Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2020, 22:34   #271
BHPian

Re: The DC Avanti Sports Car : Auto Expo 2012 EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 36 lakhs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANDHAV View Post
This was never officially launched. It was just a rebody exercise on Avanti. They must have sold it to BBT now to salvage whatever they can from the company.
Thanks Bandhav. By the way, what will happen to the existing Avanti owners after sales and spares support?
Old 14th April 2020, 20:22   #272
Senior - BHPian

Re: The DC Avanti Sports Car : Auto Expo 2012 EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 36 lakhs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya.bhardwaj View Post
Thanks Bandhav. By the way, what will happen to the existing Avanti owners after sales and spares support?
That depends on whether there was any existing support provided, no?

What do you expect from the company that gives a warranty of 1 year and 10k kms on its car
vinit.merchant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2020, 23:30   #273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya.bhardwaj View Post
So i was going through BBT's inventory when i stumbled across this. Have never seen or heard about an Avanti Roaster. Even the styling is changed (I actually liked this one).

Source:https://www.bigboytoyz.com/dc/delhi/...er'-detail
Knowing Indian mod jobs, I doubt whether DC went to the extent of additional strengthening to make up for the lost structural integrity caused by the chop job. Here's a very informative link from CARTHROTTLE detailing the strengthening required for convertibles and the dangers of chassis flex in the absence of stregthening:

https://www.carthrottle.com/post/how...ing-to-change/

Even with chassis re-inforcements in place, a convertible can lose close to 50%of its rigidity compared to its coupe variant.

Going by the half baked fit and finish of the standard product, the coupe, this example without structural re-inforcements could be a coffin on four wheels. Also from what I ve heard from a friend who had the (mis)fortune of owning one for 7 months, there is zero service support for the DC Avanti. Buyer beware.

Last edited by octane1002 : 26th April 2020 at 23:59.
octane1002 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2021, 13:45   #274
BHPian

Just saw an ad of DC2 which showed a two door speedster without a windscreen. It looked a lot like the Ferrari Monza but I forgot to film the ad and can't find it online, so can someone confirm if this is real?
KingKong is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2021, 19:17   #275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKong View Post
Just saw an ad of DC2 which showed a two door speedster without a windscreen. It looked a lot like the Ferrari Monza but I forgot to film the ad and can't find it online, so can someone confirm if this is real?
That would be the DC2 California. I browsed through their website after reading your post and found these images. Looks stunning IMO.
It's surprising that there's no mention of it anywhere on their social media.

Any idea what the donor car could be?

The DC Avanti Sports Car : Auto Expo 2012 EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 36 lakhs!-1166.jpeg

The DC Avanti Sports Car : Auto Expo 2012 EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 36 lakhs!-1208.jpeg

The DC Avanti Sports Car : Auto Expo 2012 EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 36 lakhs!-1435.jpeg

The DC Avanti Sports Car : Auto Expo 2012 EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 36 lakhs!-1446.jpeg

More pictures: https://dc2.co.in/custom/california/

Where did you see the ad?
AKV10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2021, 20:20   #276
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKV10 View Post
That would be the DC2 California. I browsed through their website after reading your post and found these images. Looks stunning IMO.
It's surprising that there's no mention of it anywhere on their social media.

Any idea what the donor car could be?

More pictures: https://dc2.co.in/custom/california/

I could be wrong, but it seems like the E92 M3. Can see the BMW logo on the steering wheel. If it's true then
aditya.bhardwaj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2021, 22:57   #277
BHPian

Not an M car for sure. Looks like an e63 650i
BEEM3R is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th October 2021, 15:43   #278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKV10 View Post

On a popular news channel, would prefer to not reveal its name

Off-Topic but does anyone know how much this would cost?

Last edited by KingKong : 24th October 2021 at 15:45.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks