Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2012, 19:12   #1
BHPian

Supercars & Imports : Jharkhand

Jamshedpur is a small industrial town in Jharkhand, which as most of you may know has the following credits to itself(Source: Wikipedia, link to page:Jamshedpur - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

*Jamshedpur is the first planned industrial city of India
*Jamshedpur was declared the 7th cleanest city of India for the year 2010
*Jamshedpur was declared the 7th richest city of India.
*Jamshedpur has been selected as one of the cities for the Global Compact Cities Pilot Programme by United Nations, the only one to be selected in India as well as the entire South-East Asia.

What you may not know is that Jhakhand has quite low taxes & with its underrated status, it makes it ideal for big businessmen to stay low profile.There are many Exotics even in Jamshedpur. I will try to keep up the post count to 1 post per 2 days.For starting, here are some teasers.

Q5, spotted in Mango,jamshedpurSupercars & Imports : Jharkhand-q5.jpg
SLS AMG, spotted in Bistupur, reported by Autocar India, Sept. 2011Supercars & Imports : Jharkhand-sls-amg.jpg
Audi A4, spotted in Kadma.Supercars & Imports : Jharkhand-audi-a4-ac.jpgSupercars & Imports : Jharkhand-audi-a4-c.jpg
Range Rover Evoque, will be regd. as JH05 vehicle in a month. Will update pic then. Spotted at Centre Point hotel, BistupurSupercars & Imports : Jharkhand-rr-evoque-2.jpgSupercars & Imports : Jharkhand-rr-evoque.jpg
The big cat of today. The Jaguar XJ SuperSport 5.0L. Blanked regd. no only, so that it can be recognised as JH vehicle. Only one in east india, i believe. Big.Brutal.Fast.Supercars & Imports : Jharkhand-photojh05ah-0051.jpg
searchingheaven is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 12th April 2012, 01:40   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Supercars/Exotics in Jamshedpur

Jharkhand has a handful of exotics I believe. Especially Ranchi. I think there should be a dedicated Jharkhand thread instead of a Jamshedpur specific thread.

XJ L SuperSport packs quite a punch,but looks nothing like it. Nice to see it in Jamshedpur!
Old 12th April 2012, 01:52   #3
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Ranchi has a white Bentley Continental GT, a silver BMW X5, a white RR Evoque, a white Lexus LX470 (MH regd), couple of Toyota Sera'a (1xRed, 1xYellow), a brown Hummer H2 (belongs to M.S.Dhoni), a white Hummer H2 (which shuttles between Bangalore and Ranchi, Nagaland registered), a black Toyota LC200 (DL regd), few Audi's and Bimmer's too. Apart from these, a few vintage cars too.

There are many JH regd cars in other states, but the truth is that apart from some regular high-end cars like Audi Q7 and Merc S-Class, there are not many exotics currently in the state.

A few SBK's from Ranchi:
1. Kawasaki ZX14R (Black color, belongs to M.S.Dhoni)
2. Yamaha Thundercat (Red color, belongs to M.S.Dhoni)
3. Harley Davidson (belongs to M.S.Dhoni)
4. Yamaha R1 (Red)
5. Honda CBR600 RR (1xWhite, 1xRed)
6. Honda CB400 (Red)
7. an old Ducati (Grey color)
8. Suzuki Hayabusa (Black, 2011 model)
9. Yamaha FZ-1 (White)

Ranchi is also believed to have a red Ducati 1098/1198 and a black Yamaha MT-01. I am not sure of these though, it maybe a rumour too.

Jamshedpur has a purple Harley Davidson Street Bob and a white Hayabusa, atleast AFAIK.

Last edited by //M : 12th April 2012 at 02:15.
//M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2012, 10:09   #4
BHPian

Hi I am also from jamshedpur,

Honestly I dont think there are so many exotics there. There are some Audis(mostly Q7s , Pajeros and Beemers (mostly owned by Miners of Chaibasa and builders in Jharkhand)
There is an old black Miata MH04 owned by an eminent sports person who now works for Tata. You can see it parked often at JRD sports complex
The street bob is owned by a guy who had an old Willys, 3 RDs , 2 old Suzuki GSX 400s bought from Nagpur and few Enfields. he was selling all of it to get the HD.

However there are JH05 registered exotics all over the place.
Its the new tax/jhol haven after NL, DN, HR 26, HR55 to save taxes

The Jaguar is mostly seen in Pune and Mumbai and is owned by a steel magnate who also has a base in jamshedpur.

I have personally seen JH05 registered following cars in Mumbai

2 Audi q7s
1 Audi R8 v10
1 Merc SLK 350 (regularily parked on vashi - Koperkhairne road at a builder's office)
1 E class convertible ( shaman's club torque car uploaded by GTO in the thread)
1 white Porsche Cayenne S often seen in Bandra

There must be a racket at the jamshedpur RTO I believe which I am really curious about

There is a BR 06 (Muzzafarpur Bihar ) registered blue R8 in Bandra too

Ranchi has a fair share of exotics. An aquantaince has a WB registered flying spur (which I heard was recieved for non payment of money related to mining) and another famous liquor guy who has a long list of exotics was getting one too.

OT: Its great to see so many Members from Jampot. Can we look forward to a meet sometime ?

Last edited by vikramvicky1984 : 12th April 2012 at 10:13.
Old 12th April 2012, 12:32   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikramvicky1984 View Post
Hi I am also from jamshedpur,

Honestly I dont think there are so many exotics there. There are some Audis(mostly Q7s , Pajeros and Beemers (mostly owned by Miners of Chaibasa and builders in Jharkhand)
The Jaguar is mostly seen in Pune and Mumbai and is owned by a steel magnate who also has a base in jamshedpur.

There must be a racket at the jamshedpur RTO I believe which I am really curious about

OT: Its great to see so many Members from Jampot. Can we look forward to a meet sometime ?
Of course Jamshedpur doesn't have many exotics, but even then it packs quite a punch considering its size. But the Jag is not owned by a steel magnate but a builder/hotelier/miner.(Link to page:From Baelgadi to Bugati - Hindustan Times Yes, i also would request the mods to make it a JH thread rather than Jamshedpur one. And yes, we can meet up at a convenient time and place when possible.
searchingheaven is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2012, 17:14   #6
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

I have personally seen JH05 registered following cars in Mumbai

2 Audi q7s
1 Audi R8 v10
1 Merc SLK 350 (regularily parked on vashi - Koperkhairne road at a builder's office)
1 E class convertible ( shaman's club torque car uploaded by GTO in the thread)
1 white Porsche Cayenne S often seen in Bandra
Add a white JH05 regd Audi R8 V8 to that list too. There's also a black Evoque which is JH05 regd in Mumbai and also a JH10 (Dhanbad RTO) regd Jaguar XF too.

Quote:
There is a BR 06 (Muzzafarpur Bihar ) registered blue R8 in Bandra too
The blue BR06 R8 is quite a surprise. I heard about it almost 6 months back from a friend.

Quote:
Ranchi has a fair share of exotics. An aquantaince has a WB registered flying spur (which I heard was recieved for non payment of money related to mining) and another famous liquor guy who has a long list of exotics was getting one too.
I have seen the Bentley only once in Ranchi and thought it was the Continental GT. Had seen it from a distance so I'm not sure if its a CGT or a Flying Spur.

Also which liquor guy you are talking about? The one who has plenty of vintages parked at his mansion in Lalpur, Ranchi?

Lastly, this thread deserves more pics. It will be great if you can post the pics of the Bentley from your acquaintance.
Old 12th April 2012, 17:20   #7
BHPian

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Slang and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members. We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 13th April 2012 at 14:17.
vikramvicky1984 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 12th April 2012, 17:30   #8
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Yes I know. They have plenty of cars but nothing exotic. They have a HR regd Audi A6, a BMW 520d and a Merc E350 currently. Last I heard they planned to get a Jaguar XJ, not sure if they actually bought it or not.

Ranchi also has a black Jaguar XF and a white Land Rover Freelander. Also another RR Evoque is expected soon.

Last edited by GTO : 13th April 2012 at 14:18. Reason: Quoted post has been deleted
Old 13th April 2012, 00:06   #9
Senior - BHPian

re: Supercars & Imports : Jharkhand

That XJ is a supersport?Doesnt look like one,supersport has different rims.This Xj was the first XJ sold by the Calcutta showroom.

I have seen a JH reg Volvo XC90 in Calcutta.

Also isnt that JH-reg SLS is Mumbai based?

Arunabh,Dhoni has taken a delivery of a Confederete Hellcat!

Last edited by avishar : 13th April 2012 at 00:10.
Old 13th April 2012, 00:09   #10
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
Arunabh,Dhoni has taken a delivery of a Confederete Hellcat!
Hell yeah. But I wonder if he will bring it to Ranchi. Even if he does, it would hardly hit the road. But I seriously hope to see the Hellcat in flesh. I'm totally smitten. It looks so gangsta.
Old 13th April 2012, 00:17   #11
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
Also isnt that JH-reg SLS is Mumbai based?
Yes, had seen a pic of it on fb clicked in Pune. But that car i believe is in Delhi now.

Also there are 2 White R8's in Mumbai bearing JH registration. One being the V8 & other the V10. Also have seen XJL's, Evoque & some other imports bearing JH registration in Mumbai.
Old 13th April 2012, 10:37   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Also there are 2 White R8's in Mumbai bearing JH registration. One being the V8 & other the V10. Also have seen XJL's, Evoque & some other imports bearing JH registration in Mumbai.
Those cars have been registered in JH just to save tax, just like Delhi where people get their cars registered in chandigarh or haryana.
Old 13th April 2012, 11:19   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by searchingheaven View Post
Jamshedpur is a small industrial town in Jharkhand, which as most of you may know has the following credits to itself...
GREAT thread! I'm originally from Jamshedpur but have not lived there for more than 15 years now. Last visit was a good couple of years ago and I always had an inkling that there was some great rides being driven around, but never really had the chance to explore. Will definitely keep an eye on this thread.

BTW slightly so apologies but where abouts are you from exactly??

Quote:
Originally Posted by vagu View Post
Those cars have been registered in JH just to save tax, just like Delhi where people get their cars registered in chandigarh or haryana.
Now I have a question: If your spending 1Crore+ on a car, what the hec does a couple of lakhs (relatively speaking) in tax make to you so that you register the car in a different state? If you can afford such luxuries then you should damn well be able to pay the appropriate tax right? How much exactly is the tax saving? I doubt its more than a couple of %. Is this just the naturally stingy and evasive attitude of us Indians? Someone please clarify cos I seriously don't get it.
Old 13th April 2012, 14:07   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4ch View Post
Now I have a question: If your spending 1Crore+ on a car, what the hec does a couple of lakhs (relatively speaking) in tax make to you so that you register the car in a different state? If you can afford such luxuries then you should damn well be able to pay the appropriate tax right? How much exactly is the tax saving? I doubt its more than a couple of %. Is this just the naturally stingy and evasive attitude of us Indians? Someone please clarify cos I seriously don't get it.
The difference is not couple of lakhs but more than 10 lakhs for a 1cr car, for example road tax in banglore is around 18% and in chandigarh 2.5% so you can save a cool 15.5%, now do your maths for say a 2-3Crore car.
Old 13th April 2012, 15:38   #15
BHPian

Never thought that I would ever see a thread titled Supercars & Imports in Jamshedpur on the forum! Most of the cars mentioned or photographed here belong to close friends. In fact a white F10 has just been delivered as well.

The Miata does not belong to a sportsperson but a retired senior Tata employee. He works out at JRD. It is quite old.

Also the SLS is not in Jamshedpur and has never been there - not in Bistipur, Sakchi or Bhuyiandi. period. At one point this car was in Bombay along with several other JH registered Range Rovers. Again these have no Jamshedpur connection other than being done by residents in other cities for tax saving registration purposes.

Finally, I do not have an import but if anyone would like to see my classic Benz, feel free to PM me. I will be coming down in July for a few weeks.

In my opinion the rarest and possibly coolest import in Jampot is what was once RHMs red 280ce W123coupe. I posted pictures in the W123 thread a few years ago. That car is from the late 70s and the inline 6 makes a healthy 180 bhp. The car is in fab shape as well - I think a cal based transporter owns in Jamshedpur.

Last edited by vcash : 13th April 2012 at 15:44.
vcash is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks