Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2015, 13:38   #211
BHPian

re: The DC Avanti Sports Car : Auto Expo 2012 EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 36 lakhs!

After a long wait DC Avanti, finally made it to Pune's showroom . It was officially launched in Pune on 23rd Sep with prices strating from INR 35.93 lakh (ex-showroom Pune). Mr. Dilip Chhabria himself unveiled the Supercar.

The DC Avanti Sports Car : Auto Expo 2012 EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 36 lakhs!-1.jpg
The DC Avanti Sports Car : Auto Expo 2012 EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 36 lakhs!-2.jpg
The DC Avanti Sports Car : Auto Expo 2012 EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 36 lakhs!-3.jpg
The DC Avanti Sports Car : Auto Expo 2012 EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 36 lakhs!-4.jpg
The DC Avanti Sports Car : Auto Expo 2012 EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 36 lakhs!-5.jpg
The DC Avanti Sports Car : Auto Expo 2012 EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 36 lakhs!-6.jpg
The DC Avanti Sports Car : Auto Expo 2012 EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 36 lakhs!-7.jpg
The DC Avanti Sports Car : Auto Expo 2012 EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 36 lakhs!-8.jpg
The DC Avanti Sports Car : Auto Expo 2012 EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 36 lakhs!-9.jpg
The DC Avanti Sports Car : Auto Expo 2012 EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 36 lakhs!-10.jpg
The DC Avanti Sports Car : Auto Expo 2012 EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 36 lakhs!-11.jpg
The DC Avanti Sports Car : Auto Expo 2012 EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 36 lakhs!-12.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
The DC Avanti Sports Car : Auto Expo 2012 EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 36 lakhs!-13.jpg  

sujay bhandare is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 26th September 2015, 16:19   #212
BHPian

Re: The DC Avanti Sports Car : Auto Expo 2012 EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 36 lakhs!

Yes its here. The average consumer or the super car enthusiast need not have pocket loads of cash to own a super car.
With an on road price of around 43 lakhs (source:carwale), I wont be surprised if this becomes the new mean machine of the young generation. Although aspirational in value to some extent, the super car tag has definitely come within the reach of the discerning Indian buyer. I just cant described what a site it will be to see on Indian roads.

request the moderators to do a full fledged(read:throttle) review of this beauty.
I wonder what will be its immediate competition, to encroach the BMW z4 territory.
Raulspace999 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2015, 01:38   #213
BHPian

Re: The DC Avanti Sports Car : Auto Expo 2012 EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 36 lakhs!

The front bumper when seen from the side looks odd for a fast car. Correct me if I'm wrong but it looks like it encourages the car to lift off the ground by creating up-force.
Old 27th September 2015, 04:59   #214
BHPian

So, its a super car made in india , and it doesn't even have an Airbag? Come on, even Maruti has started to realize the importance of Airbag now a days.
Old 27th September 2015, 12:18   #215
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karts View Post
So, its a super car made in india , and it doesn't even have an Airbag? Come on, even Maruti has started to realize the importance of Airbag now a days.
Does it really not have an airbag?! That's unacceptable
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raulspace999 View Post
Yes its here. The average consumer or the super car enthusiast need not have pocket loads of cash to own a super car.
With an on road price of around 43 lakhs (source:carwale), I wont be surprised if this becomes the new mean machine of the young generation. Although aspirational in value to some extent, the super car tag has definitely come within the reach of the discerning Indian buyer. I just cant described what a site it will be to see on Indian roads.
A young enthusiasts with 40 big ones to cash out on a car would be a sensible to get a used German sportscar. A z4, Audi TT or even the previous generation m3 can be bought for around that price.
Sahil is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 27th September 2015, 15:55   #216
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Does it really not have an airbag?! That's unacceptable

A young enthusiasts with 40 big ones to cash out on a car would be a sensible to get a used German sportscar. A z4, Audi TT or even the previous generation m3 can be bought for around that price.
No it does not.
Some one i know had a close look at the car,
and observed that the build quality is horrible.
Old 28th September 2015, 16:04   #217
VSD
BHPian

The build quality is really really poor. One can spot the waviness in the roof's bodywork and few weld marks at corners are visible, specially because it's too low and you can see the roof standing right next to it.
It is almost impossible to get into the seats without banging your head or to save your head one has sit on the door sill first and then shift onto the seats.
The seats are badly stitched (the optional leather ones) and they seem to have come off from a 4lac rupee car. Almost everything is wrong with the car at the moment. It just appeals to the eyes due to the shape and low slung looks of a sports car.
VSD is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th September 2015, 19:15   #218
A.K
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSD View Post
The build quality is really really poor. One can spot the waviness in the roof's bodywork and few weld marks at corners are visible, specially because it's too low and you can see the roof standing right next to it.
It is almost impossible to get into the seats without banging your head or to save your head one has sit on the door sill first and then shift onto the seats.
The seats are badly stitched (the optional leather ones) and they seem to have come off from a 4lac rupee car. Almost everything is wrong with the car at the moment. It just appeals to the eyes due to the shape and low slung looks of a sports car.

Err.. Cross off the last part too. It looks like a disfigured computer mouse on wheels. A slammed Polo GT with some nice rims and a kit will look better than this.
While I appreciate the attempt by DC, this car is plain ugly. There have been many comments all over FB saying that you say that the car is ugly only coz it's an Indian attempt and we cannot appreciate Indian stuff. Well, Indian or Italian, ugly is ugly and we are waiting to appreciate it but DC hasn't given us anything to appreciate. Those tri coloured seats on the green Avanti look hideous. So does the rest of the car, no offence to any owners on the forum, but the rear is downright ugly. Front is ugly too but somewhat bearable and can be made better. God save that rear though!
And the build on this, I don't even want to get there.
Indian attempt, I appreciate. A lot, in fact. But DC has a long way to tread to get this product on the international market without having people laughing their backsides off at it.
Cheers!
A.K is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 29th September 2015, 16:14   #219
BHPian

Not a big fan of DC Designs, But I really appreciate his honest attempt to enter the Indian car scene, and riding on the "Made in India" tagline. You never know! Probably this car might click? Its got all the bells and the whistles that the Mango man wants. But I being a mango man cannot attempt to handle this price tag. But hats off to the honest attempt.
yamaniac is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2015, 17:14   #220
BHPian

And we were thinking that the Creta and S Cross 1.6 were overpriced. But please don't call it a super car,its not even close to a supercar when it comes to performance. Just because it's mid engined that doesn't mean that it's a super car. And if it's made in India, why is it so expensive? 45 lacs on road for some kit car? I may sound too harsh but really you could get a GTR in Japan for this amount of money.
Doge is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2015, 18:00   #221
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatchyBoy View Post
Is this the same car? What is it about being launched yesterday? I hate this sentence though - "....attain an electronically limited top speed of 180 kph"

DC Avanti launched in Pune
Another interesting part is the Warranty mentioned on the aforementioned link.
1 year - 10,000 kms.

I do not think they would be offering any extended warranty.

How to claim anything in this limited warranty, can be a different thread in itself.

Last edited by vinit.merchant : 29th September 2015 at 18:03.
vinit.merchant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2015, 19:18   #222
BHPian

The design reminds me of cars designed by a Bangladeshi car designer Leepu Awlia who use to feature on Chop shop and Bangla Bangers.

This fellow (actually a character) converts old Camry likes into sport-cars.

Pic courtesy : Pakwheels.com
Attached Thumbnails
The DC Avanti Sports Car : Auto Expo 2012 EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 36 lakhs!-large_1kr_pakwheelscom.jpg  

Last edited by MunnabhaiMBBS : 29th September 2015 at 19:21.
MunnabhaiMBBS is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th September 2015, 19:36   #223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunnabhaiMBBS View Post
The design reminds me of cars designed by a Bangladeshi car designer Leepu Awlia who use to feature on Chop shop and Bangla Bangers.

This fellow (actually a character) converts old Camry likes into sport-cars.

Pic courtesy : Pakwheels.com
The chop shop's Leepu could've make a better car than this in a limited and tight timeline! I just cannot digest the fact that no one, absolutely nobody in DC's office came up with any objection regarding the car's rear, after the design was ready!
When one makes a genuine attempt, he thinks through, with prior feedbacks and then moves forward. I think DC design engineer was an anti-socratic
Even a plain rear end would workout, and with the pricing, as Sahil mentioned, preowned z4 or TT will be a great deal anyday with impeccable built compared to the Awanti.
The "Made in India" tag makes it even more disappointing.
shree_shell is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2015, 20:46   #224
RWD
BHPian

That awkward moment, when you want to do Indian themed interiors, but it ends up looking like South African flag instead.
Attached Thumbnails
The DC Avanti Sports Car : Auto Expo 2012 EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 36 lakhs!-dc-avanti-front.jpg  

RWD is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 29th September 2015, 21:13   #225
Senior - BHPian

DC should do a lot more PR on many other things other than engine specs and 0-100 timings of this car. This is not that era of Lamborghini Miura where young people came up with a stunning design altough it was technically a disaster in terms of aerodynamics and handling and safety.

The car looks very good in some pictures on the internet and on others it looks too bad (the fit and finish quality). Wonder what is wrong !
NiInJa is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed