Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2012, 10:02   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: An ///M-azing Republic Day...BMW F10 M5 Pics and early impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbk_75 View Post
Nice shots! Is that M5 blue or grey? Looks different in different light!
Thanks! Its a Singapore Grey.
Old 25th April 2012, 20:29   #62
BANNED

Quote:

1. To a layman an M car is just a BMW. I have overheard two drivers discussing my M3 while I was gassing up once. Driver 1: "Yeh kya gaadi hai?" Driver 2: "Arre yeh toh BMW hai! Made in India!"
come to Chandigarh.. a city that really knows BMW.

Fantastic rides man!!

So which one is fast, thats the main question??
Old 25th April 2012, 20:34   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by taranonline View Post
come to Chandigarh.. a city that really knows BMW.

Fantastic rides man!!

So which one is fast, thats the main question??
In a straight line the M5 is quicker.
kbk_75 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2012, 20:49   #64
BANNED

Quote:
In a straight line the M5 is quicker.
Wow!! BMW improves stuff everyday . Whats the ODO reading on both cars? if you dont mind!!
Old 25th April 2012, 21:10   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick5490 View Post
Thanks! Its a Singapore Grey.
Is that the car that's been banged?

Quote:
Originally Posted by taranonline View Post
Wow!! BMW improves stuff everyday . Whats the ODO reading on both cars? if you dont mind!!
Approx. 27k and 7k
Old 25th September 2012, 17:14   #66
BHPian

Hey!
Not sure if this is the right tread to give my inputs or get some opinion, but i found this to be the only discussing the F10 M5 & didn't feel the need to start a new thread.

A friend of mine has been looking to buy a performance sedan for some time & we had shortlisted the Jaguar XFR,Mercedes C63, BMW M5 & Audi S4.
We had driven the C63 eariler in may & he did'nt really like it.

We had a test drive of the M5 at Infinity Motors recently & my friend is blown , it does pretty much everything that he expected & really contemplating to buy one even without trying the S4 as it may take a lot of time to get one.

We had a few questions.
1) If you order one does it take 4-5 months for delivery if you do not go for a pre configured vehicle?
2)Coming form a guy who owns a Land rover discovery 4 & a 5 year old 525d, How challenging is to maintain one. i,e. costs,intervals of changing tryes etc?
TIA
Old 25th September 2012, 17:44   #67
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo007 View Post
Hey!
Not sure if this is the right tread to give my inputs or get some opinion, but i found this to be the only discussing the F10 M5 & didn't feel the need to start a new thread.

A friend of mine has been looking to buy a performance sedan for some time & we had shortlisted the Jaguar XFR,Mercedes C63, BMW M5 & Audi S4.
We had driven the C63 eariler in may & he did'nt really like it.

We had a test drive of the M5 at Infinity Motors recently & my friend is blown , it does pretty much everything that he expected & really contemplating to buy one even without trying the S4 as it may take a lot of time to get one.

We had a few questions.
1) If you order one does it take 4-5 months for delivery if you do not go for a pre configured vehicle?
2)Coming form a guy who owns a Land rover discovery 4 & a 5 year old 525d, How challenging is to maintain one. i,e. costs,intervals of changing tryes etc?
TIA
No disrespect, but the S4 is at a lower level than the M5 etc.

I'm not surprised your friend liked the M5 the most out of the options.

As for your questions, if you want a customized vehicle with your own choice of interior and exterior it takes 4-5 months. But I think they do have a couple of M5s in stock, and its worth a look since those are apparently fully specced vehicles.

I think BSI is available, so that will take care of maintenance. Tyre replacements will depend on how its driven. Maintenance costs will of course be higher than the 525d, consider it is a high performance car but if the car is not going to be modded then BSI is your best bet.
Akshay1234 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th September 2012, 21:03   #68
BHPian

Yeah certainly the S4 the a level lower. My friend wanted a comfortable performance sedan which was easy to use & own. Although getting to drive the S4 would ve been interesting to our understanding of difference of almost half a car at half the price . But after driving the M5 he is more or less locked on to it. Though it does have a few difficulties, the pre configured car is white with shakir orange interiors for which he is not sure if he'll like it as he is very keen on the blue for which he might have to wait 5 months. Guess will have to wait till the white car is cleared from the customes & check it.
Nice to know the M5 has maintenance package as the sales guy wasn't aware of it.
Old 25th September 2012, 21:44   #69
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
TIA
neo- Its ironic your friend seems to be in an exact same circumstance as me. I own a 525d that is almost 5 years old now and looking at a performance car similar to the options you mentioned

The M5 is steep, how much was your friend quoted after any discounts for the white m5?

The S4 seems like the best deal and the worst at the same time. It is the best deal as no car for more than double it's price can perform as well, it is the worst deal because it is double the price of a regular A4 but doesn't seem much more special. The exterior and interior are just too unchanged from the regular A4

I did inquire about the S4 last month and the test drive car was expected this month end. Do check with the Audi West dealer, they might be able to give your friend a TD.
Sahil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2012, 00:50   #70
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Yeah certainly the S4 the a level lower. My friend wanted a comfortable performance sedan which was easy to use & own. Although getting to drive the S4 would ve been interesting to our understanding of difference of almost half a car at half the price . But after driving the M5 he is more or less locked on to it. Though it does have a few difficulties, the pre configured car is white with shakir orange interiors for which he is not sure if he'll like it as he is very keen on the blue for which he might have to wait 5 months. Guess will have to wait till the white car is cleared from the customes & check it.
Nice to know the M5 has maintenance package as the sales guy wasn't aware of it.
At half the price the S4 certainly makes a very good case for itself. Actually less than half the price lol.

The Blue will be the most common colour, which is something your friend may not like. The white with sakhir will look great.

I remember reading a list showing the BSI costs for all the cars, and I saw the M3, X5m etc listed, so I assume its available for the M5 too.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2012, 11:03   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yeah certainly the S4 the a level lower. My friend wanted a comfortable performance sedan which was easy to use & own. Although getting to drive the S4 would ve been interesting to our understanding of difference of almost half a car at half the price .
, The S4 is a level lower but it packs quite a punch with 333 bhp and 440 nm torque and a 0-100 kmph figure of 4.9 seconds it can give the big boys a run for their money under the right hands. The M5 being a v8 turbo is quite a guzzler for fuel, while the S4 being a V6 supercharged is economical as well. I am assuming after seeing your location as being Mumbai and Surat, the fuel issue would also come in for Gujrat. The M5 runs on 97 octane as i have seen while the S4 can run on 91 octane as well. The S4 as mentioned is also not anything fancy to look at..from a distance a modified A4 to everyone with the Quad exhaust and a perfect sleeper car for those who want the punch without being in your face. If you compare pricing also the base or reasonably specced M5 comes to about 1.18 or 1.25 cr while the S4 with good specs is 61 L on road Bombay. IMO the S4 is the easier one to use everyday and own too. The Dealership S4's have arrived but are awaiting clearance from the Customs, so i would say by the second week of october they should be at the dealerships.
speedy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2012, 14:22   #72
BHPian

Thanks to all with chipping in.
We were quoted 98.9L ex showroom for th M5. The pre configured car was with options of M seats, rear seat entertainment,dvd changer, active headlights pack & it was 104L. The quote has BMW secure @ around1.15L But the BSI 60000/3yrs was mentioned as actuals.Any idea what the BSI package cost might be?
Is there is discount available the M5???
The white with sakhir might look good, so we are going to check it once it's in the showroom. The Monte Carlo blue is exclusive to the M5 & there aren't going to be loads of them on the road i reckon, so the question of it being uncommon doesn't arise.Anyways colours,looks etc are very personal opinions so guess it's best to get a combo that one wants as he is going to use it for a long time.

The S4 reviews(always take them with a pinch of salt) do suggest it to be more user friendly & it seems more oriented towards regular use, but the M5 seemed just fine to us in all conditions be it the ride, handling, performance& also this not going to a vehicle for regular use. It'll mostly be used for highways. The car we drove was running on regular fuel although we have to re confirm that. AFAIK a turbo is more efficient than a supercharger but the the 3.0 is a combination of both & since it's also a smaller engine & lighter car it'll be more efficient for sure.
The S4 has been a confusing proposition all along.It seems to look very similar to the normal A4's,It doesn't have the space & comfort of the M5, the BMW 328i might be more involving to drive although with less power & the in few months the to be launched 335 might be a better car in all respects. The new 3series also has better space than the A4.
May be test drive will hopefully answer a few questions.
Cheers
Old 26th September 2012, 14:24   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
S4 can run on 91 octane as well.
Have you driven the S4 with regular 91 octane? What kind of performance drop can one expect? The 0 to 100 in 4.9 would defiantly be hit significantly I'm guessing

NEO- If your friend can wait a few months then watch out for the all new M3 that will be released this weekend at the Paris motor show. Last time the e92 M3 made it to our shores pretty quick and a BHPian was the first to acquire it. I reckon it could make it to India well within 6 months.

Last edited by Sahil : 26th September 2012 at 14:29.
Sahil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2012, 14:54   #74
BHPian

Thanks for the tip will certainly inform him. But 6 months for launch & maybe another 6 to get one might be to much ask for to some one who has tasted blood :-)
Old 26th September 2012, 14:58   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Have you driven the S4 with regular 91 octane? What kind of performance drop can one expect? The 0 to 100 in 4.9 would defiantly be hit significantly I'm guessing
I have driven the S4 with 91 octane and the performance drop to a layman is not much. The timing i really cannot pin point as i was not measureing it but can say it would be in the 5 seconds region.

I prefer filling 97 octane on all performance oriented cars..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks