Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2012, 17:05   #466
Senior - BHPian

Re: Pics: New Generation (W221) Mercedes S-Class

Friends, Just bought myself a preowned 2007 S500. Keeping my fingers crossed on the ABC, Airmatic, Hydraulics and other electronic faults. As of now she is a jewel and everything works!!.
If someone here has faced any problems please let me know.
All the w221 '06-'09 S500's are with the 5.5lt engines, just the badging in USA was S550.

Last edited by scooby05 : 15th March 2012 at 17:07.
Old 15th March 2012, 17:25   #467
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby05 View Post
Friends, Just bought myself a preowned 2007 S500. Keeping my fingers crossed on the ABC, Airmatic, Hydraulics and other electronic faults. As of now she is a jewel and everything works!!.
All the w221 '06-'09 S500's are with the 5.5lt engines, just the badging in USA was S550.
Congrats on your latest purchase. Do share some pics and details. What color is it?

Awaiting more pics & info from your end.

Regards,
Old 16th March 2012, 10:47   #468
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Scooby uncle please do change the Rims of your car..they look very bad. The other common issue i have noticed is the airmatics that sit without warning. The Panoramic roof does turn the car from dull to eye pleasing.
Old 16th March 2012, 14:27   #469
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Scooby uncle please do change the Rims of your car..they look very bad. The other common issue i have noticed is the airmatics that sit without warning. The Panoramic roof does turn the car from dull to eye pleasing.
Where did you see the car Speedy? And, I have no Money left for tires, rims comes secondary. Well cars maintained by the famous Autohangar, so lets hope I dont have airmatic issues!! Both are unpredictable!!
In the 'S' mode the car is very very responsive. I didnt know she would be such a dream to drive, wheel spins and all.
Old 16th March 2012, 14:36   #470
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Where did you see the car Speedy? And, I have no Money left for tires, rims comes secondary. Well cars maintained by the famous Autohangar, so lets hope I dont have airmatic issues!! Both are unpredictable!!
In the 'S' mode the car is very very responsive. I didnt know she would be such a dream to drive, wheel spins and all.
Scooby uncle i dont get my reputation as a car guy for nothing . Now your pulling my leg..The AMG wheels from the E can be transfered here. She does carry the Autohanger name on her plates too, I guess she has already has had her airmatics checked and yes for parts Autohanger is very unpredictable.
Even in the 'C' mode she is a beast, i drove a friends S500 and thats a dream ride for power freaks. The Expressway and it was nothing short of a Monster in 'S' mode. I wonder what the S600 would be like?
Old 17th March 2012, 08:20   #471
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Scooby uncle i dont get my reputation as a car guy for nothing . Now your pulling my leg..The AMG wheels from the E can be transfered here. She does carry the Autohanger name on her plates too, I guess she has already has had her airmatics checked and yes for parts Autohanger is very unpredictable.
Even in the 'C' mode she is a beast, i drove a friends S500 and thats a dream ride for power freaks. The Expressway and it was nothing short of a Monster in 'S' mode. I wonder what the S600 would be like?
Speedy put some pics of the car
Old 17th March 2012, 10:22   #472
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlcarrera View Post
Speedy put some pics of the car
That i cannot do ML bhai, some cars are best left private. Hope you understand.
Old 16th December 2013, 13:01   #473
Distinguished - BHPian

Found no thread for the W221 S600, the next most appropriate thread was this, hence posting it here.
Attached Images

///RMan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th December 2013, 14:29   #474
BHPian

Re: Big Daddy S-class in Bombay: Mercedes S65 AMG!

This one seems to be new, have seen the maroon S600 (not an AMG) very often at nariman point in mumbai, followed by the posse of security guards in the current gen white CRV, i reckon the maroon one is MA's ?
Old 20th September 2017, 06:34   #475
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak.apoorv View Post
This was a S550.Didnt know where to post it ,thats why posting it here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay1234 View Post
Was it a left hand drive by any chance? I thought the 550 was only for LHD markets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
A friend of mine(Aman) spotted this S550 with BRABUS kit! Talk about the ultimate sleeper car
Quote:
I doubt that is a 550. AFAIK 550s are made in only LHD and this one is supposed to be RHD.
Quote:
Aah didnt see that. Someone had mentioned somewhere that this was RHD hence the doubt.

Cyrus - I think the 550 engines are only for the US market. I just checked the UK site and there is no 550.
Got to see a W221 S550 closely a couple of months ago. It was the same colour as the one posted by Ak.apporv, but a different registration and tail lights (probably after market). As mentioned by many, the S550 was available only in the US markets mostly in LHD (RHD probably for exports).

The S550 that we see here (in Ak.apporv post) would be a genuine S550's because it's fitted with with Distronic Plus as a standard equipment. You can see the Distronic Sensor on the grille. The S550 Brabus could be a badged S550 since it does not have the sensor.

This cannot be mistaken for any of the Indian W221 since this feature was banned in India (S-Class Technology Banned in India. Why?) - hence was not available as an optional extra.

Scooby sir - Your S500 must not be having this feature, right?
Pics: New Generation (W221) Mercedes S-Class-images-6.jpg
v12 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks