Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2006, 11:16   #16
Senior - BHPian

Best car in the world

Frankmehta..if u r staying near the Merc showroom pls do click as much as fotos of the new S in different colours & wheel rims..so far no new S is there in Kerala..hopefully some serious orders are placed at the dealers..

I saw the new S in the Merc brand show & felt as if its smaller than the older one even though it has grown in size..the car is superb in designing, luxury & technology..in person I liked the new S rather than the Maybach. It is 'the best car in the world'..

Last edited by hanmust : 7th April 2006 at 11:17.
Old 7th April 2006, 17:46   #17
BHPian

Poetry on wheels is all I can say.. They just seem to keep finding ways to make the S Class more desirable every time they change the model. Three Generations of the S Class including this one have been my personal favorites.

-Sumit
Old 7th April 2006, 19:04   #18
Senior - BHPian

Guys, i spotted the new S class in Delhi today.
Sorry, couldnt take any pics though.. the car looks BIG and stunning!
Old 7th April 2006, 20:30   #19
BHPian

well well thats a beau of a car there. the circular dot on the wheel arch is definitely a flag post. guess this is a budding politician in the making or is one already. dont think its the "best car " in the world after all the nigglig problems with the mercs... i htink the bmw is the best and safe bet now. but then again india is hung over the merc symbol!
Old 8th April 2006, 15:32   #20
Senior - BHPian

Three pointed star is always a better symbol than the a propalar..but its not the matter of symbol..In any respect the new S is much better than its competitors whether it may be BMW 7 or Audi A8..I don't say that both these cars are not up to the mark or any such baseless words, but its a truth that the S is a superior car in all respects..The build quality, refinement, technology etc have improved a lot more..After all every one has their own personal choice & mine defenitly the mighty S-class

Last edited by Aditya : 20th December 2006 at 13:01.
Old 8th April 2006, 16:06   #21
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by islero
No doubting this car's presence. It might be ugly, but it's got presence.
Took the words right out of my mouth. It looks majestic, especially in this colour.

GTO
Old 8th April 2006, 23:07   #22
BHPian

it needs some nice rims, the stock S350 rims don't look good.
Old 8th April 2006, 23:32   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTI WR6
it needs some nice rims, the stock S350 rims don't look good.

but the indian version is coming with slightly different rims and when i come back this time, i am going to have them put in AMG wheels at no cost..we have to bargain..without bargaining whats the pleasure..
Old 10th April 2006, 11:45   #24
BHPian

It seems the new S is already a hit with Indian consumers. I already saw one more silver S350 looking quite good actually.

It looks like the S is a favourite amongst Indians. Barely launched in RHD around the world and we already get around 4-5.
Old 10th April 2006, 13:17   #25
BHPian

when comes to presence somehow i still love the squarish old S class which really made its presence felt. It still looks "Majestic, Graceful" when parked next to the new curvy S series and also if compared to a beemer.
Old 10th April 2006, 14:52   #26
Senior - BHPian

its a Flag post socket. to mount the flag rod. this design has been with MB for over 2 decades, and comes as an option for diplomatic sales.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan
couldnt make out wht tht thing was....not possible for a flag shot cause its depth was not much. a possible censor of some sort.

Old 10th April 2006, 23:59   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanmust
[COLOR=#b1b9c1][SIZE=2]Three pointed star is always a better symbol than the a propalar..but its not the matter of symbol..In any respect the new S is much better than its competitors whether it may be BMW 7 or Audi A8..I don't say that both these cars are not up to the mark or any such baseless words, but its a truth that the S is a superior car in all respects..The build quality, refinement, technology etc have improved a lot more..After all every one has their own personal choice & mine defenitly the mighty S-class[/SIZE][/COLOR]

dear hans u will be surprised how the mighty propeller heas been the fuel for many fo the innovations the merc has simply copied. after all imitation is the simplest form of flattery and well merc doing well by copying the beemer in more than many a ways!! u cannot even compare the fit and refinement of the bmw with the merc...there is no price being second and beemer wins its hands down atleast this year!
Old 11th April 2006, 01:06   #28
BHPian

Thers another black S350 doing rounds in my area too ... will try to get pics soon.
Old 11th April 2006, 01:10   #29
BHPian

Awwwww... That looks neat!!!
Old 12th April 2006, 06:21   #30
ash_edged

Pics dont do it justice !

Waz at a break from work today as soon as i stepped out the new S Class stopped in front of me at a red light. It was a thing of beauty .... pics dont do justice at all. Had a peep glance of the beige interiors it was just hot the feel to touch it and have a feel of it from the inside was just very tempting. Would love to see more pics in India.

Safe,
Ash

Most Viewed