Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2006, 02:49   #121

I'm finding this one really hard to believe. Buying a veyron requires a) a crap load of money and b) some serious financial credentials. The actually check your liquid assets.

If it's true .. daaaaamn. I'm going to be in Bombay on May 29th and I think I'll be veyron hunting.

Sad thing is, in Bombay, it's going to be a poser car. The roads suck, theres no way you can use even a tenth of that power. Unless it's going to sit in Mallyas private collection.

Anyway, keep us posted whoever is in the know.

Any idea if it is Sunny/Baba of Diwan/Dheeraj Builders? When I met them in July of last year they said they were expecting something really really big. They had the second H2 in Bombay and it was even bigger (not size but news) than that.

MM
Old 19th April 2006, 05:17   #122
BHPian

Sorry to burst your bubble folks but Veyron in India i dont think so!!!! Its too far fetched to land in India at least at such an early stage of this cars life. It hasnt even being sold in the Uk or Middle east through private sale or dealers, which makes it very hard for that car to land on the sub continent.
And besides its only being made in LHD so that goes out of the window.
I reckon someone on this site is trying to make a ripple! and cause a stir. You get my drift!!
Old 19th April 2006, 05:22   #123

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAD 130Y
Sorry to burst your bubble folks but Veyron in India i dont think so!!!! Its too far fetched to land in India at least at such an early stage of this cars life. It hasnt even being sold in the Uk or Middle east through private sale or dealers, which makes it very hard for that car to land on the sub continent.
And besides its only being made in LHD so that goes out of the window.
I reckon someone on this site is trying to make a ripple! and cause a stir. You get my drift!!

TROLLING is the correct word, eh?

I'm not buying this at all.
Old 19th April 2006, 06:11   #124
Team-BHP Support

I buy this. It might be true. Lets wait for sometime before we can come to a conclusion. Maverick any leads??
Old 19th April 2006, 07:54   #125
Senior - BHPian

Well, there are ways the LHD rules can circumvented. Remember the LHD XLR thats here ? Waiting for maverick to comment on this one..

Last edited by sajo : 19th April 2006 at 07:56.
Old 19th April 2006, 08:02   #126
Distinguished - BHPian

Holllllllllllyyyyyyy sh************t this is HUGE!!!
I still am finding it hard to digest..........PICS plsssssss!!!
Old 19th April 2006, 08:15   #127
BHPian

GREAT catch maverick...... Ooo man awesome.....
Old 19th April 2006, 08:21   #128

$3.5 million (12 crores) for a car is nuts anywhere in the world. That kind of a money to park the thing in Bombay to pose / show off is ludicrous. We just don't have the roads to use this thing to even 5% of its potential. Maybe it's a car collector? Personally, if I was collecting a car and spending that kind of cash, I'd be looking at a vintage Ferrari or a gullwing merc or an Aston Martin ... a car like this is begging to be driven not kept in a showroom or museum.

Sorry, to each one his own, but supercars in India really are for the status and looks, right? A lambo going up Marine Drie might look cool as hell but it sure ain't the same as the same Lambo pushing the limit on the Autobahn or the American freeways. Cars like that are begging to be driven ... that's the point of buying them (in my mind at least).

I'm just not a big fan of posers. Buy a super car - basically a street legal race car - then race the damn thing. And you better be able to drive well.
Old 19th April 2006, 08:30   #129
Senior - BHPian

FInally someone has seen it.. Man am i releived!! well guys the car is here for sure.. u justneed to have patience.. for those who think its impractical in India.. well it all bout the money folks.. these cars are just for the status and exclusivety..now there r too man lambos,ferraris,phantoms.. who else can boast of having another Veyron!!
Old 19th April 2006, 08:40   #130
Team-BHP Support

My personal view -

Why does everyone here doubt the purchasing power of some people in this city?

Think about it this way.

If there was a person who liked cars, and could spend <15% of one week's income to buy the fastest car in the world, which he really liked (not to mention the king of the hill status). Why wouldnt he?

cya
R
PS - And the fact that its LHD doesnt matter. When are laws ever obided in this country?
Old 19th April 2006, 08:41   #131
Senior - BHPian

ALso my Mom said that she saw an article on some news channel bout a 12 Cr car.. bout how its made and possibility of import in India.. she dint pay much attention to it though..
Old 19th April 2006, 08:42   #132
Team-BHP Support

But, as a moderator -

I am closing this thread.
Another similar thread already exists with pages of debating.
As soon as someone has solid proof, or a mention of another sighting (increases credibility) please PM me and i will either add it to, or reopen this thread.

Thanks,
R
Old 12th May 2006, 02:02   #133
BHPian

Any News On BUGATTI VEYRON????

Hi Guys,

Was wondering what happened to the rumours of the mighty Veyron being in Mumbai????? I feel the news was absolutely rubbish and am aware that the modds locked the last topic where people boasted about catching a glimpse of the car but never posted any pictures!!!!! The point of this thread is not intended to spread such rumors but assess the truth to the whole issue.

I wanted to ask all those who replied to the previous (locked) Bugatti thread, and all those who apparently "SAW" the car, that where have they gone now? Havent they collected enough proof to support their story?

Is there a Veyron in India???????

Thanks

Redcandle

P.S. - Dear Modds, if this thread tends to follow the same path as the last one please lock this as well.
Old 12th May 2006, 03:25   #134
Senior - BHPian

you never know...but again until we see it , nothing is proven..

but i am telling you, If I had 5% of his mighty fortune, you would see cars like the veyron, Zonda F, CXX, LP640 etc in my garage in india..so its not the money which is a big factor, but really the point of having such a car in india..

Last edited by 1Day : 12th May 2006 at 03:26.
Old 12th May 2006, 07:27   #135
Team-BHP Support

We have had similar threads before and they have been closed.
As soon as someone has solid proof (preferably pictures), please PM anyone from the support team and we will reopen one of the threads. For now, this thread is closed.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks