 1st April 2014, 22:44   #371
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Cops bullying. if you haven't done anything wrong you have nothing to worry about. No need to succumb to pressure of cops.

I hope Ferrari driver learns a good lesson.

Not succumbbng to pressure is far easier said than done. If you get hauled up by cops , are surrounded by score of them at times its better to go in for compounding of your offense, pay some money and move on. The folks who generally carry out such "nakabandis" will be more than glad to detain you for something more serious and the monetary outflow will be far greater. Besides they too have targets, a car owner with flash car makes for a good scapegoat. (source : personal experiences in similar situations)

As for the article, certain facts in that article seem to be misstated. For example: It says the driver was arrested. I'm no legal expert but based on my past experiences they don't arrest you especially in absence of any concrete evidence to prove that you were speeding or driving recklessly.

As for the lesson for the driver, maybe he was speeding maybe he wasn't so let's give him a benefit of doubt even if he does have a past record of being a hoonigan. Even the police probably don't have any evidence to prove that he actually did what they claim he did.

Last edited by Bookkeeper : 1st April 2014 at 22:47.
Old 2nd April 2014, 14:45   #372
BHPian

To be fair, he was out of luck when caught at Atria Mall that night. I myself was at Worli Sea Face and saw at least 4-5 other cars, including a GTR and an M5 going quite rapidly past.

The fact of the matter is, because it is a Ferrari or a Lamborghini or whatever the person is made a scapegoat as a tool for image boosting in the media.

If you go to Worli or the Sea Link at night you will see all kinds of people, in their Swifts, Zens, Esteems, Indicas and Elantras going well over a reasonable speed and putting themselves and the people around at risk. But these people are not caught and if they are it does not make the papers.

However, Mumbai Police being capable of catching/intercepting a Ferrari 430 Scuderia, now THAT makes for a massive press boost and it makes the cops look good. Hence the scapegoating of the owners.

Personally, I feel that Mr.Maria and his force would be better off imposing stricter road safety upon all members of public rather than just targeting the boys with the big toys and trying to make a scene out of it. It is much more risky to see a guy in an Indian car doing 140 on the Sea Link as his friends are all hanging out of the window.
Taronish_E is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2014, 09:03   #373
BHPian

More news about the Scuderia and it's owner here:
http://www.mumbaimirror.com/mumbai/c...w/33145555.cms
dean5545 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2014, 09:33   #374

Cancellation of driving license, thats so harsh.
I feel bad for the guy , its like being declared handicapped.
Can anyone of you shed light on if the cancellation of ones driving license is permanent or temporary ?
All this noise only because it was a Ferrari , we all better start driving tuned BMWs from now on.
Old 3rd April 2014, 09:36   #375
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean5545 View Post
More news about the Scuderia and it's owner here:
http://www.mumbaimirror.com/mumbai/c...w/33145555.cms
Luckily the owner took down his youtube channel long ago. Had it been noticed by the cops/ RTO earlier, much more stringent action would've been taken against him for the kind of lunacy he displayed with his previous car on the streets.

Most Viewed