Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2012, 11:29   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karan1981
Any Idea on the pricing of the RS4 in india?
No plans to launch the RS4 in India as far as I know. I have been quoted 48L ex showroom for the S4 by the chennai dealer. Of course this depends on the spec selected by each dealer. The chennai dealer has been allotted 2 cars - 1 each in white and red.
Old 15th May 2012, 13:54   #17
Team-BHP Support

Re: Audi to launch the S4 in India!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbk_75 View Post
You're right, but till such time as they have an RS7, it's the only car Audi has in that segment. No doubt the R8 is smaller and more focused a sports car than an M6 or SL63.
Even the RS7 would be better off being compared to the CLS63 AMG.

BMW was mulling over designing a sedan version of the 6-Series. There are spy-photos and renderings of the same.

Mercedes, BMW and Audi have always tried to better the other, and in the process have made some wonderful cars over the years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerSG View Post
No plans to launch the RS4 in India as far as I know. I have been quoted 48L ex showroom for the S4 by the chennai dealer. Of course this depends on the spec selected by each dealer. The chennai dealer has been allotted 2 cars - 1 each in white and red.
48 lakhs ex-showroom is a great price for a car that makes 330 horses and is equipped with Quattro, and mated to the wonderfully sorted S-Tronic dual-clutch gearbox. All this awesomeness packed into a great sedan that delivers on a good ride, cabin-space, comfort, equipment, etc.

One begins to wonder, why anyone would buy the Mitsubishi EVO X @ 65 lakhs, unless they're die-hard fans of it.
Old 15th May 2012, 14:16   #18
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)

It would indeed be great if Audi, Merc and BMW would start selling all their models here.
Right from the A1, the B Class and the 1 Series onwards - there could be a sea change in the way people look at and buy cars if these choices were to be made available!
Old 15th May 2012, 16:21   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
BMW was mulling over designing a sedan version of the 6-Series. There are spy-photos and renderings of the same.
The 6 gran coupe, you must be talking about. US dealers are going to get stock of the car in the next 2 months I believe. Fancy looking car, very much in the A7/CLS shape!
Old 15th May 2012, 17:40   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
It would indeed be great if Audi, Merc and BMW would start selling all their models here.
Right from the A1, the B Class and the 1 Series onwards - there could be a sea change in the way people look at and buy cars if these choices were to be made available!
Well.. it's happening. We should see expensive hatchbacks making it to our shores in the next five years. I won't be surprised if VW decide on bringing the Golf and assembling it (with a fair amount of localization) here in 5-10 years. Well at least I'm hoping that that's the direction we're headed. Looking at the phenomenal growth the premium hatchback segment has witnessed over the years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineethvazhayil View Post
The 6 gran coupe, you must be talking about. US dealers are going to get stock of the car in the next 2 months I believe. Fancy looking car, very much in the A7/CLS shape!
Yep, that's the one. Nice looking car and would be a good alternative to the 7, if you're young at heart and still want all the luxury and techno-wizardry.

Performance sedans have come to the party over the years. With small sedans like the S4 breathing fire and equipped to the brim, even Aston Martin/Porsche couldn't stay away from the madness and went ahead designing and engineering their own super-sedans.

The arrival of the S4 in India opens up a market that was untapped for years. It fills that huge gap that existed between the entry-level sports cars - like the Audi TT, Porsche Boxster and BMW Z4 - and executive sedans like the A6 and the E. It's a gap that Mitsubishi failed to fill with their EVO X, largely due to poor service-backup and an exorbitant price-tag that just does not feel right.

Audi has capitalized on Mitusbishi's loss here.
suhaas307 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2012, 17:44   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It's a gap that Mitsubishi failed to fill with their EVO X, largely due to poor service-backup and an exorbitant price-tag that just does not feel right.

If the S4 is going to sell at the price Evo was selling in India, it is a mega bargain. I believe there is a 20000$ price difference elsewhere!
Old 15th May 2012, 18:32   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Even the RS7 would be better off being compared to the CLS63 AMG.

Am sorry i didn't quite get your first statement.
The RS-7 IS a rival to the CLS 63 , so yes the 2 would be compared.

About the BMW Grand Coupe, -
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...i-port-11.html

check pic #9 on page 1 of the above thread and look carefully at the car to the left of the F30.
Happy times are not far !

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post

Wouldn't it ??? (be great)
But i cant tell you how painfully endless the wait is when you are actually looking for a car from that segment.
After contemplating everything from a yeti to a Q3 and hoards of other cars we finally decided to wait for a truly hot hatch and we dont mind spending a bit on it.
As things turn out, look at our market -
Hottest hatch we'v got - Polo 1.6. A petrol !! ...so its redundant for families like mine where the average odo reading of a car by the time its sold is 1,50,000+ . Diesel is a MUST !

Are VW getting a 4-cylinder diesel version of the polo anytime soon? NO they are not, in a diesel-centric market. Go figure !

Then came the Mini, and since we didnt mind spending on a good product , we would have contemplated but again, all petrols and all models northwards of 30 big ones !!

Audi are getting the sedan version of the A3 before the hatch. When will the A3 hatch or the A1 be here ??? No one has any clue whatsoever. I love the A1 and would go for it almost immediately did it land here but no news as of now. Ditto the BMW 1 series.

Finally the famous VW Golf. Again, VW has no news and with the Polo doing so well they say they dont think our market needs the Golf at this stage or is not ready for it !
I have pretty much lost hope of anything good turning up in the coming year atleast.
The endless wait continues...
Old 16th May 2012, 17:00   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
check pic #9 on page 1 of the above thread and look carefully at the car to the left of the F30.
Looks like a regular 6 series coupe to me. Does that have four doors? It's hard to tell with it so dusty and from that angle.
Old 16th May 2012, 17:07   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Looks like a regular 6 series coupe to me. Does that have four doors? It's hard to tell with it so dusty and from that angle.

I know i was confused at first too but here's the give away.
The 2-dr 6 would obviously have just 2 door handles, 1 on each side.
Look carefully in the picture i specified, the door handle of the rear door can be seen too. That of the front door can be seen further towards the front.
Old 16th May 2012, 17:08   #25
Senior - BHPian

Oh is that a door handle?! I thought it was the fuel filler cap!
Old 16th May 2012, 17:18   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

So did i
But again, There is a white 6 in front of the F30. You compare the fuel cap of that car with the black 640d and the difference is perceptible. What could the car possibly have there apart from the door handle/fuel cap ?
Dosnt look like the fuel cap to my eyes hence 640d GC it is
Old 16th May 2012, 17:41   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I second that looks like fuel filler cap to me.
Old 16th May 2012, 17:48   #28
BHPian

Are you saying that Black 640 D is a Gran Coupe?

You can quite easily make out the door handles and the filler flap. In the 1st picture you can see its a 2 door coupe. Sadly that is not a Gran Coupe.

I do hope though that Audi and BMW launch some more, exciting cars.
Old 16th May 2012, 17:55   #29
Senior - BHPian

The 6 Gran Coupe only made it's global press launch in Mid December, First press reports have begun only for last 2 weeks, and all the cars on the port in Mumbai are the regular 6 Coupes and NOT the GC. The production of GC did not even begin then.

All dealers will get their cars in the next 2-3 months. Most are 640d GC! The GC is easy to spot as it has a regular door handle at the back and boy it's long.

Regards,

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
Dosnt look like the fuel cap to my eyes hence 640d GC it is
Quote:
Originally Posted by BANDHAV View Post
I second that looks like fuel filler cap to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir Taheer View Post
Are you saying that Black 640 D is a Gran Coupe?
suhaas,

I do understand S4 is a wonderful car and while we have not had the BMW 335i which competes with it, this is a segment that hardly does well, (330i with M pack we have had for years now and you need to see how slow it sells, also do see RS5 some dealers have them for months) the gap can only be filled better by something like a BMW 330d / Audi A4 3.0TDI, Yes they are diesels, they may not be as revv happy as their petrol counter parts, but in a world we live in most look at the 530d and similar as a better alternative to the 535i and similar. And in this market you need to understand Audi perhaps has not even bothered to see if the Evo is doing good or not, not saying EVO is good or bad just that our market works in a very different manner.

Also Please do explain your RS7 comment on the CLS 63AMG, Im curious.

Regards,

Quote:
The arrival of the S4 in India opens up a market that was untapped for years. It fills that huge gap that existed between the entry-level sports cars - like the Audi TT, Porsche Boxster and BMW Z4 - and executive sedans like the A6 and the E. It's a gap that Mitsubishi failed to fill with their EVO X, largely due to poor service-backup and an exorbitant price-tag that just does not feel right.

Last edited by S350L-E240 : 16th May 2012 at 18:07.
S350L-E240 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2012, 18:00   #30
Senior - BHPian

Alright my bad
I tried comparing the white and the black 6 and the black one seemed to have a door handle.
Time to get my eyes checked perhaps
Closed Thread

Most Viewed