Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2013, 08:01   #76
BHPian

re: The DC Avanti Sports Car : Auto Expo 2012 EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 36 lakhs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maky View Post
Brave congratulations on your purchase. I think I speak for all of us when I ask you to Please post ownership review when you can!.
Now, The car that you have purchased. The exterior is similar to the concept? or has the final production models exterior design changed in any way since then? Also, Do you have any kind of brochure you could perhaps scan and upload Brave. I'm really interested in having a look at the interior of the final production Avanti.
Thanks and will post a review once we get delivery of the car.
My brother had the honor of speaking to Mr.Chabriya, but he never spoke of any changes to be made to the car. So, I don't think there will be any changes made from what was seen in the Auto-Expo.
I'll be going to the DC office here in Chennai today or tomorrow for deciding on the interiors, so will take any pics and also try to get a brochure if I can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
You are indeed BRAVE. Look fwd to your ownership report and overall impressions. Did you drive her/ take a TD before deciding to buy/ order etc?
We didn't have any test drive or anything. It was the conversation my brother had with Mr.Chabriya that convinced him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
So is the production starting in December? or is it just BraveArc getting it in December?
All 300 cars will be delivered in December. So I'm guessing production must've already started.
BraveArc is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th June 2013, 08:36   #77
Senior - BHPian

re: The DC Avanti Sports Car : Auto Expo 2012 EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 36 lakhs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BraveArc View Post
My brother had the honor of speaking to Mr.Chabriya, but he never spoke of any changes to be made to the car. So, I don't think there will be any changes made from what was seen in the Auto-Expo.
I'll be going to the DC office here in Chennai today or tomorrow for deciding on the interiors, so will take any pics and also try to get a brochure if I can.

We didn't have any test drive or anything. It was the conversation my brother had with Mr.Chabriya that convinced him.

All 300 cars will be delivered in December. So I'm guessing production must've already started.
Hmm, that's a lot of faith in a maiden car! This last bit is like deja vu for me, things never materialised then, hope i am wrong, Best of luck, very keen to see how this pans out for you and DC. Best of luck again..do post the contents of the brochure. This sounds fairly preliminary, I am assuming you have not paid any advance as yet all this is verbal phase
Old 27th June 2013, 09:01   #78
BHPian

Quote:

Hmm, that's a lot of faith in a maiden car! This last bit is like deja vu for me, things never materialised then, hope i am wrong, Best of luck, very keen to see how this pans out for you and DC. Best of luck again..do post the contents of the brochure. This sounds fairly preliminary, I am assuming you have not paid any advance as yet all this is verbal phase
DC have been testing the car for a little more than a year now. Only once the green light was given did they start taking orders, so it should be okay.
We payed a 5 lakh advance in April. The remaining amount including taxes, insurance, etc will be payed once the car reaches Chennai and once it's registered, we'll take delivery.
Old 27th June 2013, 12:58   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
DC have been testing the car for a little more than a year now. Only once the green light was given did they start taking orders, so it should be okay.
We payed a 5 lakh advance in April. The remaining amount including taxes, insurance, etc will be payed once the car reaches Chennai and once it's registered, we'll take delivery.
Green light from whom? It's inspiring and encouraging to know customers like you exist = buying a car without test driving it, especially when it's DC. I feel inspired to action my pet plan to custom build bars ...like cottage industry type. What testing has been carried out?
Old 27th June 2013, 13:41   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Green light from whom? It's inspiring and encouraging to know customers like you exist = buying a car without test driving it, especially when it's DC. I feel inspired to action my pet plan to custom build bars ...like cottage industry type. What testing has been carried out?
It got green lit from the Engineers who were testing the car in Bombay and Pune. It was tested for 16 months.
The testing from what Mr.Chabriya told my brother were the electronics, mechanicals and how the car performed in Indian conditions and if any issues arose, they were corrected and tested again.
I have a friend in Mysore who actually custom builds cars using Zen and Esteem platforms.
Old 27th June 2013, 14:03   #81
Senior - BHPian

Well regulations enforcement has become extremely strict. Gone are the days when you could do such mods, are you aware the RTO rule book does not even permit installing spoilers and changing the spec on fenders? You can't even change the shape of a single fender! Everything DC has been doing thus far has slipped by due to lack of enforcement, but that is changing DC use to do stretch limo's, one of which got impounded by mumbai RTO, and all limo's built locally went underground thereafter. So doing a car on zen etc is not legal.

I assuming this car has been homologised and certified by aria which is what is being quoted to you as engineers checking it, it is a regulatory requirement to have car tested by ARIA hardly acceptable to check the car on true automotive and performance dynamics, ARIA's checks mainly for safety and road worthiness. Most Indian auto makers get their cars tested and approved on performance metrics in Europe where the real competence exists, and ARIA is merely a govt outfit which needs to be satisfied. This because the competence to test does not exist, TATA and Mahindra are just about getting global that to on passenger cars not 2 door.

To get ARIA cert one has to build several prototypes, spend 50 lacs on getting it homologated and I last recall you need build a critical mass i.e 3 to 5 example cars for testing in order to be eligible for getting manufacturing and most importantly clearance to register cars with RTO. AI wonder if DC really did all this. Have only seen 2 protos, one in yellow and other in red, I hope corners have not been cut, I would independently verify ARAI certification etc if I were committing to this.
Old 28th June 2013, 12:02   #82
BHPian

Quote:

Congrats on the car order, it will definately be keenly checked out by me in the showroom for a test drive when available. 240bhp with mid engine RWD with a light body sounds like a great track car, a bit similar to a Lotus Exige. It will definately be better than picking up a Audi TT for sure at a better price. Wonder if the DC guys will be open for a track day at the MMSC race track to test the car properly,
Old 11th August 2013, 12:28   #83
BHPian

A yellow Avanti is kept on display at the new DC showroom in Worli. Definitely looks sexy
StrangeWizard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2013, 16:49   #84
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

Any idea if the 300 cars have been delivered? I am yet to spot any Avanti in Mumbai.
amtak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2013, 16:57   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
Guys,

Any idea if the 300 cars have been delivered? I am yet to spot any Avanti in Mumbai.
Got some details about when the car will be delivered to us.
Turns out there is a delay and they will begin deliveries only in March.
I sure hope they don't have any more delays, was looking forward to driving it this new year.
BraveArc is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th December 2013, 15:07   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I sure hope they don't have any more delays, was looking forward to driving it this new year.
Oh! I just hope that there are no surprises once the car is delivered.
Old 18th February 2014, 15:19   #87
BHPian

The new car video from DC looks good,
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater
Old 18th February 2014, 17:42   #88
BHPian

i dunno why but the car's rear still looks disproportionate to me.

also the interior seem something left to desire!! they could have gone for a better steering wheel to start with. this one looks too skeleton like if you know what i mean. something chunkier would have been better.

with the sharp lines outside - the interior is too round round types. maybe they should have carried the external sharpness inside too
samyakmodi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2014, 19:49   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
- What car is this based on, exactly? I ask, because DC never really starts from scratch. He always starts his work on a base/platform.
My guess is that its a re-bodied Noble M-12. They have been talking about a deal for many years now. Most likely DC is buying the chassis, suspension from HiTec in South Africa and putting his own body and interior

If you have time, you can check on things like wheelbase, track and that will confirm it
Mpower is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2014, 10:46   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Hey BraveArc, any news from DC about your car? It's way past March and I don't see Avantis on the road yet..
AbelAFC is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks