Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2010, 19:29   #166
Senior - BHPian

Oh my God! A Veyron in amchi Mumbai ?! Well well whos the lucky guy ?! Why isn't the press all over him ? Why is he not in the news ? Where is Aaj tak ?
Old 23rd June 2010, 19:38   #167
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
It's actually Rs.17 crores after all duties+tax
Omg 17 crores unleashed in Indian roads. I thought it was 12 crores after all duties. Someone please snap it and do the first honours. Dippy, you listening?
Old 23rd June 2010, 19:53   #168
BHPian

Rs 18 crores...? I believe I need a drink and a couple of M5's

Screeching hot news!!!
Old 23rd June 2010, 20:22   #169
BHPian

The article in BS Motoring says...2 more ordered by a business tycoon in southern India - I will not be surprised if it is the DC guy!!!
Old 23rd June 2010, 20:52   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Not on carnet. It is here to stay. LHD and registered. Its an official import.
What exemption was made to allow a LHD car to be registered? Or was it the pure RS amount in duty that the Indian government just couldn't resist?
Old 23rd June 2010, 21:05   #171
EP.
BHPian

at 16 crores, its a sin to own a Veyron. Heaven or Hell?
Old 23rd June 2010, 21:19   #172
BHPian

So someone finally spend 16 very big ones on a car which will do a maximum of 1000 miles on the clock in a country where he can not even unleash half its potential. And honestly I will not be surprised if he is chauffeured in it. Smart Move. But a long debate on team-bhp is finally put to an end. The only thing I am interested in is the cars registration number (Dont know why)

PS: Only my point of view. Dont want people to throw comments ( or bricks ) on me.
Old 23rd June 2010, 22:01   #173
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ze Ztig View Post
The article in BS Motoring says...2 more ordered by a business tycoon in southern India - I will not be surprised if it is the DC guy!!!
Exactly my thoughts. Since he has over a dozen Bentley's, it really won't surprise me if he gets a couple of Veyron's.
Old 23rd June 2010, 22:37   #174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshaymahajan View Post
The only thing I am interested in is the cars registration number (Dont know why)
May be, when you see people spending a hefty amount of money to get their favorite VIP registration for their Accords and Fortuners, you want to see what sort of money this guy is willing to shell out for his Veyron's registration?

Honestly, I am interested in this aspect too. When this car has laid out way for LHD cars to come to India, I will like to see more of exotic stuff such as Zonda, Koenigsegg and Enzo on Indian tarmac.
Old 23rd June 2010, 23:22   #175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkanitkar View Post

OT : Great news apart - did anyone notice the indian map on that website ?
PS: Have mailed them 'bout a correction in the map.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~~h View Post
Alarmingly J&K is missing; time to write to VW.
What the hell do these guys think of them selves with the map going wrong and stuff. Earlier China issued exclusive VISA for the State of Kashmir to Kashmiris on China trip and then map of India is different on Google.com and Google.co.in and then this. Why doesn't the world accept that it is an integral part of us ?

Look for yourself.
I too have written about this to Buggati. How dare they spur up sentiments. I'm not buying this car anymore. Na-a not interested.
Attached Thumbnails
Bugatti Veyron In India EDIT: Official launch pics on pg 20-map-india.jpg  

Old 23rd June 2010, 23:24   #176
Senior - BHPian

So will there be a Bugatti showroom in Delhi? And will Exclusive Motors(official partners of Lamborghini and Bentley) handle the sales?
Old 24th June 2010, 00:02   #177
BHPian

I remember writing about this a few months back, had mentioned that the dealership was thru , and the thread was cut off , because of whatever, i do not want to talk about . But now with pleasure... i can say that its true

ps: Long time guys
Old 24th June 2010, 00:08   #178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Didnt I say so? It wont be really tough to spot the car but rest assured it will come out only late nights. Finally something exclusive after all the Ferraris and Lamborghinis.

Now I really want to see an Enzo in India.
Hahaha, Dippy it will be really hard to spot as the car is yet not registered. The late night for the owner is early morning for us .

You can get close with a 458 Italia in a few months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkanitkar View Post

great news that !
Someone buying a car worth 8Cr boggles my mind to the limit.
Buying no bought yes and not 8 cr thats only the duty amount of the car. It is for 17.5 cr on road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smalhotra_93 View Post
That is AWESOME news man !
I'm going to mumbai on the 26th . So i'm hoping that i spot it because i'll be with friends , late night parties , all hippy places . I'm hoping to spot a big number of exotics and also looking forward to meet some BHPians
The owner does not party that much and he has his fixed places where he goes and they are not hippy places for sure.

Quote:
It's actually Rs.17 crores after all duties+tax
You missed the .5 along with the 17 crores. 7.5 cr is the car + 8 cr duty and 2 cr registration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raja View Post
Is the Veyron just visiting or has it transferred residency here?
(Is the car here on Carnet or here permanently?)
It is a permanant resident of Mumbai.

Quote:
Not on carnet. It is here to stay. LHD and registered. Its an official import.
Yes sir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Oh my God! A Veyron in amchi Mumbai ?! Well well whos the lucky guy ?! Why isn't the press all over him ? Why is he not in the news ? Where is Aaj tak ?
Thats because high end clientle names are not disclosed and the person is a low profile person in press matters and he also has enough clout to make the press right nothing even if they see him in the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ze Ztig View Post
As far as i know one garage was being cleaned up to make place for the Veyron. Its not yet the DC guys turn. One car a year is sanctioned to India so i guess the Third owner would have to wait for 2012 for his car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Exactly my thoughts. Since he has over a dozen Bentley's, it really won't surprise me if he gets a couple of Veyron's.
They have Rolls Royces and Bentleys combined to make a dozen and that too between three families and not one individual. So a couple of veyrons would be out of the question. I guess one will do fine considering it is four and a half Phantoms in the price bracket.

Quote:
So will there be a Bugatti showroom in Delhi? And will Exclusive Motors(official partners of Lamborghini and Bentley) handle the sales?
No, there would not even be a Display car in Delhi and yes the official importers of the Veyron are Exclusive motors, who will handle the sales.
Old 24th June 2010, 00:45   #179
Senior - BHPian

OT: This much money spent on a car!! Bash me up guys and I know poverty can never be eradicated but this much amount of money would have brought some temporary smiles on face of few thousand underprivileged people. Just my thoughts.
Old 24th June 2010, 01:00   #180
Senior - BHPian

Ambani's $50 million dollar airbus corporate jet would have bought permanent smiles on thousands of faces but nobody is saying anything are they?we should keep this line of reason out of here,just be happy that there is a Veyron coming here!

Sorry for going OT.

Most Viewed