Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2012, 01:29   #31
BHPian

Re: DC Design to launch India’s first supercar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireblader85 View Post
Overheard from a reliable source
  • The car will be priced at Rs 24 lakhs confirmed.
  • Bookings begin 5th Jan 2012 and Deliveries begin end of the year.
  • 200 cars for the first year.

More details at the Auto Expo

Meanwhile here is leak as to what the car might look like

Attachment 862943
Looks promising, lets hope it has the go to match the show. BTW, those wheels are straight off a Porsche 911 Turbo. Hope they come up with an original design for the production version. This set doesn't suit the car at all.
Attached Thumbnails
DC Design to launch India’s first supercar *Update* Scoop pics on Page 2!-my_porsche_997421.jpg  

Last edited by Turbojc : 3rd January 2012 at 01:32.
Turbojc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2012, 05:52   #32
Senior - BHPian

Re: DC Design to launch India’s first supercar *Update* Scoop pics on Page 2!

The first official teaser from DC!
Attached Thumbnails
DC Design to launch India’s first supercar *Update* Scoop pics on Page 2!-dc-buddh.jpg  

Scorcher is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2012, 06:57   #33
BHPian

The roof line is very GTR-ish in the teaser, dont think its the same as the red car pictured on Page 2
Old 3rd January 2012, 07:34   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fre2bpowerless View Post
The roof line is very GTR-ish in the teaser, dont think its the same as the red car pictured on Page 2
I think otherwise, I think it is the same car, see the rear air intake, rounded 458'ish doors, that unusual line on the front fender is a dead giveaway. It's the same car
Old 3rd January 2012, 08:52   #35
BHPian

I have nothing against DC and the cut copy paste work that he does. But I do sincerely hope he understands that with this road going "Supercar" (under quotes because we are not yet sure of a lot of details and information about this vehicle) he is going to be playing with the life of many a enthusiast. Now coming from the design community I should be happy that a singular transportation design chap is going on to make a road going Supercar. But, this car coming from DC, having known the crappy quality of design of his past vehicles and his hideous interpretations of existing or past cars, I'm not too sure this vehicle is heading in the right direction either.

Please do regard this as a personal opinion, though I am open to comment.
Old 3rd January 2012, 09:16   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
The first official teaser from DC!
From the teaser pic its looks like the red one featured on this website.

Last edited by Somu2009 : 3rd January 2012 at 09:19. Reason: Want to delete
Old 3rd January 2012, 09:56   #37
BHPian

Any idea about the specifications of the car?And what about the chassis?Is it a tube or based on some other car?
Old 3rd January 2012, 10:13   #38
BHPian

It is really sad to see how some people react, when a person tries to do something out of the box. Most of the people here just blabber here about how unreliable the car is gonna be or how bad it is going to look. You will thrash a person when he makes super expensive buses and also if he tries to launch a low cost super car.

Granted most of his designs are weird but the thing is that he has made his name all around because of this weird automobiles. Instead of just sitting and passing judgements, lets just appreciate his efforts! However the car is going to look like, i really appreciate what Mr. DC is doing.
konjaril is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2012, 20:02   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by konjaril View Post
It is really sad to see how some people react, when a person tries to do something out of the box. Most of the people here just blabber here about how unreliable the car is gonna be or how bad it is going to look. You will thrash a person when he makes super expensive buses and also if he tries to launch a low cost super car.

Granted most of his designs are weird but the thing is that he has made his name all around because of this weird automobiles. Instead of just sitting and passing judgements, lets just appreciate his efforts! However the car is going to look like, i really appreciate what Mr. DC is doing.
We appreciate what he is 'trying' to do. But you do know all he does well is buses and innova/winger interiors.

But man, if you had any idea on how much R&D, time, money goes into making a car; you would agree that theres a very slim chance its going to be reliable, safe to use on the road (don't think Mr. DC is going to have his supercar crash tested), etc etc. And you too have to agree that its going to look bad.

We are not blabbering, it's called 'having an opinion'.

P.S. His company is called DC, that's not his name.
Old 3rd January 2012, 20:26   #40
BHPian

Note from Mod: There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the board experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use spell-checkers.

Last edited by GTO : 11th January 2012 at 12:13.
konjaril is offline   Received Infraction
Old 3rd January 2012, 20:41   #41
BHPian

I have read your previous posts and you've always commended others efforts , regardless of the outcome of their projects. Probably because you are in the same field but, you made us sound like some bored housewives with nothing better to do than gossip.

Agree, if someone makes/modifies a one-off car and then crash tests it, he would end up without a car. But his new car will be mass produced and there are serious doubts in our mind if his car would be road worthy. Like you said, he is a 'modifier' which 'some' skills at metal & fiberglass work.

Last edited by GTO : 11th January 2012 at 12:13. Reason: Quoted post has been deleted
fre2bpowerless is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2012, 12:12   #42
BHPian

Hey guys! This came on today's TOI. Seems like all show and very little go. Moreover, read the last paragraph. Supercar indeed !!
Attached Thumbnails
DC Design to launch India’s first supercar *Update* Scoop pics on Page 2!-dc-article1.jpg  

Turbojc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2012, 12:39   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Indeed a commendable job being done by DC. I've been his fan since long and was floored by the work done for Aston Martin Vanquish for James Bond movie Die Another Day which was done here in India.I remember how he had given them a working prototype when they were expecting just a model.(The story had featured in Autocar India in early 2000s.)
Old 4th January 2012, 12:55   #44
Senior - BHPian

If we go by the newspaper clip.... since when is a 2 litre FORD engine making 240bhp in supercar category?

and is the name Buddh or Avanti?
Old 4th January 2012, 14:44   #45
BHPian

Just a thought Instead of plonking 25L on something whose reliability and long term durablity is a question why not get a used Accord V6 for 6-9L or Brand new accord V6 with 280+bhp on tap for 32L

Know reliability + Durablity

But at the end it all depends what are the final specs of the Avanti and how it behaves in real time.

OT- Avanti sounds real cool.

Last edited by jatinpatel : 4th January 2012 at 14:45.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks