Team-BHP - Chevy Camaro in Mumbai
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Super-Cars & Imports in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/)
-   -   Chevy Camaro in Mumbai (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/119176-chevy-camaro-mumbai.html)

Another DXB-regd car, this time a Chevrolet Camaro, has been spotted on the streets of Mumbai :D

Pic Courtesy - Supercar Paparazzi | Facebook

There also was a red one that was seen in the city. The yellow one is down south i believe.

Super-HOT! American muscle cars have unmatched character, and are priced rather well too (relatively). Hope this particular example is a V8; the real Mustangs & Camaros always have 8 cylinders :)

For lovers of American muscle, here's a treat for your eyes : Link

Nice catch!

I don't understand why Chevy doesn't let the Camaro and the Corvette range loose in the Indian market. ZL1 versions of either one,even for about a crore of rupees sounds like a really good deal.

Nice catch! Thanks for sharing.
Absolutely love the mean stance of the Camaro.
Quite a sedate color. Would have loved to see a black or a red one.

What are these Dubai registered cars doing in Mumbai?

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Not digging the color

Quote:

Originally Posted by AyAn! (Post 2748383)
Nice catch!

I don't understand why Chevy doesn't let the Camaro and the Corvette range loose in the Indian market. ZL1 versions of either one,even for about a crore of rupees sounds like a really good deal.

Because Chevy doesn't make a RHD (right-hand drive) version of the Camaro or the Corvette.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SDP (Post 2748389)
What are these Dubai registered cars doing in Mumbai?

These cars are here on 'carnet', they can have the car down here without paying insane duties for 6-8 months and then send them back.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 2747821)
Super-HOT! American muscle cars have unmatched character, and are priced rather well too (relatively). Hope this particular example is a V8; the real Mustangs & Camaros always have 8 cylinders :)
[/url]

Looking at the bulge on front hood, it looks like ZL1 with 6.2L V8. Or may be, it's Camaro SS.

Saw this car and have more pictures of it.

Also, not only is this a two-door sports car but it really easily fits four people inside. Ask me, I spoke to the owner :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nitrous Power (Post 2748525)
Looking at the bulge on front hood, it looks like ZL1 with 6.2L V8. Or may be, it's Camaro SS.

Every Camaro has a bulge on the front hood. And no chance this is a ZL1 cuz the ZL1 has a totally redesigned bumper and bigger wheels. Besides it was launched just a few weeks back in the US.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 2747821)
Hope this particular example is a V8; the real Mustangs & Camaros always have 8 cylinders :)

This one is just a normal V6 coupe, not even an SS.

Its definitely a V6, it lacks character but isn't exactly a slug, still manages a sprint to 100 in the sub 6 second range. :thumbs up

I believe its the 1LT variant with the optional 19" wheels.

Saw the Camaro as it was headed to the 'Supercar Paparazzi' shoot. To say the least, I was pretty shocked so I chased it down and stopped where it did.

Spoke to the owner for a bit before asking if I could click the car, he agreed. Nice guy :thumbs up

Here are the pictures I took. Enjoy :D

Here's another one!:thumbs up
Courtesy: Supercar Paparazzi | Facebook

Quote:

Originally Posted by fre2bpowerless (Post 2748517)
Because Chevy doesn't make a RHD (right-hand drive) version of the Camaro or the Corvette.

I think they should.

A Camaro in India will sell. Such awesome hotness is very rare in our car market. Retun of Investment to make the RHD would be rather fast, IMO. Just look at how people are lapping up Jaguars these days.

Its left hand drive, too bad.
But there are many ars which are manufactured only in LHD, and then converted. Like Hummers? Many many years ago the Ambani family got stretch Lincoln converted and brought to India.
And, is there not a market in UK, Japan and so many more countries?
IMHO, such cars should be V8, I have a mental block here:Frustrati

Cheers harit