Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2012, 11:25   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy

i still dont see plastic wrapping on the bumpers, Its the tape to hold the side panel protection sheet. but just to clarify even cars coming on carnet the owners have protective sheeting put on them for protection. A company car and a new one has a white protective sheet around the car, which is removed during PDI and polishing. This car lacks it or maybe what is seen is the protective sheet and her actual color is below.
There seems to be a transparent wrapping on the front bumper. Also the ORVMs are covered with white sheets. Will upload rest of the pics shortly.
Old 15th September 2012, 11:35   #17
Senior - BHPian

re: Pagani Huayra in India? Nope. Went onwards to Hong Kong!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Corsa View Post
There seems to be a transparent wrapping on the front bumper. Also the ORVMs are covered with white sheets. Will upload rest of the pics shortly.
I dont think anyone from the Forum can see pictures from your mail or computer..What you have posted here and commented here will be discussed. When you do post the rest of the pictures, please do mention the transparent wrapping on the front bumper and OVRMs covered in white sheets.
Old 15th September 2012, 12:09   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
I dont think anyone from the Forum can see pictures from your mail or computer..What you have posted here and commented here will be discussed. When you do post the rest of the pictures, please do mention the transparent wrapping on the front bumper and OVRMs covered in white sheets.
Well said Abhi. Its a similar case with the Zonda. Pity that the existence of the SLR , Zonda and Mclaren were questioned because there were no India pics. when the cars were really there.

And honestly these pics of the Huayra are no proof that the car is in India. They are pics taken in an aircraft. Lets wait for more substantial proof to surface
Old 15th September 2012, 14:57   #19
BANNED

Again! you don't believe do ya? i mean who in India would spend a bomb on this 14 crore monster which literally has no service or spares support? : Rather, he can simply buy other supercars who have entered into the indian market. I can bet that this car is not going to be registered in India and even if it would, would only be a demo car. Time will tell you guys if im right or wrong. @rest, its upto you all what to believe.

Rossa corsa, no offense to you, but i Suggest you rename the thread to "mumbai" only when uhave confirmation that it is indeed from Mumbai. Please don't name the threads based on speculations.

Last edited by ravelsnip@gmail : 15th September 2012 at 15:00.
Old 15th September 2012, 17:42   #20
BHPian

Here's one more pic of the same

Looks like it was taken inside an aircraft.

Source : https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater
Attached Thumbnails
Pagani Huayra in India? Nope. Went onwards to Hong Kong!-546308_404295569625162_1188227524_n.jpg  

speed kills is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2012, 17:48   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed kills View Post

Source : https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater
Wow!! The car looks gorgeous. So are the details now confirmed?

BTW, speed kills, you are too fast. I came here to report the same but you defeated me.

EDIT: Rosso Corsa, kindly throw some light on the details of the presence of the huayra in mumbai. I am eagerly waiting for your reply.

Last edited by dZired : 15th September 2012 at 17:55.
Old 15th September 2012, 17:51   #22
BHPian

So here you go - all the pics

Notice the plastic wrapping on the front bumper n the ORVMs covered with white sheets.

Name:  ForumRunner_20120915_174416.png
Views: 6382
Size:  465.6 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20120915_174434.png
Views: 6907
Size:  385.6 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20120915_174444.png
Views: 6632
Size:  388.8 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20120915_174455.png
Views: 7201
Size:  477.1 KB
Rosso Corsa is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th September 2012, 17:54   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dZired

Wow!! The car looks gorgeous. So are the details now confirmed?

BTW, speed kills, you are too fast. I came here to report the same but you defeated me.
Uploading the pics via the mobile app took time, by which he had already posted.

EDIT : To be frank I have absolutely no info such as where it arrived from, owner, price, etc. I don't even know it's present location.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed kills

Yep. At CSIA.

Last edited by Rosso Corsa : 15th September 2012 at 18:08.
Old 15th September 2012, 17:59   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dZired View Post
Speed thrills

Quote:
Yep. At CSIA.
So, it's official then. Perfect!
Old 16th September 2012, 00:01   #25
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

While the pic may definitely be of the Huayra in an aircraft in Mumbai. But the main question is whether the Huayra was destined for Mumbai/India or was the cargo en-route to some other country via Mumbai CSIA.
Old 16th September 2012, 00:11   #26
BHPian

Why am i having a feeling that this is a Highly Detailed scale model in an scale model Manorama in which the surroundings is of an cargo plane and pics are taken from a good camera and edited and refined on Photoshop.

Simply cant buy the point that this car is destined or In Mumbai.

In simple words F.A.K.E
Old 16th September 2012, 00:49   #27
BHPian

Dude what's so unbelievable or fake about it? Not that I am attesting to the authenticity though extremely possible and probable in a country and especially a city like Mumbai which houses some of the world's most expensive homes and real estate and infact even yachts and such toys which cost hundreds of crores, the uber rich definitely have enough money to be able to afford a Pagani Huayra or Zonda at around 12-15 crore. Even though our infrastructure and conditions may not be conducive, I expect the numbers of these super exotics to grow as the super rich individuals who want to own them grows.
Old 16th September 2012, 00:56   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The aircraft looks like a 747 Frieghter,and if i have to guess since its RHD,its Cathay Pacific Cargo from Hong Kong?Do you know the airline?They do fly 747Fs to Mumbai.
Old 16th September 2012, 02:21   #29
Team-BHP Support

I have a sneaky suspicion that this car is going to be used only for promotion. Heck, it might even get to see the Buddh sometime during the GP, just to get the crowd going.

I hope I'm proved wrong.
Old 16th September 2012, 09:47   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jatinpatel
Why am i having a feeling that this is a Highly Detailed scale model in an scale model Manorama in which the surroundings is of an cargo plane and pics are taken from a good camera and edited and refined on Photoshop.

Simply cant buy the point that this car is destined or In Mumbai.

In simple words F.A.K.E
Wow. Never thought being a scale model collector would lead to such stuff. Just for the record, there are only 2 models of the Huayra available at the moment - the 1/18 scale version is as good as a toy and the highly detailed 1/8 scale version costing a few lakhs is just out of my budget. You got more points to prove this is a scale model? Go ahead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar

The aircraft looks like a 747 Frieghter,and if i have to guess since its RHD,its Cathay Pacific Cargo from Hong Kong?Do you know the airline?They do fly 747Fs to Mumbai.
I'm in the process of finding out all those details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307
I have a sneaky suspicion that this car is going to be used only for promotion. Heck, it might even get to see the Buddh sometime during the GP, just to get the crowd going.

I hope I'm proved wrong.
I doubt Pagani would take the effort to make an RHD version for the sake of promotion. An LHD version brought here on Carnet would have done the job.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed