Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2012, 15:39   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Parx SuperCar Show : 26th - 27th January, 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
there are baracades to keep the people away from the cars. There were adiquite security at the event.
True, there were barricades. But, sincerely, they were not very stringent and holding people back. Some people dared to venture inside unnoticed. Some VIP people having passes/associations were roaming freely inside the barricade near the cars and again behaving as if own properties and also blocking views for the common public sincerely trying to take look at the cars from outside the barricades. Security people were not too strict and were not able to contain a lot of people. Additionally, if you remember, there were some beauties parked in the open arena in the middle of the barricaded area where people were roaming freely around them, touching them, resting upon them and giving poses for snaps with them. It was such a sympathetic sight of the beauties, the way people were treating them. The security was helpless not able to stop many people from doing what they did.

Quote:
Since its a public event it would not be possible to avoid the crowd or the people. The idea of the Static display a day in advance is to try and reduce the crowd on sunday and frankly i dont think the crowds would be less as people want to hear and see their favorite supercars drive by.
True. In fact I anticipate to see quite an ocean of people out there this time around. Its going to be a tougher challenge requiring more stringent measures and people should respect that it is for their good only to let all enjoy the show.

Quote:
That is something i noticed last year and it made it difficult for car owners too. I do hope this is taken care of this year. A very good suggestion by you.
Yeah. This not only was a grave problem for the precious cars, the crowd gathered at the drive departure gate was also holding the public inside the arena and not letting them out. I saw quite a few kids getting sandwiched in this crowd and it was difficult for the parents to pull them out of there, and the people were so enthused that they would not even listen to giving way to these people stranded in arena and sandwiched in-between. There is euphoria amongst people at that moment which needs to be contained and there are these other human aspects they should think about while enjoying the same.

Quote:
I do believe it was done last year too and in the briefing the drivers were asked to drive in a convoy. There were people driving into the cars in order to get their exhaust video and driving video which made it difficult to maintain the convoy. I am sure you must have seen the nomber of people thinking their cars are supercars and driving rash and also not paying attention to whats in front of them in their eagerness to get pictures and videos. We also faced people standing on the islands at Worli and other places and jumping in front of the cars to take their pictures..this got really dangerous.
I got to know about that later too. But as said earlier, I was standing amongst the crowd at the Worli sea face later to enjoy the parade and nobody there knew about such a provision and that they should park their vehicles elsewhere to make way for the drive. The traffic police were probably also not knowing or they should have made these people drive off their vehicles. In fact people were like competing with each other to get a better view and going forward on the road unhindered causing grave problem for the drive. In event we got to see and hear many grave damages to the beauties.

Quote:

Every effort has been put in by Super Car Club to make thinks enjoyable for the people but one thing even the club cannot achieve is changing the attitude of people. I do hope this time around the people do not behave as though the supercars would never be seen again or would not be driven again in their lifetime.
Absolutely. I agree SCC is doing its best to put up a superb show just for the people's enjoyment. I just hope good sense prevails in people and lets spread word for people understand the gravity of the situation and show some respect to the event and cars.
parsh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2012, 13:03   #17
BHPian

Its difficult to control the crowd on streets as everyone wants to have a look at these beauties, hopefully this time we expecting a much better discipline.
Old 27th December 2012, 00:22   #18
BHPian

Super Car Club, is there any way for a common joe to acquire a paddock pass to see the cars from an even closer angle. Queries to your Facebook page have gone unanswered.

Also, as far the problem of crowd congestion goes - there's a lot that can go wrong. I myself drive a Tata Nano and knowing my way around Bombay, took a shortcut to intercept the majority of cars as they went off on the drive. To be perfectly honest, a diversion by the Mumbai police of some sort or a closure of the road would be ideal no matter how unlikely it is to happen.

Also, a massive thumbs up for the people at the SCC for turning it into a two day event rather then an exhibition/drive on the same day, this ensures people can come all day long and relax rather than having to wake up at 6 AM on a Sunday to see their dream machines.

Thank you in advance to all the organizers and the participants. Hope for a beautiful January Weekend
Old 28th December 2012, 07:59   #19
BHPian

Looking forward to this event...

Hope it won't be as chaotic as the 2012 event, where everyone just decided to go their own way during the rally, and the crowd was beyond control. The 2011 event was very well organised.

Here's the difference...
2011 Video:
2012 Video:
Old 6th January 2013, 19:57   #20
BHPian

The Aventador Roadster is going to be there
Old 7th January 2013, 11:40   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
The Aventador Roadster is going to be there
What is the Aurthenticity of this statement?.

The Roadster i guess just made its Debut at the Motor show and its production just started. India would get one when someone books it and also depends when Lamborghini gives a production slot for India. The company cars have already arrived and there is no roadster in the lot.
Old 7th January 2013, 12:22   #22
BHPian

Great news.I was planning a trip to mumbai this month and what better reason to schedule it for d last weekend..Looking forward to the amazing public display of exotics.Have seen hundereds of pictures and videos.Now its time for one on one!!!
Old 7th January 2013, 16:23   #23
BHPian

Rumors of Lamborghini Mumbai bringing down 'something special' to celebrate the car maker's 50th Anniversary have been ongoing for quite some time. Since that post by their official Facebook page, the buzz has been surrounding it and it HAS been confirmed by them that the Roadster will indeed make it here to Bombay for the Rally.

Gautam Singhania himself has provisionally said that the car will be there, providing Lamborghini send one down. It WILL however be a LHD model and will not be driven and as such will be a display mule only to attract potential buyers.
Old 7th January 2013, 17:25   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taronish_E View Post
It WILL however be a LHD model.
That's obvious. Only 3 examples have been built so far, all in LHD and are touring the world.

How I wish the P1 wasn't touring US at the moment, and would have come here instead!
Old 7th January 2013, 17:49   #25
Senior - BHPian

From the man himself,

Source
Attached Images

Scorcher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2013, 10:38   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
From the man himself,

Source
"Provisionally" does not mean its confirmed... I guess we need to wait for the event to know if Lamborghini did send the car or not.

Last edited by speedy : 8th January 2013 at 10:41.
Old 8th January 2013, 12:43   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
"Provisionally" does not mean its confirmed... I guess we need to wait for the event to know if Lamborghini did send the car or not.
..and I guess the provision could simply be that its just a visitor.

Just a guess.
Old 8th January 2013, 14:20   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
..and I guess the provision could simply be that its just a visitor.

Just a guess.
It definately would be a visitor as the only car available is the company Display car. As per what i believe the car is in demand world over and is busy with promotions. I do hope Lamborghini India does manage to get it here.
Old 10th January 2013, 14:07   #29
BHPian

I am planning to come down to mumbai for the show but one of my sources suggest that one needs to have a paddock pass for watching the cars.And there is some kind of dress code and stuff which i thnk is all incorrect.Still before coming to mumbai i need to make sure that anyone can visit the show.No passes are required for the same.Guys can anyone confirm me the same.Because no mater how much incorrect my sources are it has made me skeptical.And what is the best time to reach the Venue.Suggestions
Old 10th January 2013, 14:12   #30
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redline Shooter View Post
I am planning to come down to mumbai for the show but one of my sources suggest that one needs to have a paddock pass for watching the cars.And there is some kind of dress code and stuff which i thnk is all incorrect.Still before coming to mumbai i need to make sure that anyone can visit the show.No passes are required for the same.Guys can anyone confirm me the same.Because no mater how much incorrect my sources are it has made me skeptical.And what is the best time to reach the Venue.Suggestions
To get up close to the cars, you need a paddock pass which cannot be bought. There will be barricades, behind which anyone is allowed. No dress code, no ticket, nothing.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks