Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2012, 10:06   #61
Team-BHP Support

Re: Pictures: Mumbai Supercar Show & Drive 2012!

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
What's wrong with the Focus RS?
Absolutely nothing.

Though, i think the point here is that this is the SECOND time it has "sneaked in" to the supercar show display area without permission of the organizers. It happened last year as well with the same car.

This is not a walk-in event for supercar owners. The cars that are officially participating and on display are chosen before hand, and this was not one of them.

And not all the cars you see driving along (eg. that goldwing you mentioned) were in the display area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samstrikes View Post
This is for the clarification for all reader, Unfortunately a scene was created due to a mistake made. The Focus was never a part of the Super car rally nor was it done purposely to get in as the owner knew it want registered and nor did it qualify. It was parked by mistake by a friend for safe keep as there was a party held on Saturday.

Unfortunately it wasnt moved out in time in the morning. So appologies to the event organizers and Mr GS himself.
Thanks for the clarification. Love the car, was good to see it there (or in the area).

Hopefully your post should end much of this discussion.

cya
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 23rd January 2012 at 10:09.
Rehaan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2012, 10:19   #62
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by samstrikes View Post
This is for the clarification for all reader...

...So appologies to the event organizers and Mr GS himself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post

This is not a walk-in event for supercar owners. The cars that are officially participating and on display are chosen before hand, and this was not one of them.

And not all the cars you see driving along (eg. that goldwing you mentioned) were in the display area.

Hopefully your post should end much of this discuscussion
Thanks for the clarification samstrikes and Rehaan.

That should clear the air. Although, I still feel his 'fit' was a little uncalled for. Yes, Sam's car might not have been a part of the flag-off, but I'd expect someone of GS' caliber to handle the situation amicably. If I were him, I would've asked for a little test-drive of the Focus and during the TD, would have 'explained' the nuances of the event.

Oh, and Sam. I've said this before and I'll say it again. You've got a wonderful car mate. Nice to see it in great nick.
Old 23rd January 2012, 10:25   #63
BHPian

Quick clarification needed. Was the race prepped SLS also part of the drive? It seems that there would be a ground clearance issue in any road in India which has minor imperfections let alone speed breakers.
Old 23rd January 2012, 10:35   #64
BHPian

What a treat the rally was !
Although the maserati accident was sad.
Wonder why the 555 gtr dint turn up or did i miss it ? After the fireball throwing exhaust video of it on youtube, was expecting some show out of it at the event. Insideman's monster was missed too. May be its getting all the more pepped up
Old 23rd January 2012, 10:43   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanam View Post
Quick clarification needed. Was the race prepped SLS also part of the drive? It seems that there would be a ground clearance issue in any road in India which has minor imperfections let alone speed breakers.
Nope, it was not part of the drive.
Old 23rd January 2012, 10:57   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
A quick video i threw together :
Unfortunately there isn't a lot of "action" in the footage
Nice video, Whats that thing that guy is riding at 7:17 ?
Old 23rd January 2012, 11:25   #67
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
You have quite a steady hand!
Not at all actually! Really hard to keep the small GoPro steady, especially when walking around. Need to get some sort of rig for it. Would have liked to apply some image stabilization before throwing together the edit - but i didn't have the time.

EDIT: I've now stabilized the footage and re-uploaded it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_foot View Post
Nice video, Whats that thing that guy is riding at 7:17 ?
I seem to remember it saying "e-trike"? It was electric.

I was standing by a bunch of roadside kids, their reactions and comments were hilarious

cya
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 23rd January 2012 at 16:44.
Old 23rd January 2012, 11:37   #68

Correction - Not 55, there was a total of 101 cars, and many others joined the convoy directly next to Haji Ali.

The behavior of the spectators was indeed terrible. I saw these two white Swift Dzires, trying to catch up with the lady in the Blue Z4 taking part in the rally and pass comments/whistles etc.

A friend who was a part of the scene told me that Gautam Singhania has said that better security measures would be taken next year.

The Maser GTS' accident was a terrible sight.
Old 23rd January 2012, 11:53   #69
BHPian

Awesome Sunday!!

There was way too much traffic for a Sunday morning which limited these brutes from streching their legs.

The crowds were having a field day across the route.. very dangerously close on most instances.. but how can you blame them when this would be a once in a lifetime oppportunity for most to just see / hear these beauties.

The less said about the smaller cars trying to keep up with people hanging out of the windows the better!!It was outright dangerous!!

10/10 to all the drivers of the Supercars!! - The composure, control and attention required to keep these beasts on the road is something else..

Here's a video of Italian THE bull run on the sealink.. until the Germans, Brits and an American joined in.. I think it pretty much sums up the short bursts of speed and traffic.. (Please ignore the girly screams and language..)

Note: We were a part of the drive in the Jag XJ L.

Cheers..
R32_GTR is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2012, 11:56   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the clarification samstrikes and Rehaan.

That should clear the air. Although, I still feel his 'fit' was a little uncalled for. Yes, Sam's car might not have been a part of the flag-off, but I'd expect someone of GS' caliber to handle the situation amicably. If I were him, I would've asked for a little test-drive of the Focus and during the TD, would have 'explained' the nuances of the event.

Oh, and Sam. I've said this before and I'll say it again. You've got a wonderful car mate. Nice to see it in great nick.
I do not think so..

Saturday night at the pre event party the owner and his friends were informed of the car not being a participant and i did speak to the organisers too to make an exception but was turned down. They were informed nicely not to leave the car at the venue but it fell on deaf ears.

If after being informed and mind you this was not the first time, the owner should have got the message and stayed away. I dont see any wrong done by GS here as its the organisers that have to bear the brunt of things and not car owners. You gate crash at a high profile party and you will be thrown out and not exactly in a nice way, here it was told nicely and then stern action was taken when amicable attempts failed.

The Focus RS is a wonderful car and none of the organisers and especially GS need to td it. If it was refused, there is a reason and we are no one to judge the decission taken.
speedy is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2012, 12:28   #71
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
I do not think so..

Saturday night at the pre event party the owner and his friends were informed of the car not being a participant and i did speak to the organisers too to make an exception but was turned down. They were informed nicely not to leave the car at the venue but it fell on deaf ears.

If after being informed and mind you this was not the first time, the owner should have got the message and stayed away. I dont see any wrong done by GS here as its the organisers that have to bear the brunt of things and not car owners. You gate crash at a high profile party and you will be thrown out and not exactly in a nice way, here it was told nicely and then stern action was taken when amicable attempts failed.

The Focus RS is a wonderful car and none of the organisers and especially GS need to td it. If it was refused, there is a reason and we are no one to judge the decission taken.

The owner of the Focus is completely at fault here. I'm not justifying his act of 'gate-crashing' even after repeated warnings. He shouldn't have parked there.

But in my humble opinion, absolutely NOTHING justifies the act of manhandling someone else's car/property. Insult, demoralize, do whatever else. But why get physical?

It's good to see samstrikes taking all this in his stride.

Start your own little group and rally my friend. I would propagate that.

Let's stop this discussion now. It's getting quite stale and ruining the spirit of this thread.

EDIT: Out of curiosity, I'd like to know, how does one qualify to get an invite to be a part of the display cars before the flag-off?

Last edited by suhaas307 : 23rd January 2012 at 12:38.
suhaas307 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2012, 12:52   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

The owner of the Focus is completely at fault here. I'm not justifying his act of 'gate-crashing' even after repeated warnings. He shouldn't have parked there.

But in my humble opinion, absolutely NOTHING justifies the act of manhandling someone else's car/property. Insult, demoralize, do whatever else. But why get physical?

It's good to see samstrikes taking all this in his stride.

Start your own little group and rally my friend. I would propagate that.

Let's stop this discussion now. It's getting quite stale and ruining the spirit of this thread.
Suhaas307, you and me were not present at the location were things got heated up, so i cannot really comment. I have heard from Drivers who were at the spot when the fiasco happened.

No one manhandled anyone is what i was told, heated words were exchanged. I was not there and all i can go by is from what i have been told by other drivers who were part of the run.

No for your last question, the best people to answer this question of being qualified would be SCC themselves. As far as i know the cars that have been selected for the event are part of the display.

, lets cut this here and enjoy pics of the pics of the event.

Last edited by speedy : 23rd January 2012 at 13:02.
speedy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2012, 13:11   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Today in the Mumbai mirror its mentioned there was a gatecrasher at a car party (??????) lol. Apparently there were 50 Ferraris over 2.5crore while this Ford was only 11 lacs.

If theres something else that needs to improve with the driving sense of the city, its the journalists.
I read that article and facepalmed. Idiotic journalism that was phrased for sensationalism. I would be so angry if I owned that RS, I'd walk down to that office, catch hold of that journalism and drill a bit of sense into him. As if being "thrown out" of the show wasn't enough, it gets coverage like this. Shame.
Old 23rd January 2012, 13:57   #74
BHPian

Is that a digicam fixed on the roof?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...2_parade-9.jpg
Old 23rd January 2012, 14:12   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revtech View Post
couldnt agree with you more akshay..those guys in that silver desire specially were going insane and no one was giving the cars any room. i was really disgusted with their behavior..

ps the mini drag on the sea link was amazing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Im really sorry, but people really need to get some bloody driving sense. ....Next year there have to be some security arrangements made while on the move.
Cant agree more guys, but unfortunately the fact is nothing can be done other than ramping up security arrangements. I guess the traffic will have to be controlled with the help of the cops.

We had decided to wait at reclamation to be able to see the cars in action but unfortunately they were not given the space to do so. People were jumping onto the road stopping the cars and clicking pics

Also the turnout at reclamation this year was unbelievable...2 years back we where the only ones there and this year we couldent even get a clear view of the cars. I dont know how the crowd can be controlled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya101 View Post
Is that a digicam fixed on the roof?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...2_parade-9.jpg
Thats a GoPro camera commonly used to capture motorsport activity.

Last edited by KSM-Vtec : 23rd January 2012 at 14:17.
KSM-Vtec is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed