Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2008, 04:56   #136
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
As soon as someone has solid proof, or a mention of another sighting (increases credibility) please PM me and i will either add it to, or reopen this thread.
There is a red/black one in bombay. I have seen it myself. The owner was driving it and he is VERY famous here .

Last edited by Rehaan : 23rd February 2008 at 06:03.
Old 23rd February 2008, 06:05   #137
Team-BHP Support

Nice.
I believe there is (or atleast was) a veyron.

However, this thread is going to have to stay closed until we get some pictures as proof.

cya
R
Old 4th May 2008, 19:57   #138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cncity View Post
Who owns the other ferrari then ? The red ferrari is owned by Ranjit, i believe.
I got the names of these owners from a guy who knows all of them, he's in their circle. There is greyish BMW 7 series as well as the white hummer owned shown on earlier pages by his friend, he showed me pics of it.

He is the one from whom i came to know about the Bugatti coming in B'lore - its custom built , so it will be RHD and coming in for 12 crores by this year end. The exact date is sometime before x'mas ( he didnt want the exact date to be disclosed).
Wow! first Bugatti in India. Cool.. Although I fail to believe that bugatti would make the only RHD veyron till date ( or so I believe) for Indian use.
Old 4th May 2008, 20:50   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksreturns View Post
Wow! first Bugatti in India. Cool.. Although I fail to believe that bugatti would make the only RHD veyron till date ( or so I believe) for Indian use.
I think any car company will make them. If RR can make custom built cars, so can Bugatti especially if you are ready to pay a premium.
Old 4th May 2008, 21:04   #140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cncity View Post
I think any car company will make them. If RR can make custom built cars, so can Bugatti especially if you are ready to pay a premium.

Buddy you are really talking of very different things. By custom cars by RR I guess you mean that LWB or custom interiors or paint, right?
Here we are talking of Buggati making a Right Hand Drive car , which they have never done till date. Let me explain to you why so, because if I leave this hear incomplete, then you really wouldn't understand the concept and go about proclaiming things.

Bugatti is owned by VW (Volkswagen) . They never intended to make the Veyron. It was just a concept. But due to immense popularity of the car, they decided to make the car. VW, as per what I remember, ,makes the car for 7 million pounds or euros, and then sells it for 1.5 mil. So, they suffer a loss. But they still make it due to the demand in the market.

Now making a brand new veyron, in RHD , which as I said, they have never done before, just for a single client , is really not what any car manufacturer would do. Why? Because making a LHD car, into a RHD is a cumbersome and expensive task in it self. Do you not think some Arab shiekh would have got one in RHD by now if he wanted to?

I am not saying that the person whom you say is getting a Veyron in India isn't wealthy enough to influence a big company, but please don't take me wrong, he/she can not be more influential or wealthy than a rich Arab Sheikh.

The point is, getting a LHD veyron in India, some how is more plausible and possible. But getting it in RHD , is some what not digestible. Not that it isn't possible. I have faith in the fact that it can be done, but more so that not, it can't be.

I do not wish to discourage you in any way. Please feel free to post here. But at the same time, please do have an open mind set to understand certain concepts and accept them.

I hope you now understand why it is really implausible to get a RHD veyron.

Last edited by ecksreturns : 4th May 2008 at 21:05.
Old 5th May 2008, 09:49   #141
BHPian

@ Ecksreturns. Totally agree with you on that. People are ignorant and dont know the entire facts, but still post.
Old 5th May 2008, 11:14   #142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Do you not think some Arab shiekh would have got one in RHD by now if he wanted to?

I am not saying that the person whom you say is getting a Veyron in India isn't wealthy enough to influence a big company, but please don't take me wrong, he/she can not be more influential or wealthy than a rich Arab Sheikh.
AFAIK.. Saudi Arabia, UAE Oman have LHD cars.
Old 5th May 2008, 11:28   #143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_foot View Post
AFAIK.. Saudi Arabia, UAE Oman have LHD cars.

What I meant to say was that lets suppose a Wealthy Arab has his son studying in London. London has no specific rule for LHD or RHD cars but RHD cars are more common there.. Correct?

So if that Arab gentleman wanted the Veyron in RHD for his son, wouldn't he have got one by now , provided Bugatti were willing to build one?

Which is why I said that since the clientile in RHD countries (England,Aussie) are happy using the Veyron in LHD , there is no question of a one - off RHD veyron. This is because they are in normal production. By which I mean , the RHD Veyron isn't a one off (P4/5 Glickenhaus) edition that would be built for only a single client) .
Old 5th May 2008, 16:50   #144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What I meant to say was that lets suppose a Wealthy Arab has his son studying in London. London has no specific rule for LHD or RHD cars but RHD cars are more common there.. Correct?

So if that Arab gentleman wanted the Veyron in RHD for his son, wouldn't he have got one by now , provided Bugatti were willing to build one?

Which is why I said that since the clientile in RHD countries (England,Aussie) are happy using the Veyron in LHD , there is no question of a one - off RHD veyron. This is because they are in normal production. By which I mean , the RHD Veyron isn't a one off (P4/5 Glickenhaus) edition that would be built for only a single client) .
Even still, the P 4/5 was not built by Ferrari themselves, which just goes to amplify further the point about the unlikelyhood of a RHD Veyron built by Bugatti and Bugatti alone.
Old 5th May 2008, 19:51   #145
BHPian

The Middle East is LHD, and why would an Arab gentleman go through the trouble of getting a RHD Veyron in London since the UK has no specific rule anyway.

A RHD Veyron does seem a bit far fetched but probably possible...

If such a conversion did take place it would have to be done by VW themselves as I doubt the secondary market has the skills to undertake a job of this magnitude.
Old 6th May 2008, 00:29   #146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1orren1 View Post
The Middle East is LHD, and why would an Arab gentleman go through the trouble of getting a RHD Veyron in London since the UK has no specific rule anyway.

A RHD Veyron does seem a bit far fetched but probably possible...

If such a conversion did take place it would have to be done by VW themselves as I doubt the secondary market has the skills to undertake a job of this magnitude.

That was a supposition on my part brother.

Yep, completely agree there.
Old 6th May 2008, 00:44   #147
BHPian

12 crores for a car...god, some people dont know what to do with cash these days..
Old 6th May 2008, 01:50   #148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaKnight View Post
12 crores for a car...god, some people dont know what to do with cash these days..
Any way to let them know that poor souls like me exist?
12 crores! Pheww!!!
Old 6th May 2008, 11:28   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
12 crores! Pheww!!!
Nitin: And I. Can't imagine such price levels. Imagine what it must mean to a person who struggles for their next meal.
Old 7th May 2008, 00:13   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
12 crores! Pheww!!!
me too in the bandwagon.....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks