Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2012, 17:23   #16
BHPian

Re: A Stretch Limo Service in Mumbai - Pics & details inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRDIsamir View Post
Last Year I had been to Ludhiana for some business work & training. There I happened to see a couple of Limousines built on Sumo Grande & Mahindra Xylo. Any BHPian from Ludhiana share detials of the Indian built Limousines which I could not see in detial but I would like to share that from what I saw it was a good job done.

Here you go. Got it on google.Looks pathetic thougH!
Attached Thumbnails
PICS : Lincoln Stretch Limo in Mumbai-sumo-grande-limousine.jpg  

Last edited by yamaniac : 27th January 2012 at 17:26.
yamaniac is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2012, 20:00   #17
BHPian

Re: PICS : Lincoln Stretch Limo in Mumbai

Too Snazzy for the Indian roads.
Such is a car will be a nuisance, especially in the small lanes and gullies on Mumbai.
Well, it may be practical if it is only providing service in the areas in and around town side, Churchgate and the like, but definitely not for the suburbs!
Old 28th January 2012, 20:31   #18
BHPian

I'm surprised that the car has Ontario number plates. Number plates in Canada are registered to the owner, the owner retains these plates even if he buys a new car.
And these plates should be destroyed if the owner chooses not to retain the number plates.
Old 30th January 2012, 15:41   #19
Senior - BHPian

The car actually looks too dated. And it doesn't look swanky & high class enough. If I was a rich man with lots of $$$ I would have straight away said no to sit in the car. It looks like they have got a used limo cheap over there in the US and got it over here. How was the owner allowed to import a foreign car and how come it has got US number plates? Is this allowed?

IMHO, I think, turning it on Mumbai roads and streets would be a nightmare. A LHD car for India doesn't really make sense, plus where would they park it for the night ?

EDIT: Just saw the odo reading as 204188 kms!! Gawd, that is one used car!

Last edited by W.A.G.7 : 30th January 2012 at 15:45. Reason: Edit
W.A.G.7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2012, 20:09   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thermalpaste View Post
I'm surprised that the car has Ontario number plates. Number plates in Canada are registered to the owner, the owner retains these plates even if he buys a new car.
And these plates should be destroyed if the owner chooses not to retain the number plates.
The owner bought the limo and put new plates (registered in his name) on the limo - so no big surprise really .

But whether he can be driving around in India with those license plates is another question. Maybe its possible to get a temporary permit to drive around with those plates? I'm not sure..
Old 31st January 2012, 08:25   #21
BHPian

Seeing this thread here are my 2 cents -
1) This limo business might be more inclined for hiring such stretch chariots for celeb weddings or people with money to spend. So its I think its going to be a very niche market.
2) Jalsa has mentioned and covered most of the practical points of which the most relevant for this type of "limo for hire" would be space not only for parking but also for getting into cramped driveways of some hotels.
3) From an owners perspective RoI (Return on Investment) should be good enough else there will be very few takers for this type of business. The typical Indian mentality "saste mein luxury".

By the way I did see a black stretch limo in Hyderabad which was locally registered with black over white plates so probably a privately owned vehicle. I think it was a Cadillac. Not sure though as I saw it in the evening and I was in my car so couldn't take a picture.
Old 31st January 2012, 09:17   #22
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the report Jalsa It has always been any boy's dream to be in one of those.

The car looks well maintained considering its age. And it has even run for 2L kms!!! The buttons look retro, but being an old car, who can complain. Anybody has pics of new Lincoln Limos which might have state of the art interiors?

What are the service charges?

Hows this for Hummer limos? 22 and 26 seater respectively. The interiors looks fabulous.

Name:  white hummer.bmp
Views: 7314
Size:  451.2 KBPICS : Lincoln Stretch Limo in Mumbai-hummerinterior2.jpg

Name:  hammer2.gif
Views: 5524
Size:  16.9 KBPICS : Lincoln Stretch Limo in Mumbai-limobus2.jpg

Last edited by _raVan_ : 31st January 2012 at 09:23.
Old 31st January 2012, 19:19   #23
BHPian

Certainly looks dated and not at all luxurious. I wonder how did the company get an LHD imported in India, I remember it was banned some years back and Mr. Ratan Tata was clicked driving his LHD Ferrari California even after the ban.

I would love to see how it tackles the speed humps on our roads. :-P

Last edited by Berry : 31st January 2012 at 19:20.
Old 31st January 2012, 22:47   #24
Senior - BHPian

The Limo might be imported under carnet but to run it as a 'taxi' in India, it has to get a taxi permit and for that it should be regd in India, right?
Old 31st January 2012, 22:56   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand123 View Post
The Limo might be imported under carnet but to run it as a 'taxi' in India, it has to get a taxi permit and for that it should be regd in India, right?
Yes , ATA Carnet must have been used but AFAIK it can only be used for the products that have to be displayed somewhere in the country.

I organise exhibitions and our exhibitors follow the same procedure to get their machines from abroad , display them in the exhibition and then take them back.

This car has to be registered and that too in yellow or Black on yellow if the owner wants to be able to put it on hire.
Old 3rd February 2012, 17:44   #26
BHPian

Re: A Stretch Limo Service in Mumbai - Pics & details inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsnt View Post
last month I was at my home town in haryana and while crossing Rohtak I saw two Limo one a hummer and other a Merc, parked at on the city out skirts some road side vanue.
Yes, I too saw one of those, I believe a merc. It was parked outside a newly opened highway restaurant. A banner was also attached to the windscreen saying it was available for rent.
Old 23rd July 2014, 19:56   #27
Senior - BHPian

Lincoln Limousine

Spotted this today in BKC bearing American plates . Had a ding which would have definitely been done here considering the length of this car .

PICS : Lincoln Stretch Limo in Mumbai-imageuploadedbyteambhp1406125419.854385.jpg

The stress level for this driver must be crazy !

PICS : Lincoln Stretch Limo in Mumbai-imageuploadedbyteambhp1406125520.161388.jpg

PICS : Lincoln Stretch Limo in Mumbai-imageuploadedbyteambhp1406125452.005396.jpg

Cheers

Last edited by moralfibre : 24th July 2014 at 16:45. Reason: Reformating for aligning pics. Thanks!
kasli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2014, 20:05   #28

Re: Lincoln Limousine

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasli View Post
Spotted this today in BKC bearing American plates . Had a ding which Attachment 1265712 and would have definitely been done here considering the length of this car . The stress level for this driver must be crazy ! Attachment 1265714Attachment 1265713

Cheers
Dude, those are Canadian plates, not American plates. Ontario is in Canada not America
Old 23rd July 2014, 20:26   #29
Senior - BHPian

Re: Lincoln Limousine

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasli View Post
Spotted this today in BKC bearing American plates . Had a ding which Attachment 1265712 and would have definitely been done here considering the length of this car . The stress level for this driver must be crazy ! Attachment 1265714Attachment 1265713

Cheers
Ohh damn, I've heard that Carnet cars being involved in an accident does not go well with the insurance people.

That said, wonder who was bonkers enough to bring this down. Mad! and I love it

..and by the way, Canadian plates, not American
Old 24th July 2014, 16:11   #30
A.K
Senior - BHPian

Recieved thisnpic of the same Lincoln limo. The guy who sent this said that the car was regd in India itself and the plates are fake to give the "imported" feel.
Now I cannot vouch for what he said, but something's surely not right.
Attached Thumbnails
PICS : Lincoln Stretch Limo in Mumbai-sc201407241559491.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks