Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2012, 13:28   #1
BHPian

Parx SuperCar Show : 26th - 27th January, 2013

Parx Super Car Show is back again! This year it promises to be bigger with more than 100 super cars on display on January 26, 2013 at the Polo Grounds, RWITC (Mahalakshmi Race Course), Mumbai between 10.00 am and 5.00 pm.

These auto beauties will then parade Mumbai’s arterial roads on January 27, 2013 between 10.00 am and 1.00 pm. Watch this space for more updates on India’s only super car show!

So what are you waiting for? Get set to feast your eyes on these ravishing beauties!
• Display Date: Saturday, 26th January 2013
• Display Time: Starting 10.00 am to 5.00 pm
• Display Venue: Polo Grounds, RWITC (Mahalakshmi Race Course), Mumbai, India

• Rally Departure Date: Sunday, 27th January 2013
• Parade Time: Starting 10.00 am to 01.00 pm
• Route: Will be announced shortly
Super Car Club is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 12th December 2012, 17:50   #2
BHPian

Re: Parx SuperCar Show : 26th - 27th January, 2013

Looking forward to this event with bated breath.

What does one need to do to acquire full access passes and get closer to the cars?
Old 13th December 2012, 14:37   #3
BHPian

26th January 2013..you will get a good view to all cars. The set up will be such. So don't worry, You will definitely like it.
Old 13th December 2012, 19:01   #4
Senior - BHPian

Its always a Big chaos at these events. And everyone of the organizers are high handed. Is there no way that passes are issued even at a charge to people who don't want favors?
I have skipped the last 2 events, just cause I don't want to watch/see the cars from 100 meters away.
scooby05 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th December 2012, 19:24   #5
BHPian

Eagerly waiting for the event. Last time was my 1st time and thats when I saw so many beauties together.
This time, I hope there would be many more! 2 days of excitement lined up.
Old 13th December 2012, 19:49   #6
Senior - BHPian

If it is going to be similar to the http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-...ve-2012-a.html, then its a must visit. Just hope people show some respect to the cars and discipline while enjoying the show. The drive on Worli sea face is good too and one can get good glimpse of the cars in action. Wish the traffic is better managed this time and traffic also shows some respect instead of trying to compete for a place among the lineup. Organizers can take some cues from the last show and make it better organized event this time around.
Old 13th December 2012, 23:34   #7
BHPian

We saw the response last year that's why this year we have extended the event for 2 days. So on 26th is the car show where everyone can see the cars very closely the entire day and take pictures also. 27th is the drive.
This time its going to be managed in a better way.
Super Car Club is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2012, 11:56   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsh View Post
If it is going to be similar to the http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-...ve-2012-a.html, then its a must visit. Just hope people show some respect to the cars and discipline while enjoying the show. The drive on Worli sea face is good too and one can get good glimpse of the cars in action. Wish the traffic is better managed this time and traffic also shows some respect instead of trying to compete for a place among the lineup. Organizers can take some cues from the last show and make it better organized event this time around.
These are things that the Super Car Club cannot control..it has to come from within the People who come to watch or drive along the Supercars. I personally feel the Super Car Club does everything in its means to make the event enjoyable for everyone that makes their way to the event and the management of the event has always been top notch and only gets better every year.

Last edited by speedy : 14th December 2012 at 11:58.
speedy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th December 2012, 12:09   #9
BHPian

Will this show be conducted in Delhi also this year like last year? What is the tentative schedule for Delhi show?
Old 14th December 2012, 16:04   #10
BHPian

Keeping in mind the Maserati incident and the Kerala super car show, I wish they keep all Ford Figos far away
neoranjit is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th December 2012, 18:47   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
These are things that the Super Car Club cannot control..it has to come from within the People who come to watch or drive along the Supercars. I personally feel the Super Car Club does everything in its means to make the event enjoyable for everyone that makes their way to the event and the management of the event has always been top notch and only gets better every year.
As I said, the people need to show respect and discipline to the precious cars and they should be thankful to be able experience such an event.

Although the management cannot do anything about people's attitudes, they could try take few preventive actions/provisions and try to make things more stream-lined like:
- taking stringent measures on not allowing people near the car and treating it like own property, increasing security in the arena

- probably avoid having too many people on the ground at a time since there is now a whole day for display

- making the security and boundaries robust so that when the drive starts from Polo ground people do not start pouring over the cars, it was a sad sight last time

- try and liaise with traffic police to charter one lane for the drive only so that rest of traffic can pass alongside and try not to let them intervene in the drive line-up

I know things are very easily said than done, in fact they would seem unachievable inspite of all the efforts put together, but nevertheless, atleast a few things can be attempted better. I sincerely hope good sense prevails in people's attitudes this time around.
parsh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2012, 19:04   #12
BHPian

The following is the Route: Mahalakshmi Race Course - Nariman Point – Marine Drive – Walkeshwar – Malabar Hill – Kamla Nehru Park – Kemps Corner – Breach Candy – Haji Ali – Worli Sea Face – Regroup at start of Sea Link – Sea Link – Regroup after Sea Link – Kalina – U turn under flyover at Sahara Star – Kalina – Regroup before toll on Sea Link – Sea Link – Worli Sea Face – NSCI – Race Course
Attached Images

Super Car Club is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th December 2012, 21:01   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Try and liaise with traffic police to charter one lane for the drive only so that rest of traffic can pass alongside and try not to let them intervene in the drive line-up
During the driver's briefing at the 2012 show, it was mentioned that the left-most lane on the Sea Link has been reserved for Supercars. However, when I reached there, the picture was far different from what was declared. People had parked their cars in that lane, some had opened the rear hatches as if they were at a camp site while few others simply came out of their cars, and started clicking photos, which I felt was pretty dangerous considering most of the Supercars were zooming at ~200 kph. There was a police SUV present there, but they didn't seem to take much action such people. Their only targets were people driving too slow and the over-enthusiastic people dangerously leaning out of windows.

Last edited by Rosso Corsa : 14th December 2012 at 21:02.
Old 14th December 2012, 21:13   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Corsa View Post
During the driver's briefing at the 2012 show, it was mentioned that the left-most lane on the Sea Link has been reserved for Supercars. However, when I reached there, the picture was far different from what was declared. People had parked their cars in that lane, some had opened the rear hatches as if they were at a camp site while few others simply came out of their cars, and started clicking photos, which I felt was pretty dangerous considering most of the Supercars were zooming at ~200 kph. There was a police SUV present there, but they didn't seem to take much action such people. Their only targets were people driving too slow and the over-enthusiastic people dangerously leaning out of windows.
Yes man, I observed the same. People were all-over, peeking over vehicles, standing on footboards, nearly pouring on the road sometimes. I was standing there alongwith others with my car parked farther away. Also, people there had no knowledge of lane being reserved and not to park there nor the traffic police telling them to move the vehicles. So it was down to 2 lanes and it was a chaotic situation. Maybe some placards on the sea face would serve some purpose to tell people not to park there and they could park in the by-lanes of the area.
Old 15th December 2012, 12:03   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
As I said, the people need to show respect and discipline to the precious cars and they should be thankful to be able experience such an event.

Although the management cannot do anything about people's attitudes,
Absolutly.

Quote:
they could try take few preventive actions/provisions and try to make things more stream-lined like:

- taking stringent measures on not allowing people near the car and treating it like own property, increasing security in the arena
there are baracades to keep the people away from the cars. There were adiquite security at the event.

Quote:
- probably avoid having too many people on the ground at a time since there is now a whole day for display
Since its a public event it would not be possible to avoid the crowd or the people. The idea of the Static display a day in advance is to try and reduce the crowd on sunday and frankly i dont think the crowds would be less as people want to hear and see their favorite supercars drive by.

Quote:
- making the security and boundaries robust so that when the drive starts from Polo ground people do not start pouring over the cars, it was a sad sight last time
That is something i noticed last year and it made it difficult for car owners too. I do hope this is taken care of this year. A very good suggestion by you.

Quote:
- try and liaise with traffic police to charter one lane for the drive only so that rest of traffic can pass alongside and try not to let them intervene in the drive line-up
I do believe it was done last year too and in the briefing the drivers were asked to drive in a convoy. There were people driving into the cars in order to get their exhaust video and driving video which made it difficult to maintain the convoy. I am sure you must have seen the nomber of people thinking their cars are supercars and driving rash and also not paying attention to whats in front of them in their eagerness to get pictures and videos. We also faced people standing on the islands at Worli and other places and jumping in front of the cars to take their pictures..this got really dangerous.

Quote:
I know things are very easily said than done, in fact they would seem unachievable inspite of all the efforts put together, but nevertheless, atleast a few things can be attempted better. I sincerely hope good sense prevails in people's attitudes this time around.

Every effort has been put in by Super Car Club to make thinks enjoyable for the people but one thing even the club cannot achieve is changing the attitude of people. I do hope this time around the people do not behave as though the supercars would never be seen again or would not be driven again in their lifetime.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 28th January 2013 at 06:27. Reason: Fixed broken quote tag.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks