Team-BHP - Spotted: 2012 Mercedes Benz ML
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Super-Cars & Imports in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/)
-   -   Spotted: 2012 Mercedes Benz ML (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/113523-spotted-2012-mercedes-benz-ml.html)

Spotted the New Mercedes Benz ML at the Air Cargo complex in Mumbai.
Its surely taken some extra time to actually make it to our shores. The vehicle looked bigger in size than the one it replaces, at least visually. I am not well versed with the real time specs. Looking at the current generation Mercedes Benz vehicles i feel they could have done a better job with the exterior design. Just have a feeling that this design will age sooner than it should.
Also noticed a storage next to the ML with a Nano like car inside. It looked like an electric vehicle and had LED rear lamps. Before i could get a better view the guys next to the storage noticed my attention and closed the storage.
Mods: Shift this elsewhere if this is not appropriate.

Here is a picture. Please don't mind the picture quality. All i had was a Blackberry to click this one.

Spotted: 2012 Mercedes Benz ML-img00750201112011247.jpg

Great Catch! Should be launched soon. It has taken quite a while to come here. Also heard that Mercedes was trying the CKD route for this, would lower the prices by 2-3L atleast.

This will be for the Auto Expo

Quote:

Originally Posted by fx45 (Post 2601420)
This will be for the Auto Expo

Agree with you on that one. Mercedes Benz should have a decent size stall like always with most of their product line up present.

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Doesn't look good to me. The earlier one was more SUV-ish! This looks a bit like the GLK.

The next GL-Class also is getting this pale-front end styling. Front looks too much like a minivan.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anand123 (Post 2601837)
Doesn't look good to me. The earlier one was more SUV-ish! This looks a bit like the GLK.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fx45 (Post 2601851)
The next GL-Class also is getting this pale-front end styling. Front looks too much like a minivan.

With the rear quarter glass + front guard eliminated - side profile looks almost like an E class sedan! :eek: Bad design upgrade from Mercedes Benz, IMHO. No muscular touches in the design language at all!

Just look at the rear wheel arches! :Frustrati

Pardon the poor PS work. Just eliminating the rear quarter glass + front bull bar (or whatever its called).
Spotted: 2012 Mercedes Benz ML-img00750201112011247.jpg

From the wind shield wiper marks I think its a LHD, if so its a display car for Auto Expo. I've seen the new ML in person from Dubai, the exterior design may be debatable, but I felt its character line is more masculine than in photo. There is a vast improvement in interior design & build quality.

As being discussed the styling is surely conservative and it looks like Mercedes Benz has done that deliberately (with reasons unknown to me).

However one look at the spec sheet has an absolutely different story to tell. In spite of the increase in size over the older car, Mercedes has been able to reduce weight compared with the previous gen car. Hence, there is an improvement in all areas mentioned below -

1. CO2
2. 0-62mph
4. Top speed
3. Efficiency

All the above mentioned improvements are better than the current 3 litre diesel versions of the BMW X5 and the Porsche Cayenne.
Correct me if i am wrong, but that makes those figures class leading.
So the vehicle does have something going for it.

Some detailed shots received from a ghost.

Thanks for sharing that Sid.

I somehow like the present generation more than this one. The interiors, I admit has vastly improved, but they have completely lost the plot when it came to the exterior, especially the rear.

Being LHD, I guess, this would be here just for the show. Couldn't they even arrange an RHD car for an RHD country, eh?

By the way, a thread already exists on the topic - Link

Mods note: Thread merged.

RHD variants have not started production as yet so I understand. Purpose is to make folks aware about the new ML and gauge inputs