Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2006, 23:10   #31
Senior - BHPian

U-N-B-E-L-I-E-V-A-B-L-E-!-!-!

Mav, we're all believing this news only because its from U and u know how much we respect ur words.

This news has really broken the jinx that Indians can't afford super-duper cars!!

PS: Who's getting the Enzo in?? I'll work for him for free!

Last edited by nitrous : 17th March 2006 at 23:13.
Old 17th March 2006, 23:10   #32
Senior - BHPian

Gordon looks like the word Veyron sent you into a state of amnesia
Old 17th March 2006, 23:19   #33
Team-BHP Support

veyron sheyron....when do I get to see the only supercar that counts - the Mclaren F1 - on Indian roads?
Old 17th March 2006, 23:26   #34
Senior - BHPian

Rt

Well you never know. A thread might just start "Mclaren F1 in Mumbai" and there ya go .

Of course there is no doubting Maverick's and his info source, Mav has always given us some great scoop news time and again. But this time lets just wait a while and see how much substance is there in the Veyron claim. Lets wait until atleast one of us or Mav sees it in the flesh.
Old 17th March 2006, 23:26   #35
Senior - BHPian

The McLaren F1...Ive had the pleasure of seeing two. My life is nearly made. Now for ownership.
Old 17th March 2006, 23:29   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous
U-N-B-E-L-I-E-V-A-B-L-E-!-!-!

Mav, we're all believing this news only because its from U and u know how much we respect ur words.

This news has really broken the jinx that Indians can't afford super-duper cars!!

PS: Who's getting the Enzo in?? I'll work for him for free!
Enzo, CGT, SLR cant be brought into india legally...untl your company is posting you here and you happen to own them abroad and you have come here for a short period, like an expat or somehting..other than that not allowed..due to only LHD versions...

Veyron, Pagani, Koenigsegg are made in RHD..and so is Saleen S7 TT but thats lower than any car i just mentioned..so if a Zonda F couldnt get out of a parking lot in london then how can we drive the S7 TT here which is lower than that..
Old 17th March 2006, 23:31   #37
Senior - BHPian

oh btw a quick question i know india govt doesnt allow LHD cars but what about CHD?? hehe! ala McLaren F1 center seat design? what would they do then?
Old 17th March 2006, 23:31   #38
Senior - BHPian

Wasn't that a docking port in France?
Old 17th March 2006, 23:32   #39
BHPian

Damn!!! Thank God im in bombay.........loving it....wanna see it!!!!!!!!!
Old 18th March 2006, 00:20   #40
Senior - BHPian

well...i'm speechless.....

the only sight i wanna see- the owner bringing the mighty bugatti till the expressway in a tata 407, rolling it down to the concrete, and thundering away to 300...just once...hey, it only takes 16 seconds, so that's pretty much possible...pity that i would be able to see the beauty only for the first 4seconds or so...

mav, i'm coming....
Old 18th March 2006, 00:28   #41
BHPian

VERY NICE NEWS;I am glad to hear that .I think India has got that car before China or Japan.Is it the First in Asia?????????If YES I am glad to know it.I remeber Bugatti's Chairamn told months ago in interview that they are looking to India about selling thei cars.That's incredible.I am happy to know a Bugatti Veyron has landed in INDIA.THE BEST SUPERCAR EVER BUILT.It has got a amazing interior everything is so well made inside only by hand.I am one of few bangla people who went inside at paris Motorshow in 2004.It was amazing simply
Old 18th March 2006, 00:53   #42
Senior - BHPian

This is awesome news. How on earth did they manage to get a LHD in here? Or was it bought by someone with enough clout (like the person who was reported to have got the XLR) to bypass everything?
Old 18th March 2006, 00:55   #43
Senior - BHPian

Normally I would have refused to belive such news, but considering the source (Mav) I won't dismiss it.
(BTW 1st April is approaching)

Quote:
Wasn't that a docking port in France?
It was hotel parking in Paris & all 3 supercars had problem there including FordGT

Quote:
He should also build a race track so that he can drive it...and a gas station too
You never know he might already have.

Quote:
the only sight i wanna see- the owner bringing the mighty bugatti till the expressway in a tata 407, rolling it down to the concrete, and thundering away to 300...just once...hey, it only takes 16 seconds, so that's pretty much possible...pity that i would be able to see the beauty only for the first 4seconds or so...
ofcourse in those 16 seconds owner will reach Pune
Old 18th March 2006, 00:59   #44
BHPian

Veyron.. i cant believe it.. hard to be true.. but ***.. cant yet believe it
Old 18th March 2006, 01:08   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo
This is awesome news. How on earth did they manage to get a LHD in here? Or was it bought by someone with enough clout (like the person who was reported to have got the XLR) to bypass everything?
y do you need to bypass anything, there are ways of getting it..

One is Through embassy, if you work for them
2nd is if you are an expat and brought the car temporarily for few years
3rd get it converted, XLR is easy car to convert

and as for the Veyron, it was going to be available in RHD...

But i personally feel its really unfair on our govt's part to disallow LHD cars, it was done as meassure to prevent used car market dumping and also to reduce competition and have the companies who want to bring their cars produce in india..

but its is unfair because there are cars that are just made in LHD and could never be in a segment to challenge any indian produced cars..so just like the govt came up with 40k USD price threshold for homologation, they should do the same for LHD cars.
Eg. You can bring LHD cars into India if and only if they are made in only LHD and have an invoice price tag(not MSRP) of over 150-200k USD, their pick..

I think this would be very fair...other parts of the world allow this and i cant imagine why cant india..this would really give a boom to the exotic segment which would never be causing an issue to dumping or threat to india manufacturers..

Last edited by 1Day : 18th March 2006 at 01:14.

Most Viewed