Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2006, 15:44   #76
BANNED

ok guys guys guys... unless someone puts up CONCRETE evidence that the car is here or on its way here , I think this thread is rather like having a really bad APRIL FOOLS joke
Old 19th March 2006, 15:50   #77
BHPian

i hope to hell its not; i've really got my hopes high because of this post......
Old 19th March 2006, 15:58   #78
BANNED

a bugatti may get stuck like a pivot on our local speedbreakers even with the damper setings made extremely hard. the cars so low. also due to the horrible mileage on that car im sure one wouldnt be able to complete even a one way trip from colaba to thane on a single full tank of fuel.one may get stranded in the midst of traffic with and empty tank.there was news somewhile bak in the times of india that bugatti is gonna be available in india officialy too but cannot figure out logically how will that be possible when i havent herd of any right hand drive veyrons made.im sure the first rhd veyron will be seen in london before anyother place. havnt seen any as yet.not even in australia.o agree with bad boy.
Old 19th March 2006, 16:08   #79
Jay
BHPian

Say what..... a BUGATTI VEYRON..... in INDIA...

any news of sightings ??? is he ever going to drive it on indian roads ? if yes, then i guess he'll have to pay more to maintain it than how much he paid to buy it...
Old 19th March 2006, 22:11   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2L8uLoose
ok guys guys guys... unless someone puts up CONCRETE evidence that the car is here or on its way here , I think this thread is rather like having a really bad APRIL FOOLS joke

Have patience dude.. this thing is so well covered up that it might take ages to see the beast or someone might see it tonight.. or suit urself and consider it as an april fools joke..
Old 20th March 2006, 06:33   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick5490
Have patience dude.. this thing is so well covered up that it might take ages to see the beast or someone might see it tonight.. or suit urself and consider it as an april fools joke..
hey mav what about my PM?
Old 20th March 2006, 14:19   #82
BHPian

This info is false!!

Hey guys, I wrote an e-mail to Bugatti Contact about the Veyron landing here. And I received a fast reply. Ahead is my e-mail and their response... The whole thing is not true...

__________________________________________________ __________________________

Dear Mr. Thakurdesai,
sorry, but this is a wrong information. Neither we have any customer in India yet nor do we have any drive-event in India at the moment.

Marco Gürtler
Bugatti Automobiles S.A.S.
Marketing & Sales Executive
1, Chateau Saint Jea
Dorlisheim
67120 Molsheim
France

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Alok Thakurdesai [mailto:alok.thakurdesai@gmail.com
Gesendet: Freitag, 17. März 2006 20:06
An: Guertler, Marco (EXTERN: GUERTL)
Betreff: Bugatti Veyron in India

- Hide quoted text -
Respected Sir,
I have recieved word that a Wine red Bugatti Veyron has landed in Bombay, India on Tuesday. All I would want to know is whether this news is true or not. You may not reveal the name, thats for sure. But I would really appreciate it if you just told me whether this is true or not. The answer would even be appreciated in just a YES or NO form... Awaiting Reply.

Thanking you,
--
Alok Thakurdesai

__________________________________________________ ____________________________

Maverick, I guess the info was wrong then!! April 1 st is coming close after all!!

Last edited by torqueunlimited : 20th March 2006 at 14:24.
Old 20th March 2006, 14:31   #83
Senior - BHPian

Thanx torqueunlimited. Cant it be a second hand car which the person most have brought?

Damn i dont want to believe you torqueunlimited. I was so excited about seeing a Veyron from even a far distance.

You broke my heart
Old 20th March 2006, 14:35   #84
BHPian

Kya kare yaar, its one news even I wanted to believe and almost did!!
Old 20th March 2006, 14:44   #85
BHPian

It can very well be a new car imported under change in address scheme.
The owner might have baught the car at his Non- Indian residence address and then imported it to motherland by mentioning that he is shifting his address. And in that case i don't think the company will have that info of a bugati veyron landing.

I trust Mav and his sources are also trustworthy. so before calling it a fake or wrong news we might wait for some time.
Old 20th March 2006, 14:50   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinner
It can very well be a new car imported under change in address scheme.
The owner might have baught the car at his Non- Indian residence address and then imported it to motherland by mentioning that he is shifting his address. And in that case i don't think the company will have that info of a bugati veyron landing.

I trust Mav and his sources are also trustworthy. so before calling it a fake or wrong news we might wait for some time.
Yep i agree with you man
Old 20th March 2006, 14:56   #87
BHPian

Thats possible, yes. But don't you think Bugatti will keep track of such things also? I mean its an exclusive car for the company. And not that I'm against, not at all... But this letter is from the Marketing and Sales rep of Bugatti itself... I trust Mav and his sources also... Anyways, I guess if this ain't enough, we just gonna have to wait...
Old 20th March 2006, 15:18   #88
BHPian

Hey torque, I dont think the company is going to tell you if the car has really landed in India or no.The car is itself so exclusive that we know only the rich and the famous are gona buy it and if the owner doesnt want anybody to know about it naturally you dont expect the company to tell you the whereabouts of their exclusive cars and loose out on some real big time customers....and as far as Maverick has said he has his reputation at stake here .. do you think it can be a joke ?????

Cheers....
Old 20th March 2006, 15:58   #89
BHPian

I sent them another e-mail. He replied saying the same thing. He even cleared out the possibilty that it can come on Transfer of Residence. And why would they want to hide about their cars. Anyways, I'm not trying to prove that Mav is wrong. I'm just trying my best to clear this out... Anyways, we'll wait then...
Old 20th March 2006, 16:54   #90
BHPian

aww thats really sad that now we aint going to be seeing a bugatti just yet..but it sounds more real..i mean where in india is the owner going to drive it if at all he buys one..it will be probarbly be kept in his sweet garage all packed up..collecting dust!

Most Viewed