Team-BHP - PIC : SLS roadster is here!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Super-Cars & Imports in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/)
-   -   PIC : SLS roadster is here! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/112982-pic-sls-roadster-here.html)

Only pic recd from a ghost. Enjoy.

That's a magnificent piece of machinery, I don't honestly think though a beige top goes with this color, in fact I would love it TOP LESS !!! lol:

I somehow still prefer the SLS with Gull wing doors.:)

She is has been eagerly awaited and a real beauty in person. The unfortunate part is mercedes has used the same design for all their new sportscars range and it kind of kills the appeal for me.
Here she is at the plant just before her PDI.

Quote:

Originally Posted by honda_dude (Post 2620007)
I somehow still prefer the SLS with Gull wing doors.:)

i have to agree with you.

that is what makes the car get the 300SL feel. now they go and make a convertible out of the SLS :Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedy (Post 2620164)
She is has been eagerly awaited and a real beauty in person. The unfortunate part is mercedes has used the same design for all their new sportscars range and it kind of kills the appeal for me.
Here she is at the plant just before her PDI.

Looks absolutely beautiful...like Jezza said, I like this car..only if it didn't have those outrageous doors... :Shockked:

Gotta agree with everyone though, the trademark of the SLS is the Gullwing door and without it, just looks like a massive saloon/sports car turned convertible :Frustrati

The main attraction of the SLS is its gullwing doors and this one doesn't have it! The car seems to have lost its identity. I don't like!

The beige top almost makes it looks like of those test mules which are all covered up and the substitution of the trademark Gull Wings is a complete let down.
Is the roof colour optional? I'd think so, because after making a car like the SLS, I can hardly imagine Mercedes themselves putting a beige roof on a car like that!

AFAIK this is MBIL demo / showcase car which will be showcased at the AUTO EXPO 2012. I have to agree with all that the trade mark of SLS is the gulwing doors and doesnt look too appealing to me with that beige top.

I would say i really like this car, with gullwing or not. But yeah its kind of a let down to see all the models like SLK, SL etc having similar design.

I saw this beauty at Dubai Motor Show, its an amazing car, very well proportioned and designed, have not lost any performance even after an additional weight of roof. Anyhow I would still pick Gull-wing over roadster. But I liked the new gear lever knob in roadster over Gull-wing.

Am I the only one who likes the roadster over the coupe? Its still an 'SLS AMG', I find it a little difficult to like a car based on 'how the doors open'.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fre2bpowerless (Post 2620737)
Am I the only one who likes the roadster over the coupe? Its still an 'SLS AMG', I find it a little difficult to like a car based on 'how the doors open'.

You have got company bro:)

I too would stick with the Gullwing.

That said, it does look good in white. But something awkward about the door design, doesn't gel with the rest of the car. Maybe it's the oversized door handles.

Is the brown one just here for the Expo like the Desert Edition which came down in 2010, or is it gonna stay?

Another pic. Enjoy.....