Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2012, 14:47   #16
BHPian

Re: Rolls Royce to unveil its Phantom Series II on 21st Sept 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravelsnip@gmail View Post
wehre? i dont see the dealerships of veyron and agera exclusively like the one i saw in mumbai of lamborghini bro.

more over, its not lamborghini which increased the price, but thanks to shitty UPA, the rupee has depreciated more than 14 rupees to a dollar after lp700 was launched in 2011. And the 20% increase in import duty. These two factors have resulted in the car costing 1 crore more. The lp700 is still the same price in other countries. India is the most costliest place for this beast.

I have the quotation with me. 4.7 is the fully loaded version cost Ex showroom mumbai. May be your friend needs a latest check on the pricing. post only if u have genuine information. Rather than he saw, they enquired etc.
The figure I have posted is absolutely genuine and is just around a month old. The prices won't vary much in just a month IMO as the rate of our currency haven't changed too much in the last couple of months. I have no clue about the Mumbai pricing (may include some octroi, etc) but the figure I quoted was taken from a top level Exclusive Motors manager.

Last edited by AdiSinghV12 : 27th September 2012 at 14:49.
Old 27th September 2012, 14:57   #17
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdiSinghV12 View Post
The figure I have posted is absolutely genuine and is just around a month old. The prices won't vary much in just a month IMO as the rate of our currency haven't changed too much in the last couple of months. I have no clue about the Mumbai pricing (may include some octroi, etc) but the figure I quoted was taken from a top level Exclusive Motors manager.
wow. then how come there is a lot of difference in the pricing from mumbai and delhi?
The quotation they gave us was for 4.7 crore FULLY LOADED, they showed us ne helluva customization menu with that as well.
Old 27th September 2012, 16:09   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
& Regarding the pricing of the Aventador, a cousin of mine went to the Delhi dealership recently when he was hunting for a supercar and to him the dealer quoted around 4.35 for the fully loaded Aventador. So with insurance and HR reg, it should be around 5cr max.
Quote:
I have the quotation with me. 4.7 is the fully loaded version cost Ex showroom mumbai. May be your friend needs a latest check on the pricing. post only if u have genuine information. Rather than he saw, they enquired etc.
Fully loaded can vary from dealer to dealer. Depends on what option each dealer has opted for. All dealers like to mention that their car is fully loaded. Its only when you compare you realise. These cars have options that can scale the price to near 50+ % of base price.

Also Delhi ex-showroom and Mumbai ex-showroom are two different prices as Mumbai usually has a 4.5% octroi added to it.
dipen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2012, 16:56   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post
Fully loaded can vary from dealer to dealer. Depends on what option each dealer has opted for. All dealers like to mention that their car is fully loaded. Its only when you compare you realise. These cars have options that can scale the price to near 50+ % of base price.

Also Delhi ex-showroom and Mumbai ex-showroom are two different prices as Mumbai usually has a 4.5% octroi added to it.
Thanks Dipen for the clarification! Hope that clears the doubt Ravelsnip. As Dipen mentioned, the octroi in Mumbai would itself make the base car around 20L more expensive in Mumbai. Mentioned that in my previous post as well. And in your case, you may have inquired for a special colour, diff set of wheels, etc. So the word FULLY LOADED differs from person to person/dealer to dealer. Cheers!
Old 30th September 2012, 11:54   #20
BHPian

Re: Rolls Royce Phantom Series II Launched @ Rs.4.50 Crores to Rs.5.10 Crores

A shot from the launch.
Attached Thumbnails
Rolls Royce Phantom Series II Launched @ Rs.4.50 Crores to Rs.5.10 Crores-mumbai_20120921_16405.jpg  

Tuner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2012, 12:11   #21
BANNED

Quote:
Thanks Dipen for the clarification! Hope that clears the doubt Ravelsnip. As Dipen mentioned, the octroi in Mumbai would itself make the base car around 20L more expensive in Mumbai. Mentioned that in my previous post as well. And in your case, you may have inquired for a special colour, diff set of wheels, etc. So the word FULLY LOADED differs from person to person/dealer to dealer. Cheers!
Yeah, may be that 4.5 % would itself cost round 22 lakhs more. Thanks for the clarification. Itseems both are fully loaded and the difference in cost is only the octroi. This way, more and more people will buy it from delhi and register in Mumbai i suppose?

Anyhow, the point we were discussing was, aventador is MORE EXPENSIVE than Phantom. Is true here.
Old 30th September 2012, 13:10   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Yeah, may be that 4.5 % would itself cost round 22 lakhs more. Thanks for the clarification. Itseems both are fully loaded and the difference in cost is only the octroi. This way, more and more people will buy it from delhi and register in Mumbai i suppose?

Anyhow, the point we were discussing was, aventador is MORE EXPENSIVE than Phantom. Is true here.
Yup, that's what I wanted to say... & regarding the aventador being more expensive than the Rolls, the EWB one costs 5.10 ex showroom, & again there are many customization that one could do, so it'd any day be more expensive than the Bull.
Old 1st October 2012, 08:42   #23
BANNED

Quote:

Don't mean to sidetrack the thread, but I wonder whether the Aventador is costliest only in India?

I hear the import taxes on cars in Brazil are more horrific than those in India.
D33-PAC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2012, 12:09   #24
BANNED

^must be a rumor, since brazil has several number of imported beauties. India, AFAIK, has the highest TAX structure than any other country for imported vehicles.
Old 5th October 2012, 14:27   #25
Senior - BHPian

IAB reports that two of the Art Deco cars Rolls Royce displayed at the Paris Motor show this month, the Series II Phantom and Ghost are destined to be sold in India.

Err..but they are both LHDs.

Source
Quote:
Last Friday, IAB was at the launch of the Phantom Series II launch in Mumbai. We caught up with Mr Herfried Hasenoehrl, Rolls-Royce Motor Cars’ General Manager for Emerging Markets, Asia. Herfried exclusively told IAB that Art Deco inspired Ghost and Phantom will be on sale in India later this year.

Mumbai has the highest number of Art Deco buildings in the world, only second to Miami. Thus, the Phantom and Ghost will feel right at home in Mumbai.
Attached Thumbnails
Rolls Royce Phantom Series II Launched @ Rs.4.50 Crores to Rs.5.10 Crores-rollsroycephantomartdecophoto477305s1280x782.jpg  

Rolls Royce Phantom Series II Launched @ Rs.4.50 Crores to Rs.5.10 Crores-rollsroyceghostartdecophoto477290s1280x782.jpg  

Old 5th October 2012, 15:32   #26
BHPian

A few more snaps from the web!
Rolls Royce Phantom Series II Launched @ Rs.4.50 Crores to Rs.5.10 Crores-rollsroycephantom10_092112045124.jpg
Rolls Royce Phantom Series II Launched @ Rs.4.50 Crores to Rs.5.10 Crores-9220_368204099929129_47699046_n.jpg
Rolls Royce Phantom Series II Launched @ Rs.4.50 Crores to Rs.5.10 Crores-21rollsroyce2.jpg

Last edited by syedhafeez : 5th October 2012 at 15:35.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks