Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2013, 17:43   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: From the "5" to the Audi RS-5

Many Congratulations on the fabulous piece of EVIL MACHINERY out there

Hope to see you keeping those horses under a good workout post the run-in period

Enjoyy !!!

PS - More pics plz (deserves a photo-shoot)

Last edited by karan561 : 29th January 2013 at 17:46.
Old 29th January 2013, 19:37   #17
Senior - BHPian

Wow and congratulations.

This car definitely deserves a better and more exhaustive photo shoot for our pleasure.
Old 30th January 2013, 02:31   #18
BHPian

Congrats bro one of my buddies has a white one as well. What part of mumbai are you from would love to check this out.
Old 30th January 2013, 11:01   #19
BHPian

Congrats Sahil..
Its really a everyday sports car !! Looks awesome in white.

Keep revving.
Old 30th January 2013, 12:17   #20
Senior - BHPian

Congrats !!, have been seeing lot of RS-5s lately saw a red and a black one in Vashi couple of days back.
Old 30th January 2013, 14:07   #21
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Sahil! A great choice! Could you pm the OTR? Any reasons why the M5 was not considered while purchasing this? Any good offers provided by Audi India?

She looks terrific and we cant wait to see more pics.
Old 31st January 2013, 21:01   #22
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on your new purchase,Sahil.Good you did not go for that particular blue car.

Please post some more and better pictures.
Old 4th February 2013, 22:44   #23
BHPian

Good choice. Btw the 2 year warranty is standard across the globe for sports cars. And guess what - there aren't any third party warranties available. That's why I traded mine in. I intend to change my sports car every year as I don't want to drive these cars 'the way they were meant to' without a warranty on india roads. My v8 r8 is going to be traded in by the end of the year for hopefully the v10 r8. If the Audi dealer cuts me a deal that is.
Old 4th February 2013, 23:00   #24
Senior - BHPian

Woah! You have just acquired a car that I absolutely love. It is in the same category as the M3 and of course has great all weather traction abilities also. The noise from that exhaust is something orgasmic. I often roll down my windows even in bitter cold or rains to listen to one of these, if they pull up besides me at a stop light. Awesome! Congratulations on the brilliant acquisition!
Old 7th February 2013, 16:36   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Thank you all for the kind wishes ! I will try and post better pictures next week, been busy enjoying here ! Clocked over 600 kms in two weeks and I haven't even hit the highway yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_foot View Post
Congrats !!, have been seeing lot of RS-5s lately saw a red and a black one in Vashi couple of days back.
Yes the RS5's are being see around more these days, however they are the same cars going around most often. The red one from bandra regn #1314 is now sold in Vashi. The black one is seen the most as it is the TD car of Audi West.

The total count of RS5's in the city would still be below 10. Most of them are Sepang blue. Infact one Sepang blue was delivered right after mine, it will reside in South Bombay.
If my guesstimate is correct there are now 3 blue ones + 2 Red + 2 Black + 2 white (one is mine and one is a used one that has been bought from Pune)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zkalra View Post
Good choice. Btw the 2 year warranty is standard across the globe for sports cars. And guess what - there aren't any third party warranties available. That's why I traded mine in. I intend to change my sports car every year as I don't want to drive these cars 'the way they were meant to' without a warranty on india roads. My v8 r8 is going to be traded in by the end of the year for hopefully the v10 r8. If the Audi dealer cuts me a deal that is.
Congrats on the R8 again. TBHP lost one white RS5 and luckily another one has joined the family However I am glad we have an R8 on board now, look forward to your review and experience with the two cars sharing the same heart.
Old 7th February 2013, 16:55   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats on the R8 again. TBHP lost one white RS5 and luckily another one has joined the family However I am glad we have an R8 on board now, look forward to your review and experience with the two cars sharing the same heart.
Cheers Mate. The thing is I am a bit lazy and tied up nowadays to find the time to do a full review however will post pics. Pictures are worth a thousand words right?? Might put up some sort of short review though. But the problem is that the mods will put it into assembly line and frankly i couldn't be bothered to write it again owing purely to my time constraints.

However, do enjoy the car and its many 'quirks'. I am now an expert on certain annoying issues so you can PM me rather than posting on that useless A5 OC forum - that one hasn't helped me a bit and they are barely active. A5 OC is more like an old rich man's online irish pub than a car enthusiast's forum.
Old 7th February 2013, 17:11   #27
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Sahil,thats one headturner ride
Old 7th February 2013, 21:23   #28
BHPian

Big congrats on the monster, Sahil!! Drove one few months back and was totally spellbound by the push. Despite all those horses inside the bonnet it still felt soo much in control. Perfect example of the phrase 'Wolf in sheep's clothing', haha. Wish you tons of happy miles ahead. Cheers!!
Old 7th February 2013, 22:51   #29
Senior - BHPian

Congrats man, this is one V8 i have driven and believe me i can not stop grinning for next two days . The way it pulls and the exhaust it was amazing. looks really nice in white.
Old 8th February 2013, 11:02   #30
Senior - BHPian

MAN !! It can't get better than this. Awesome choice there. I really like practicality of the Audi's and the attitude of the company as well, which is very different from the VW we know.

I have driven the S4 (one of my best driving experiences) and the R8 V10 and can imagine the thrill of the RS 5. You are living the auto enthusiast dream - An RS 5 as a daily drive !!!

Enjoy the car and drive safe.

Last edited by fiat_tarun : 8th February 2013 at 11:03.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks