Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2010, 18:40   #301
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Drive View Post
Insane prices, BUGATTI is not a very well know brand in India, I think they should have prices it reasonably (Say 5 to 7 C) I personally feel Rolls Royce has a better badge value here.
5cr?
are you kidding me? It costs well over $1 million without taxes but the actual cost these cars go for worldwide are close to 2$ million a piece . With the 110% duty , 16cr is very much possible!
btw the transmission reportedly costs $120,000=54 lakhs without taxes!
And regarding brand , the clients who usually buy this are very well informed and knowledgeable about the cars so i doubt that its going to a issue.
Personally( if someone gives me the money! ) i would get a Pagani Zonda or a koenigsegg which look and sound more exotic!
Old 29th October 2010, 19:53   #302
BHPian

Whoa!!! that is a whopper of a price. I wonder who is going to shell out appx 20 cr on road for these beauties. You can buy 2-3 Ferraris' for that much price.
Old 29th October 2010, 20:03   #303
BHPian

Dont forget that it takes only 13 mins to the car to run out of fuel and only 15 mins to run out of tyres...!

Better keep this in mind before ordering. (If anyone is!)

Thanks
Old 29th October 2010, 21:34   #304
Senior - BHPian

That is when its running at 407 kmph per hr!Suffice to say i dont think that will happen here in India.
Old 29th October 2010, 23:37   #305
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Drive View Post
Insane prices, BUGATTI is not a very well know brand in India, I think they should have prices it reasonably (Say 5 to 7 C) I personally feel Rolls Royce has a better badge value here.
oh c'mon! Someone who's buying a BUGATTI knows what it is to own one!!! And Veyron for 5-7cr? You kiddin' right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by racingmachine View Post
Whoa!!! that is a whopper of a price. I wonder who is going to shell out appx 20 cr on road for these beauties. You can buy 2-3 Ferraris' for that much price.
Actually you can buy 8 Ferraris at that price
Old 29th October 2010, 23:44   #306
Senior - BHPian

Could someone please put some light on the LHD part.
Old 30th October 2010, 01:39   #307
Senior - BHPian

The Government of India has decided to grant special 'case-by-case' approval for the import of LHD Veyron's. This if the first time after 2002 where LHD cars are being allowed to be imported officially.

Of course, the addition of 7-8 Crores of Duty to the Governments' coffers also tends to help move things along.
Old 30th October 2010, 09:13   #308
BHPian

Any indian who has the money to buy a veyron , is probably better off buying one in Dubai and building a house in the desert. Beats driving a 16 cr car and letting it get scratched by autos and pesky two wheelers.
but we all would love to see one on indian roads, now wouldn't we ?
Old 30th October 2010, 10:24   #309
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

As indicated in the Imports spotted in Ahmedabad and the rest of Gujarat!! thread, there is a veyron delivered to a business man in Ahmedabad already. Its a private import and not via the showroom. I know the residence and the family quite well. Only hoping to get a sneak peak and some pics. Will keep this thread posted.

Cheers!!

Last edited by v12 : 1st November 2010 at 01:02. Reason: Removing references of the member and pointing to the original post.
Old 30th October 2010, 14:28   #310
Senior - BHPian

So what's the count on Veyrons in India now... 3? Are owners opting for then Grandsport version or for the regular hardtop?
Old 31st October 2010, 09:49   #311
BHPian

Guys chk the CannonBall Club page on FB. 2 vids and 1 pic of veyron out on the road.

Login | Facebook

Login | Facebook

Login | Facebook
Old 31st October 2010, 12:27   #312
BHPian

It was hilarious to see the Veyron speed away in the 2nd video, and then stopped by the bikers entering the road. This is what is going to happen to it, all over India.

Any how nice effort in shooting the video.
Old 31st October 2010, 12:38   #313
Senior - BHPian

Spotted the Veyron last night on the lunar surfaces (nee roads) of Gurgaon:
Attached Thumbnails
Bugatti Veyron In India EDIT: Official launch pics on pg 20-67616_448619216103_682406103_5863328_8117035_n.jpg  

Bugatti Veyron In India EDIT: Official launch pics on pg 20-72484_448619806103_682406103_5863343_1395004_n.jpg  

Old 31st October 2010, 13:53   #314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muditgrover View Post
Dont forget that it takes only 13 mins to the car to run out of fuel and only 15 mins to run out of tyres...!
The tyres are hand made by a company which makes aeroplane tyres, and will last about 4 to 6000 miles. Since nobody will be able to touch high speeds in India, tyres may last more.

All 4 tyres will need to be replaced simultaneously. In UK, the replacement cost is about £ 20,000. So you can estimate the cost in India.

The tyres are very very special tyres as they need to handle the super high speeds as well as they need to provide a comfortable ride while moving at slow speed in town. BMW should note that they are not Run Flats.

It was hilarious to see the heading on the ibnlive news where they have labelled it as a 'Super Luxury' car

Europe price is about Euro 1.4 million, so the 16 crore price tag in India is fair, considering the duties involved.

It costs about 5 million euro to VW to produce every Veyron, so they incur a massive loss on every car. The only reason they are producing this car is to show their engineering capabilities and to prove that this can be done. As VW will produce only 300 + Veyrons, the price thereafter of used cars should actually appreciate than the original price (my personal opinion), so it makes a good investment though nobody will buy it for this purpose.

The car has actually two V8 engines joined together to make one 8 liter W16 engine producing 987 bhp and 922 lb ft of torque. The engine actually produces 3000 bhp but the rest is wasted in heat. To cool down the engine, the car has 10 yes 10 radiators. When the engine was first tested on the test bed, engineers did not know what to expect and it nearly burnt down the building's ventilation system.

Because a plane takes off at 250 kmph, most of the technologies employed in this car are actually aeroplane technologies which makes the car so expensive.

Unlike other super cars which throw tantrums very frequently, Bugatti is a reliable car which can be easily used as a day to day car in town.

I shall post more facts later.
Old 31st October 2010, 15:19   #315
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akj53 View Post
... As VW will produce only 300 + Veyrons, the price thereafter of used cars should actually appreciate than the original price (my personal opinion), so it makes a good investment though nobody will buy it for this purpose.

Unlike other super cars which throw tantrums very frequently, Bugatti is a reliable car which can be easily used as a day to day car in town.

I shall post more facts later.
im not quite sure of the first point.. i do see your point of view, and thought so too, but read this article.. here a Veyron at Barett Jacksons was auctioned for around 700k USD.
AUTOMOTIVE - AUTOS: Bugatti Buyer Reneges After Sale - SPEEDtv.com

the second point however, i couldnt agree more!! im tired of people who keep saying the Bugatti is over-rated, and that they are better off buying some Italian supercar..
im sorry, but ive lost count on how many fezzas and lambos have burnt down to crisp!!
how many Veyrons has anyone seen with such failures? besides one minor incident in lebanon, i have personally never read or heard of any Veyron breaking down..
also i doubt any other hypercar offering as much performance in as much comfort..
the Veryon is expensive, but definitely not overpriced..

Last edited by bivin : 31st October 2010 at 15:25.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks