Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2012, 16:21   #16
Senior - BHPian

re: Supercars & Imports : Jharkhand

I have noted sudden increase in JH05 registered EXOTIC cars in Mumbai within last one year. Earlier it was Chandigarh regsitereds. I see a B&W (Two Tone) RR-Evoque everyday here which is registered in JH05 bcoz the owners is obsessed with 6666 numbers & all his UBER RICH & EXOTICS car fancy same number but registered all over India.
So JH RTO is actually seems to be doing very GOOD BUSINESS.

Raab Rakha.
Old 13th April 2012, 19:12   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4ch View Post
GREAT thread!
BTW slightly so apologies but where abouts are you from exactly??
I am living in a private colony on pardih highway. Earlier we used to live in Golmuri, but moved to our new house 4 years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcash View Post
Never thought that I would ever see a thread titled Supercars & Imports in Jamshedpur on the forum! Most of the cars mentioned or photographed here belong to close friends. In fact a white F10 has just been delivered as well. The Miata does not belong to a sportsperson but a retired senior Tata employee. He works out at JRD. It is quite old.Finally, I do not have an import but if anyone would like to see my classic Benz, feel free to PM me. I will be coming down in July for a few weeks.
I too never thought that I would ever create a thread titled Supercars & Imports in Jamshedpur on the forum. It may be only for tax purposes, but still feels good to see a super car regd. in your town.

I am junior member & hence cannot PM you. But i would definitely like to see your Benz.
searchingheaven is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2012, 03:21   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In my opinion the rarest and possibly coolest import in Jampot is what was once RHMs red 280ce W123coupe. I posted pictures in the W123 thread a few years ago. That car is from the late 70s and the inline 6 makes a healthy 180 bhp. The car is in fab shape as well - I think a cal based transporter owns in Jamshedpur.
I was trying my best to remember about the classic owned by RHM which was in Jamshedpur,and was racking my brains.Thank you for the reminder,yes i remember the pic which you had posted long back.Beautiful car!
Old 14th April 2012, 16:27   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by searchingheaven View Post
I too never thought that I would ever create a thread titled Supercars & Imports in Jamshedpur on the forum. It may be only for tax purposes, but still feels good to see a super car regd. in your town.

I am junior member & hence cannot PM you. But i would definitely like to see your Benz.
Incidentally, I had texted the Vahan self query SMS number a few weeks ago and it seems that the SLS is registered as a Mahindra Scorpio!

Will drop you my phone number in July. I am in CH Area. You can come over then.
Old 14th April 2012, 16:58   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesonu View Post
I have noted sudden increase in JH05 registered EXOTIC cars in Mumbai within last one year. Earlier it was Chandigarh regsitereds. I see a B&W (Two Tone) RR-Evoque everyday here which is registered in JH05 bcoz the owners is obsessed with 6666 numbers & all his UBER RICH & EXOTICS car fancy same number but registered all over India.
So JH RTO is actually seems to be doing very GOOD BUSINESS.

Raab Rakha.
That is because mumbai's leading luxury vehicles dealer Navneet Motors owns JLR in Jharkhand and is simply pushing sales of JLR vehicles through its JH dealership.
Old 14th April 2012, 17:25   #21
Senior - BHPian

Came upon this thread when I suddenly saw "Jamshedpur" flashing in the topics page!

I am originally from Jampot too, grew up and schooled there (Loyola), before I settled here in Pune.

More than the cars, I was excited seeing photos and hearing of familiar place names from my boyhood!

Aaaah nostalgia ....
Old 14th April 2012, 18:40   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
I am originally from Jampot too, grew up and schooled there (Loyola), before I settled here in Pune.

More than the cars, I was excited seeing photos and hearing of familiar place names from my boyhood!

Aaaah nostalgia ....
Feels very good to hear that...I mean, the flash of Pune has not erased the memories of Jamshedpur.

Quote:
Incidentally, I had texted the Vahan self query SMS number a few weeks ago and it seems that the SLS is registered as a Mahindra Scorpio!

Will drop you my phone number in July. I am in CH Area. You can come over then.
Thanks. BTW, the regd. error is due to the fact that the JH05AH 7272 was originally regd. to a brown Scorpio. But the car had a awful crash on NH-33 & could not be restored. The owner of the SLS wanted that no. & hence got it transferred. I don't not know if its correct or not, but that is what most people here will tell you. The story goes such. BTW, is it possible &/or legal?
Old 14th April 2012, 19:17   #23
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhilesh51 View Post
That is because mumbai's leading luxury vehicles dealer Navneet Motors owns JLR in Jharkhand and is simply pushing sales of JLR vehicles through its JH dealership.
Is there a JLR dealership in Jharkhand? I seriously doubt it.
Old 14th April 2012, 19:51   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Is there a JLR dealership in Jharkhand? I seriously doubt it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by akhilesh51 View Post
Yes //M, you're right. There is no JLR dealership in Jharkhand. Although Ratan Tata said that he was thinking of opening one here(on 3rd March, founder's day), it won't be anytime soon. The Jag was bought in Kolkota, not anywhere in Jharkhand. Proof in an HT article.
Link to article: From Baelgadi to Bugati - Hindustan Times

We don't even have Merc, BMW, or Audi here, forget Jaguar.
Old 14th April 2012, 22:40   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Yes //M, you're right. There is no JLR dealership in Jharkhand. Although Ratan Tata said that he was thinking of opening one here(on 3rd March, founder's day), it won't be anytime soon. The Jag was bought in Kolkota, not anywhere in Jharkhand. Proof in an HT article.
Link to article: From Baelgadi to Bugati - Hindustan Times

We don't even have Merc, BMW, or Audi here, forget Jaguar.
Sorry, My Bad ! There has been some confusion about Navnit in Jamshedpur. Request the mods to kindly delete my earlier post.
Old 16th April 2012, 10:54   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Feels very good to hear that...I mean, the flash of Pune has not erased the memories of Jamshedpur.
In 1989 when I came to Pune as a 18 year old to study at the AFMC, Pune was a lot like Jampot, only bigger.

Its a lot different now, but so is Jamshedpur to an extent (was there last in 2004).

Your boyhood school memories can never be erased man. You are what you are as a person because of your school.

College merely puts the finishing touches and prepares you for a career.

Last edited by ebonho : 16th April 2012 at 10:59.
Old 16th April 2012, 11:51   #27
BHPian

Another Range Rover Evoque in Jamshedpur. WB regd. This time real-close, i mean, it belongs to my brother's friend. My bro on right side in pic. Will go for a detailed review & photo shoot next weekend. Pic taken at his house in Mango. Beside Arjun Tower(Reliance Fresh). Proof that it is from Jamshedpur: You can notice the Amrit packers & movers ad in background.
Attached Thumbnails
Supercars & Imports : Jharkhand-rangey-2.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Jharkhand-rangey-3.jpg  

Last edited by GTO : 31st January 2015 at 12:05. Reason: As requested
Old 11th June 2012, 10:10   #28
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Some recent additions in Jamshedpur:

1. Audi A6
2. Harley Davidson Street Bob
3. Harley Davidson Super Glide
4. Harley Davidson Superlow (no pics though)
5. Yamaha R1

Some additions to Ranchi:

1. Land Rover Freelander (no pics yet)
2. BMW X5 (no pics yet)
3. Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade (no pics yet)
4. Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa
Attached Thumbnails
Supercars & Imports : Jharkhand-dsc03727.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Jharkhand-167822_166536456725137_5523721_n-1.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Jharkhand-308299_1947459456249_1736930992_n.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Jharkhand-318342_2025544848335_1300262749_n.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Jharkhand-319254_1981111057518_1994320661_n.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Jharkhand-dsc03732.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Jharkhand-163680_1741063417106_3481023_n.jpg  

//M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2012, 08:32   #29
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

The white Bentley Continental GT that I have mentioned in my earlier posts was just a temporary car but there's a green/grey Bentley CFS which is owned by a mining baron in Ranchi. The guy also has a private jet. I will try to source some pics but sadly the CFS is not seen often in Ranchi roads.
Old 12th June 2012, 13:51   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Some recent additions in Jamshedpur:

1. Audi A6
I had a feeling this would be posted soon. Opposite Gopal (Regal) Ground, if I am not mistaken. I spent a large part of my childhood in the owners flat.

Have you seen the Harley in Ashisna? Same house as the ML? I was offered a ride but politely declined since I am not comfortable on motorcycles. I will post pictures when I am in Jamshedpur next month. Cheers.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks