Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2012, 08:21   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: An ///M-azing Republic Day...BMW F10 M5 Pics and early impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taronish_E View Post
Kbk_75:

The pictures are amazing and so are the words.

Thanks for the review and looking forward to seeing this car on the roads. Would love to see it face off against an E63 AMG for a proper comparison.

Can that be arranged? Seeing as you are friends with the White M5's owner and insideman knows the guy with the white E63??
The car is about to go in for it's first service, so maybe after, who knows...

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyakmodi View Post
@kbk

i am glad that you mentioned that you wouldn't trade the m3. all the while i was looking at the pictures i felt that m3 still feels and looks better (sorry about your mate) - but that's and m5!!! there definitely is something wrong with me.

great effort on the pics i must say. parking the cars head on. then with their backs, then side by side. must have needed herculean will power to click the pics first (while making the cars pose) and not just go all out with the M.

p.s: loved the idea of the HUD. thank you for uploading the pics of it. any chances of it getting retro-fitted in other beemers? maybe your m3?
Yes, it took a LOT of self control to take all the pics, hurried as it all was, and not just drive off but I figured everyone here would like to see some shots of the car, as it IS quite new across the world and especially here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
AutoExpress has already done it. F10 vs w212 e 63 vs xf R facelift vs (for some odd reason) panamera S.

Drag race- BMW M5 v Porsche Panamera S v Mercedes E63 AMG v Jaguar XFR - evo exclusive - YouTube
I think they didn't use a Panamera Turbo or Turbo S because they were trying to compare mid-size super saloons within a certain price point. There's little doubt a Turbo S Panamera would have been quicker than the M5, but it is more than double the price of the M5!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berry View Post
Nice pictures there, would be nice to see the interior pics of the M5 too. The one at the Auto Expo had a stupid spherical gear stick, does it have the same ?
I tried to take a couple of pics of the interior, but by then we were all too impatient and just left for Mabi! That gear-stick is the standard M-DCT gear stick. The slope of the arm-rest in between the seats is absolutely perfect to just rest your arm and have your hand on the gear-stick, if you feel like changing gears that way, instead of using the paddles. Makes it feel a wee bit more like a regular manual, instead of an auto, in my opinion.

Last edited by kbk_75 : 30th January 2012 at 08:23.
kbk_75 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2012, 10:11   #32
Senior - BHPian

A Singapore Grey ///M5 from Mumbai has joined the gang. Hope for the pics soon, has awesome wheels!

Last edited by Maverick5490 : 30th January 2012 at 10:17.
Maverick5490 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2012, 21:46   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick5490 View Post
A Singapore Grey ///M5 from Mumbai has joined the gang. Hope for the pics soon, has awesome wheels!
Thanks for the news Mav! Do post pics if possible, waiting to see an m5 with good alloys.

Kbk- good to see you back on the forum, with a bang of a thread
Old 2nd February 2012, 15:25   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

That's a beautiful thread! You made me feel as if I was riding with you! Good write up and sexy pics!! Do give us a comparo when you get time, and some interior pics too!
Old 2nd February 2012, 17:59   #35
BHPian

I am glad to read that you didnt feel any lag despite of it being a turbocharged unit. I must be a lot quieter than the v10 in e60 m5 (just a guess). I have driven the 2008 M5 and the v10 was loud(not as loud as amgs but louder than any other bimmer)

You must be one happy man. I personally would have gone with the blue but hey thats not really what this car is about anyways.

Hope you enjoy it to the fullest.

Drive safe..!

Also Let me know if you decide to sell the M3.

Last edited by Mike89 : 2nd February 2012 at 18:01.
Old 5th February 2012, 09:30   #36
BHPian

Thats quite a republic day, eh?

I have a question for you, however i am not sure if the actual intention of the question can be conveyed over my limited vocabulary.

I have driven the previous generation M5 across various twists and turns and freeways of California. I especially recollect the brilliant highway one and the road from San Mateo to Half-moon bay where the car was absolute blast! I could never think of a single second during my drives where i did not smile. I used to hate co-passengers and just wanted to drive alone, smiling to myself whilst talking to the car. Brilliant, absolutely brilliant.

At that point, it was really hard to think of any car (lets keep the supercars out of this for a bit) that would even come close to this experience. But then it happened the next day, in an M3 (another example of the one in your garage)

The M3 was as good as the M5 and more. It was Magical, purely magical. May be it was the size, may be it was the corners, may be i'll never be able to point finger at what exactly it was - but the M3 made me feel a lot more special and took me beyond a world of magnificence than what the M5 could (only slightly though, but good enough to get me staring at the car through out lunch at Moss beach distillery).

So back to my question - How does the new M5 make you feel? especially when you compare it to the (wonderland trans-ponding) m3 in your garage? How much special (or more special) does the car make you feel?

Last edited by azeemhafiz : 5th February 2012 at 09:31.
Old 5th February 2012, 15:44   #37
BHPian

the M5 is worth every penny! even with duties n all.

i have some interesting questions.

1) do people sometimes get fooled into thinking its just a 5 series? auto enthusiast can spot it from miles away but have u had such experience?

2) which one sounds better man!! i think people would really like to know!

3) did you feel the difference in fuel efficiency at all. not that it matters. just bmw claims that new M5 is 30% fuel efficent.and new M5 has 10 liter bigger fuel tank.

4) how much tax n stuff did you have to pay??

i heard the new M5 if unlocked (155 mph limit) can go beyond 200mph. wow!!

Last edited by Caramelo : 5th February 2012 at 15:47.
Old 6th February 2012, 00:02   #38
Senior - BHPian

OMG !!! the engine intake of the M5 looks like it will suck anything. Nice pics and review kbk. M3 looks much better to me, a NA V8 and looks to die for. M5 looks a bit just too large :-) .

PS: you have a nice garage for the M3
Old 6th February 2012, 00:45   #39
BHPian

I love how much bigger the F10 5-Series actually look than the E60 (I'm not sure what the difference in size actually is). I've always thought that the F10 M5 looks very understated, but who cares when you have that much power, eh? Great to see you'll already drove it down to Mahableshwar, kudos on that!

Just wondering, what was the OTR? (is it MH registered?)
Old 7th February 2012, 17:01   #40
Senior - BHPian

Fantastic write-up KBK and a great experience for you im sure. thanks a lot!

What size wheels were doing duty on the M5? Interesting to note that yours and your mates car had similar alloys on.

Could you tell us how much the new M5 would cost on the road?

Im glad you are sticking with the M3. To me it looks better than the M5.
Old 8th February 2012, 19:55   #41

Wow !! These are probably two of the most lusted after cars in the world with the ///M badge!! Seeing them together like this is amazing ! I can only imagine how proud the owners would be of their babies !
Old 9th February 2012, 10:30   #42
BHPian

Wow!! you are one lucky man. Both the cars look amazing.

Please post some interior picture also.

If I am correct, I assume that the below picture is of M5 dash. It is clearly evident that even BMW is unfair with Indian Customers. The difference in design of Global M5 and Indian M5 is clearly evident in the below pictures.

I did not expect this from a company of BMW stature.

Attached Thumbnails
An ///M-azing Republic Day...BMW F10 M5 Pics and early impressions-sasd.jpg  

Last edited by ankurvirmani19 : 9th February 2012 at 10:47.
ankurvirmani19 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2012, 11:01   #43
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankurvirmani19 View Post
Wow!! you are one lucky man. Both the cars look amazing.

Please post some interior picture also.

If I am correct, I assume that the below picture is of M5 dash. It is clearly evident that even BMW is unfair with Indian Customers. The difference in design of Global M5 and Indian M5 is clearly evident in the below pictures.

You do know the M5 is a direct import, so they really cannot make the Indian car substandard. Secondly I assume you are talking about the leather covering on the dash, which would be an option the owner has not chosen. So I don't understand how you can accuse of BMW giving substandard cars to India where they actually bring all their global products here in a quicker time than Mercedes or Audi.
Akshay1234 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th February 2012, 11:11   #44
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankurvirmani19 View Post

I don’t think there is any bias in this case. This looks like a difference based on the chosen interior trim.

For example, with the black leather interiors, there are options to choose – Black Merino Leather or Black Merino Full Leather. On choosing the latter, the dash looks like the 2nd picture in your post.
Old 9th February 2012, 11:20   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
You do know the M5 is a direct import, so they really cannot make the Indian car substandard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
I don’t think there is any bias in this case. This looks like a difference based on the chosen interior trim.
My Bad, thanks for the info. Although I am not accusing BMW for that, it was just an understanding gap that I had.

That's why wrote "If I am Correct".
ankurvirmani19 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks