Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2012, 14:14   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: Pictures: Mumbai Supercar Show & Drive 2012!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya101 View Post
Is that a digicam fixed on the roof?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...2_parade-9.jpg

its called go pro cam..

heres a link GoPro Official Website: The World's Most Versatile Camera

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketurtles View Post
I read that article and facepalmed. Idiotic journalism that was phrased for sensationalism
journalists..!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM-Vtec View Post
Also the turnout at reclamation this year was unbelievable...2 years back we where the only ones there and this year we couldent even get a clear view of the cars.
it was all over actually..not just at bandra..even haji ali and at worli sea face just before the sea link there were people standing on the road, jumping in front of the cars to take pics. and this time there was so much traffic and what made it worse was people driving like hooligans and hanging out of their cars..

rev

ps: rehaan, really liked the video..

Last edited by revtech : 23rd January 2012 at 14:30.
revtech is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2012, 14:15   #77
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya101 View Post
Is that a digicam fixed on the roof?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...2_parade-9.jpg
Please check these TBHP threads out "

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadget...ntour-etc.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...order-car.html

Last edited by Rehaan : 23rd January 2012 at 14:24. Reason: Adding another one. Thanks.
SDP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2012, 14:43   #78
BHPian

It's starting to become a festival!

When i was in 2010 rally i remember at bandra reclamation we were 15-20 cars with open roads all the way & we enjoyed the drive, but this year it was so much traffic!

I even lost a turn since i couldn't see anyone in my vicinity.

Few swift dzires & others were pretty reckless. It was actually hard for us participants to save our cars & find our way through the traffic.

Everyone knows the rally happens every year, so expect it to worsen with time.
Old 23rd January 2012, 14:48   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante View Post
It's starting to become a festival!

When i was in 2010 rally i remember at bandra reclamation we were 15-20 cars with open roads all the way & we enjoyed the drive, but this year it was so much traffic!

I even lost a turn since i couldn't see anyone in my vicinity.

Few swift dzires & others were pretty reckless. It was actually hard for us participants to save our cars & find our way through the traffic.

Everyone knows the rally happens every year, so expect it to worsen with time.
Couldnt agree with you more.. unless something is done its just going to get worse every year
Old 23rd January 2012, 16:57   #80
Senior - BHPian

Superb response from the participants and the general public, never do we vintage car guys receive such a response for our shows

Anyways the show was very slickly organized however i don't think the organizers expected such a tremendous response. There were half hour waits to get into the first enclosure, which was barricaded from the actual car display. Only ones who had a VIP pass were allowed within the barricade. Unfortunately I did not.

The traffic scenario was ridiculous and a part of the problem was that the law officers could not tell which car was a part of the parade and which was not. I remember even my Fiat 500 (not the Abarth) was welcomed by the rousing audience at places. Even i had some very close encounters with errant drivers and beat a hasty retreat home via the sea link.

The show will continue to grow and they should definately think of larger display area in the future for better crowd management.Also it helps to start the drive before 9AM, the traffic in Mumbai starts building after that even on a Sunday.

Last edited by the mole : 23rd January 2012 at 16:58.
Old 23rd January 2012, 17:02   #81
Senior - BHPian

Excellent images and great to read the reports of the events.

I feel really bad for the maserati owner. He must have been gutted. The moment where he got out of his car to see the damage and to then look at the 'cause'. I'm sure the Figo owner at that moment wished he just got beamed to a spaceship or back to his bedroom.

Who will fix that damage? Does the Maserati owner have to call Italy to get someone from the factory to come down with a bumper and tail-light?

I agree with most of you when you say that there should be police protection when the cars are out on the road as a group. Although, can one imagine the kind of negative media report and so on that would do the rounds on the television and the papers if the traffic police had cordoned off the public from the streets just for the show? It would invite all sorts of unnecessary stories and controversies with such big names (owners of the cars) being reeled in for no reason.

Also, speedy and a few others spoke about the 'criteria' to have your car selected for the show. What are these criteria's if you dont mind me asking? Im really keen to know
Old 23rd January 2012, 17:33   #82
BHPian

everyone made such a crowd that the aventador on which my gopro was mounted has 17 min in one spot without moving... then another 10 min to get out.. the exact time from mounting and to leave was 32 min and 05 seconds... and it was on HD 1080 recording... the battery life was over before the sea link... what a waste...in the future i will need to mount it and start recording after the driving actually starts... a total waste...

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Thanks.

Last edited by Technocrat : 23rd January 2012 at 22:41. Reason: Please read the note in your post, thanks
Old 23rd January 2012, 17:33   #83
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullrevs View Post
I agree with most of you when you say that there should be police protection when the cars are out on the road as a group. Although, can one imagine the kind of negative media report and so on that would do the rounds on the television and the papers if the traffic police had cordoned off the public from the streets just for the show? It would invite all sorts of unnecessary stories and controversies with such big names (owners of the cars) being reeled in for no reason.
There is no need to cordon off the streets on the route. Remember how they isolate the cars of VVIPs with a lead car and trail-car so that there is a "rolling" restricted area? It should not be very difficult to do the same for a parade consisting of around 100 cars. It will not inconvenience other road users for more than 10 minutes while the parade passes a particular stretch.
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2012, 17:50   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
There is no need to cordon off the streets on the route. Remember how they isolate the cars of VVIPs with a lead car and trail-car so that there is a "rolling" restricted area? It should not be very difficult to do the same for a parade consisting of around 100 cars. It will not inconvenience other road users for more than 10 minutes while the parade passes a particular stretch.

Perfect...that is what is required. There could be more than 1 lead car but again this will have to be executed with the help of the cops.
Old 23rd January 2012, 17:59   #85
BHPian

Guys, this is in regard to the Focus and talking smack about GS...

Firstly: GS has a Honda S2000 which is HIGHLY TUNED but was it present at the event? NO.

Secondly: 2 Years ago, when I never knew about the Super Car Show and found out only the night before I came in my Super Charged M3 with 570HP and my 1968 Mustang Coupe - but when I didn't get entry I asked my friend to drive the M3 away and I drove the Mustang away far from the event ... (this shows that cars that are only entered can enter)

MOST IMPORTANTLY: We don't have the right to say he is not a car enthusiast cause he is the one throwing the SUPER CAR EVENT. This isn't right, its disrespectful. Otherwise, don't come for the show next year if you want to talk smack...

Would you actually have the courage to say this to him to him in person?
NO, you don't...
The only reason you guys say this is cause its on the 'INTERNET'...
Get Real Guys!

DON'T HATE......APPRECIATE!
Peace...
insideman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2012, 19:02   #86
BHPian

Dear Folks,

On behalf of the Super Car Club of India, I would like to clarify an incident that is being extensively debated on this forum thread. This had to do with the Ford Focus.

1) This is a Super car club and it is meant for Super cars. Under no classification does the Ford Focus ever figure into being a super car. Any exceptions that are participating in the show, are strictly approved by the committee.
2) The Ford Focus had arrived at the last year Super Car Show and barged his way into the restricted parking. He was asked to leave. After that through the event he tried to drive rashly and get involved with the event, to which the organisers took serious objection. This was a safety issue.
3) For the 2012 Parx Super Car Show, the said person had repeatedly approached the organisers to participate, through various Super Car Club owners. He was categorically denied entry due to the status of his car, not being a super car. In spite of repeatedly being told that he could not participate, he still decided to “gate crash” the party and enter his car. Just for your information, at 1:30am in the morning on Sunday, after everybody had left the venue, he decided to sneak his car in, and park.
4) This act shows his complete disregard for the Super car club, and thinks he can get away with whatever he feel like.
5) On the said morning, I would like to clarify that GHS has never used any derogatory words or thrown a fit that is being alleged in this thread. Mr. GS is an extremely avid car lover, and I would like to categorically state that he would never show disrespect for any car, whatsoever, how big or small, how expensive or cheap. Just for the record he has a Ford Focus RS !!!! hence if he likes the car, why would he call it “trash” , as is being alleged in the thread.
6) The car was asked to be removed as genuine Super Car Club owners, who’s cars were parked outside, needed the space.
7) Please be advised that this is a show that is being organized by the super car club. Nobody has the right to come and barge their way in. if someone does, the organisers have the right to have the car removed.
8) Also for the record, the owner was hanging around at the venue in the morning of the event. We repeatedly tried to contact him to request him to move the car, but he ignored the same !! hence the car had to be removed otherwise.

I think we should stop focusing on some irrelevant ford focus, that tried to “categorically gate crash” this party due to his own reasons, in spite of repeatedly being told, that he is not welcomed. In future if he does try something similar, the same treatment will be handed out to him.

Instead of focusing on the said car, I think you should focus on what GS has done for Super cars in general, and for making this event a huge success. I don’t think anybody can take that away from him. Also I don’t think anyone can ever question his integrity and passion for cars. There are very few people that have this kind of passion. He has led this movement from the front, and I think we all need to compliment him for the same. We look forward to the various other events that the club will be organizing for “super cars” this year.

Regards
Dilip Joshi
Chairman Events

Last edited by Super Car Club : 23rd January 2012 at 19:04.
Super Car Club is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2012, 19:22   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by insideman View Post
Guys, this is in regard to talking smack about GS...

2 Years ago, when I never knew about the Super Car Show and found out only the night before I came in my Super Charged M3 with 570HP and my 1968 Mustang Coupe - but when I didn't get entry I asked my friend to drive the M3 away and I drove the Mustang away far from the event ...(this shows that cars that are only registered can enter) BTW I have nothing against the Ford Focus... I LOVE the FOCUS RS... LETS JUST NOT TALK HARSH ABOUT ANYONE.

DON'T HATE......APPRECIATE!
Peace...
So yes, please. Lets not stray from the fantastic cars out there! lets concentrate on all the great new cars that have joined the club... like the red bentley, the GTR's etc...
insideman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2012, 19:24   #88
Team-BHP Support

I had made plans to attend the event on the morning of 22nd but due to a late Saturday night and excessive sleep, I couldn't reach the venue as planned. So I started off for Bombay at around 11:30 and thought I'd drive down to reclamation just to take a chance and see if I catch something. It was sad to see people standing at the divider with cameras. Kids jumping on the road, and some wannabe superbikers zooming up and down reclamation. The Super Car Club can no way take any blame for blatant stupidity displayed by the junta.

Anyway, I don't want to say what everyone has said before. Enjoy a few pics of the tailenders that I took while I was there for 15 minutes. You could see those idiots on the road
Attached Thumbnails
Pictures: Mumbai Supercar Show & Drive 2012!-dsc_4675.jpg  

Pictures: Mumbai Supercar Show & Drive 2012!-dsc_4676.jpg  

Pictures: Mumbai Supercar Show & Drive 2012!-dsc_4677.jpg  

Pictures: Mumbai Supercar Show & Drive 2012!-dsc_4678.jpg  

Pictures: Mumbai Supercar Show & Drive 2012!-dsc_4679.jpg  

Pictures: Mumbai Supercar Show & Drive 2012!-dsc_4680.jpg  

Pictures: Mumbai Supercar Show & Drive 2012!-dsc_4681.jpg  

Pictures: Mumbai Supercar Show & Drive 2012!-dsc_4682.jpg  

Pictures: Mumbai Supercar Show & Drive 2012!-dsc_4683.jpg  

Pictures: Mumbai Supercar Show & Drive 2012!-dsc_4684.jpg  

Pictures: Mumbai Supercar Show & Drive 2012!-dsc_4686.jpg  

Pictures: Mumbai Supercar Show & Drive 2012!-dsc_4687.jpg  

Pictures: Mumbai Supercar Show & Drive 2012!-dsc_4688.jpg  

Pictures: Mumbai Supercar Show & Drive 2012!-dsc_4689.jpg  

Old 23rd January 2012, 19:33   #89
BHPian

This is my favorite picture. P.S. I dont think this Prancing Horse Needs a Ambulance
Attached Thumbnails
Pictures: Mumbai Supercar Show & Drive 2012!-322934_1799575045868_1734563106_901053_1667422639_o.jpg  

Mirage is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2012, 19:53   #90
BHPian

Saw a video of GS Sir's TT Gallardo . TOTALLY love the way it pulls . And he knows how to do it right . +1000 respect points . Now all India needs is an AMS Alpha 12 GTR

Stunning pictures everyone . I am sure you guys had a good time .
Post more videos if possible .
Cheers and

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks