Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2010, 15:38   #196
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_foot View Post
Hmm, sorry for the speculation but is this is the 2nd one in Mumbai? considering the Veyron has been spotted in Mumbai before.
Yes a wine red Veyron was said to have been spotted at Mumbai, but that was considered to be a rumour by most of us as there was lack of proof. But this time around, Bugatti has officialy disclosed it so it is definitely true. But still we don't know the color of the mighty Veyron that is rolling on Indian streets. Dippy what was the color of the Veyron that you saw?
Old 24th June 2010, 15:41   #197
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by holysmoke View Post
Oh man.. just one pic!!

BTW does this bugatti in DL give test drives? I'll willing to buy a new suit
I remember someone saying that there will be none for TDs at the dealerships. 17 cr car for a TD seems too much to me.
Old 24th June 2010, 15:44   #198
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hmm, sorry for the speculation but is this is the 2nd one in Mumbai? considering the Veyron has been spotted in Mumbai before.
Nope this is indeed the very First Veyron in Mumbai. The earlier claims were just hoaxes . As mentioned in the BS article, two more are headed down South.

I had a good 5-6 to minutes to stare at the car when I saw it. I could have managed a picture but I did not because:

1. The car was parked in the owner's private property so even if I did take a pic I would not post it here.
2. The owner was not around for permission.

I saw the car from a distance of around 20 feet
Old 24th June 2010, 15:51   #199
BHPian

Everyone here is speculating on how the owner must have greased a lot of palms in order to get the car registered. Isn't this the company's problem now after they have appointed a dealer in Delhi? And one important question, is it even a LHD?
Old 24th June 2010, 15:59   #200
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
because:
1. The car was parked in the owner's private property so even if I did take a pic I would not post it here.
2. The owner was not around for permission.
3. It's only a fancy Volkswgen after all!

Just kidding Dippy, but an article in today's Mumbai mirror did refer to the Veyron as the "Volkswagen Bugatti".
Old 24th June 2010, 16:49   #201
BANNED

just found out who got it, brilliant bloke. hats off cant wait to see it now. i thought it was someone else but my first guess was that name in the diary
Old 24th June 2010, 16:55   #202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyakmodi View Post
finally!!

though i m really curious to know this, first a LHD super-california gets registered, then now a veyron. wasn't the rule-book against importing LHD and registering them??

I kind of accept that they must have bent some rules here and some there because of sheer vitamin M, but how is what i am eager to know - speedy you can shed some light towards the direction on what should be the thought procedure.

OT:: the other day i saw some part of india (till LOC) shaved off in some map, and now this!!

about time everyone on TBHP write to bugatti to atleast make the necessary changes. moderators you can think of some nice and organised way to do it...right?

P.s:: also wondering now what is the number for the car! and the color! and where is it usually parked at! i think i want to see it on the indian roads!! dippy/speedy and all the lucky guys i know, click and post some pictures! and get manish to mumbai too. he is super lucky when it comes to spotting these cars.
I also wrote to the bugatti people through their site about the J&K part .
Lets see what their reply is going to be !
Old 24th June 2010, 17:11   #203
Senior - BHPian

According to the BS motoring article, the first one in India has been sold to a Mumbai based real estate magnate and is black in colour. There are 2 more heading down south, that too to the same stable! Now that is a whopping 35 crores !

Source : BSM

Quote:

The mother of all supercars is finally here. The nearly 1000 bhp supercar, the Bugatti Veyron is now officially available in India. Exclusive Motors, which is sole distributor for Bentley and Lamborghini in India has been appointed official dealer. Bugatti's website, lists Exclusive Motors, called as Official Bugatti partner of New Delhi as its representative.

Despite attempts by BSMOTORING.COM, neither the proprietors or spokespersons of Exclusive Motors nor VW Group India have commented on the issue at this point. Sources say that the very first car has already been delivered a few weeks ago to a real estate magnate in Mumbai. This Mumbai based realtor is known for his penchant for exclusive and fast cars has taken delivery of a black example to add to his collection.

What sources have told BSMOTORING.COM is that orders for three of Bugatti's hypercars have been placed. Apart from the car that has been delivered, another two examples are expected to land later this year, both heading to a business tycoon in southern India.

Bugatti's hypercar is priced in the region of Rs 16 to 17.5 crore, depending on trim and local taxes, making it the most expensive car on sale in India. Until now, that title rested with the Mercedes Maybach which retailed in the region of Rs 5.5 to 6 crore.Bugatti, whose hypercar is available in left-hand drive only has managed to convince the Directorate General of Foreign Trade (DGFT) to make an exception for the Veyron, paving the way for other left-hand drive only supercars to make their way into India.

Last edited by longhorn : 24th June 2010 at 17:17.
Old 24th June 2010, 17:59   #204
Senior - BHPian

Jesal Bablu, Time to get those fancy cameras out. Lets go Car spotting. Cater Road today.
Old 24th June 2010, 18:15   #205
BHPian

I happened to see a Veyron in the flesh...a blue one in Berlin. Must say i was not impressed, the car looks bug like. The insides look good though.
Old 24th June 2010, 18:27   #206
Senior - BHPian

^^ I'll have to agree here but, for most its the power to do what it can do on the roads, that impresses most. For some it is the price tag and whos driving and owing, for enthusiasts the numbers turn them on. Look wise too it is not thaaaaat bad. The Veyron is pretty digestable, lookwise IMO.
Old 24th June 2010, 19:44   #207
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post

I had a good 5-6 to minutes to stare at the car when I saw it. I could have managed a picture but I did not because:

I saw the car from a distance of around 20 feet
Could you at least tell us where in Mumbai you spotted the car?

OT: Did anyone read today's Mumbai mirror? It had a story about SRK going to drive a 'Volkswagen Bugatti' in his next film! Man, how can someone goof up in naming the fastest car in the world! Ok, I know it's 'owned' by VW but that doesn't mean it should be called a VW Bugatti! I just couldn't stop laughing at that news

Read here: Article Window

Last edited by GTO : 28th June 2010 at 13:10. Reason: Strictly no more than 2 smileys per post please
Old 24th June 2010, 20:19   #208
BHPian

I am quite intrigued by this thread. I saw it today for the first time as I guess it was locked in between for lack of evidence that the Veyron was indeed imported by someone in India.

I am a car enthusiast and am sure impressed with the Veyron up to an extent. However the crazy price is a put off (Not because I can't afford it but you tend to compare it to the many other supercars many of which are available for around half the cost)

The one thing the crazy price is doing is that many of us lesser mortals are excited just to see one picture of the veyron on Indian soil. (No offence to anyone. I couldn't think of any other words to describe us as I am guessing very few of us can afford a 17 cr car)

I had seen the car on a recent trip to Europe. I was riding a bus and the veyron passed by and I was wondering...
hmmm I don't understand what is the big deal about the car.

I tried taking a picture but by the time I removed the camera out of my satchel the car was already way ahead.

I live in Mumbai and If happen to see it, i'll try to picturise the car which I saw in europe with another imaginary Veyron riding pillion on the roof (The Indian guy has paid double of what his european counterpart did by way of taxes) and then wonder what's the big deal !!
Old 25th June 2010, 00:23   #209
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
finally!!

though i m really curious to know this, first a LHD super-california gets registered, then now a veyron. wasn't the rule-book against importing LHD and registering them??

I kind of accept that they must have bent some rules here and some there because of sheer vitamin M, but how is what i am eager to know - speedy you can shed some light towards the direction on what should be the thought procedure.
The California was brought through the Business route of Tata and Fiat so the LHD was allowed. The Veyron is allowed officially in LHD as the company does not make a RHD version and the duty and registration figures are too good for the govt to miss out on 10 cr in duty and registration. There also is a proposal to allow other LHD supercars in the above 3.5 cr bracket to be allowed.

Quote:
P.s:: also wondering now what is the number for the car! and the color! and where is it usually parked at! i think i want to see it on the indian roads!! dippy/speedy and all the lucky guys i know, click and post some pictures! and get manish to mumbai too. he is super lucky when it comes to spotting these cars.
It was not yet registered till last week, so dont know the no. The arcticle says black and if i tell you where its parked the owners name would be out in an instant.
We guys are not that lucky even though we are in the same city as the owner does not have a fixed day or time to get the car out. Even if we manage to stand outside his house the entire day, chances are we yet wont get to see the car.

Quote:
This is the only one in India all others are rumours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshaymahajan View Post
Everyone here is speculating on how the owner must have greased a lot of palms in order to get the car registered. Isn't this the company's problem now after they have appointed a dealer in Delhi? And one important question, is it even a LHD?
He has not greased a single palm. The Veyron is officially allowed in LHD. The Duty is 8cr and the reg cost is 2 cr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan View Post
Jesal Bablu, Time to get those fancy cameras out. Lets go Car spotting. Cater Road today.
Chances are you would not see the car Dan. Speedbreakers are too high for it. Hang around next to Mocha and you might see it but after 1.30am.
Old 25th June 2010, 09:32   #210
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
He has not greased a single palm. The Veyron is officially allowed in LHD. The Duty is 8cr and the reg cost is 2 cr.
Speedy, what would be the total price of the car ? from the BSM article it seems like 17.5 cr is the price of exshowroom, does it mean, 10 Cr more so the buyer paid 27.5 crores total for the car ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks