Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2013, 13:42   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

1000km update

3 weeks is all it took to clock the 1000km mark, clearly I have been enjoying it too much. Most sportscars of it's sort take months to reach this mark. Have been using it extensively as my daily drive. It yet has not been taken on the highway, all of the running has been within the city, the Sea-Link is where it feels most at home !

I have not gotten pretty used to the power it belts out and I can enjoy her to the fullest now. I'd be honest I was a bit overwhelmed by all that power in the start but over time you learn and acquire the skill set required to enjoy her as a daily drive. On the downside, it's become frustrating to drive the other cars at home, I find myself revving up to a much higher RPM on them than I ever did before

I have been pretty good with breaking her in, have kept distance from the red line and have not used launch control yet ! Is 1000km break-in good enough or shall I wait another till 1500kms?

Here are the pics I took last night, they aren't the best quality since it was taken from the iPhone and the car isn't the cleanest as it saw clicked at the end of the days usage. Sorry about that, will try and get someone to oblige her with a photoshoot soon enough. Finally got my number too: 1234 (by the time you say the number it reaches the 100km/hr mark)
Attached Thumbnails
From the "5" to the Audi RS-5-img_0941.jpg  

From the "5" to the Audi RS-5-img_0945.jpg  

From the "5" to the Audi RS-5-img_0952.jpg  

From the "5" to the Audi RS-5-img_0954.jpg  

From the "5" to the Audi RS-5-img_0956.jpg  

From the "5" to the Audi RS-5-img_0962.jpg  

From the "5" to the Audi RS-5-img_0966.jpg  

From the "5" to the Audi RS-5-img_0963.jpg  

From the "5" to the Audi RS-5-img_0965.jpg  

From the "5" to the Audi RS-5-img_0964.jpg  

Last edited by Sahil : 19th February 2013 at 13:53.
Sahil is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 19th February 2013, 16:54   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 1000km update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Finally got my number too: 1234 (by the time you say the number it reaches the 100km/hr mark)
Good one

Also Nice pics, tells us more about how it is living with the RS5

Decent boot space too (Did the Mobil 1 can come with the car or you are just stocking it for safety/future ? )

PS : Interesting to see the rear seat having an arm rest

Last edited by karan561 : 19th February 2013 at 16:56.
Old 20th February 2013, 14:15   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Good one

Decent boot space too (Did the Mobil 1 can come with the car or you are just stocking it for safety/future ? )

@ Karan561, hope you are not regretting going for the Scala instead of the RS5 since it has the rear centre armrest!!

@ Sahil, awesome ride, is there a possibility where you can stick the number plate on the bumper below the headlights. It doesnt go well with the massive grill!
Old 21st February 2013, 02:33   #34
Senior - BHPian

Re: From the "5" to the Audi RS-5

Lovely pictures Sahil,thanks.
The interiors and the framless doors look awesome.Had recently sat in the Audi Dealership's RS5 here,what brilliant interiors the RS5 has.
Any plans to go Akrapovic?
Old 21st February 2013, 08:28   #35
Senior - BHPian

Awesome buy ! Congrats Sahil!

Just watched this last day ..the noise..
jkdas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2013, 09:17   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick5490 View Post

@ Karan561, hope you are not regretting going for the Scala instead of the RS5 since it has the rear centre armrest!!
Haha nope ... Sitting in the rear seat of an RS5 & being chauffeured around would be a regret, infact it would be the end of the world then
Old 21st February 2013, 15:54   #37
BHPian

Quote:
3 weeks is all it took to clock the 1000km mark, clearly I have been enjoying it too much. Most sportscars of it's sort take months to reach this mark. Have been using it extensively as my daily drive. It yet has not been taken on the highway, all of the running has been within the city, the Sea-Link is where it feels most at home !

I have not gotten pretty used to the power it belts out and I can enjoy her to the fullest now. I'd be honest I was a bit overwhelmed by all that power in the start but over time you learn and acquire the skill set required to enjoy her as a daily drive. On the downside, it's become frustrating to drive the other cars at home, I find myself revving up to a much higher RPM on them than I ever did before
Hi Sahil,

Congratulations on the first 1000 kms...How is the RS5 to live with everyday?? Keeping the condition of our roads aside...

The reason I ask is because I will be relocating to Dubai soon and the RS5 surely is on top of my list. Other options include the M6, Maserati Grand Tourismo, Jag XKR - these things depreciate fast there and a good condition vehicle (used/second hand) can be bought for about 30 lacs...

Cheers...

Last edited by R32_GTR : 21st February 2013 at 16:00.
Old 22nd February 2013, 13:46   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Good one

Quote:
Originally Posted by R32_GTR View Post
Hi Sahil,

Congratulations on the first 1000 kms...How is the RS5 to live with everyday??
Living with the RS5 is as hassle free as any premium sedan. Besides the fact that it does grab some amount of attention, thankfully mine is white or it would have gotten even more embarrassing to deal with.
It feels perfectly in place during a hot summer afternoon stuck in traffic as well as on open stretches like the sea link.
This is all thanks to the Audi Drive Select system. Its just amazing how this car transforms when you switch from Comfort to Dynamic mode. Even passengers feels the change instantly as in Comfort mode the car is calm and quiet, suspension and steering are soft. The minute you hit the button to Dynamic the steering and suspension stiffen up, transmission moves to Sport mode, throttle response is much sharper and finally the exhausts flaps open up and there is massive roar as it down shifts on its own to announce "Game On" !! This drama always plasters a big smile on my face!! There are totally 4 exhausts, two on each side of the big oval exhaust console, it is operated by a flap system that you can actually hear open and close if you are standing outside the car. In comfort mode only two exhausts are open, while in dynamic all 4 are open and the sound changes dramatically there is even a deep drone sound at idle.

The rear seat is actually very usable, put an average height person(below 6 ft) in there and he/she would not complain. Infact during the test drive of the RS5 and S4 back to back, my mom felt no difference in the rear seat space when the S4 seats were pulled 80% back. Ofcourse getting in and out is a struggle but once seats its not bad at all. Ladies have even called it "surpsingly comfy at the back "

Yes, the boot is indeed quite large ! 455 liters to be precise, thats almost as large as the A4's boot.
The mobil1 bottle came with the car, they mentioned that it would require an oil top up in the first few 1000kms. This is common for German petrols, my Superb 1.8TSi loved to drink oil initially too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick5490 View Post
@ Sahil, awesome ride, is there a possibility where you can stick the number plate on the bumper below the headlights. It doesnt go well with the massive grill!
Thanks Mav! The sticker was an option I considered but putting it below the headlamps would give it a very Evo-ish Rally car look that I am not a big fan off. Just doesn't suit the car well. This is the best solution I stole of another BHPian's RS5 number plate idea, if you see the initial pics the number plate frame eats up the grill area even more. Hence I had to get rid of it, hoping the cops don't give me too much trouble for this tiny plate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cityvic View Post
Lovely pictures Sahil,thanks.
The interiors and the framless doors look awesome.Had recently sat in the Audi Dealership's RS5 here,what brilliant interiors the RS5 has.
Any plans to go Akrapovic?
Thanks !
I prefer leaving my cars stock always. The RS5 has moooore than enough power and sounds spectacular. Highly doubt I will do any such mods.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Awesome buy ! Congrats Sahil!

Just watched this last day ..the noise..
Thanks ! Check out this video to find out the secret behind that noise !

Last edited by Sahil : 22nd February 2013 at 13:57.
Sahil is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2013, 17:17   #39
BHPian

Quote:
I have been pretty good with breaking her in, have kept distance from the red line and have not used launch control yet ! Is 1000km break-in good enough or shall I wait another till 1500kms?
Firstly congrats on a great buy!

I would not recommend taking her to limits just now. Wait until it has crossed 1500 - 1600 km or so. Definitely stay away from launch control until 2000 Km. Try to enjoy her with what she can provide you time being & then go test her limits.

Enjoy & drive safe!
Old 22nd February 2013, 17:59   #40
BHPian

Congrats @Sahil for this wonderful acquisition. How I missed this thread for so long. Wishing you thousands of ear to ear kilometers. Enjoy !!
Old 13th March 2013, 11:33   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Audi Mumbai SOUTH service center review

Thought this was worth a mention. I purchased my car from Audi Mumbai South, the new showroom near Heera Panna. There were two minor scratches on the front alloy wheels when the car was delivered to me, this happened when it was being transported on the flatbed instead of being driven as per my request. They readily agreed to repaint the alloys for me, all 4 of them even though only two of them had a minor scratch.
The alloys wheels are repainted and I found a peculiar problem that the brake dust was sitting on them a lot more than before. Perhaps the treatment or clear coat process was different than what they did at the factory. Job was done 99% to the orignal OE level. However, without any hesitation they offered to repaint all 4 tyres again, this time they promised to deliver better finish than factory. I was sent 4 paint slabs to my office to choose from, all looked same to me but there were minor differences. I finally picked the color and finish I liked then sent the car for the repaint. It indeed now is a better and brighter than OE which I always found to look slightly dull. Pic of the repainted alloy is below to most it will look same as OE color but it is slightly better/brighter silver.

Kudos to the commitment this service center has to customer satisfaction. The staff is excellent(many ex-BMW) and go to great lengthens to deliver what is promised. The service center is managed by Mr. Lalit of Four Seasons, Tardeo who is a partner in this dealership now along with Abhimanyu Singh ex-GM BMW Infinity Motors. Brilliant team these guys have built up, the best in service meets the best in sales.
Attached Thumbnails
From the "5" to the Audi RS-5-img_1156.jpg  

Last edited by Sahil : 13th March 2013 at 11:34.
Sahil is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 14th March 2013, 12:12   #42
Senior - BHPian

It really is great of Audi to provide that service and have your alloys painted twice to get the desired finish. I have to say, after the arrival of BMW and Audi. The customer service quality has gone up a notch. Something for our regular manufacturers to learn from. Try that with hyundai, Honda or Skoda, they would just refuse.

Sahil - It must have burned a whole in your heart to see your car delivered with two scratches. I wouldve had sleepless nights about it. Did they give you the option of giving it a Black or Gun Metal color? Would you have considered those extreme colors?
Old 15th March 2013, 13:47   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullrevs View Post
Sahil - It must have burned a whole in your heart to see your car delivered with two scratches. I wouldve had sleepless nights about it. Did they give you the option of giving it a Black or Gun Metal color? Would you have considered those extreme colors?
Frankly the scratches were very minor, just on the edges.
They perhaps would have agreed to get me another color done but I am a big fan of this hyper silver shade. Infact I even got my BMW alloys painted a few years back to a hyper silver even though it wasn't much different from the OE color. This silver shade shines brilliantly in sunlight and also looks great when the car is moving. I am not a big fan of dark alloys such as black or gun metal.
Old 17th August 2013, 02:03   #44
Senior - BHPian

Drove my buddy's S5 Sportback S-line in London few weeks ago.

Loved the experience. Steering is super sharp and quick ratio. Body roll is almost nil.

Engine was 4pot turbo with good poke for regular driving with no lag. The auto would keep in low revs and that caused it to take on a gruff note.

Ride on 19/20? inch wheels was not bad at all on the less that perfect roads of west London.

Last edited by Mpower : 17th August 2013 at 02:05.
Mpower is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2013, 02:01   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Have gathered new found respect for my car after nearly a year of ownership- Took it on the Mumbai-Pune expressway for the first time (don't know why I didn't do this earlier!)

The dynamic mode which I have spoken highly of truly shows it's colors on the ghat section of the highway. Whether you are engine braking or taking a sharp bend it manage to downshift just to the right gear. Even if it were a stick shift I don't think I would have managed the gears so precisely. It's amazing how well it understand your needs.

The Quattro also shows it's true colors on such roads, the grip level is ammmazing. I found myself accelerating out of corners at speeds I wouldn't ever imagine to do in my BMW e60.

Ownership experience has been completely trouble free. Only one minor hicup last month when the car asked for an oil top up and my driver accidently put slightly more. The car beeped to reduce oil so I took no risk to drive it to the service station. Instead called up Audi road side assistance and they had the car towed on a flat bed and oil reduced at the service center without any charge.
Audi Mumbai south service guys are excellent and very customer friendly. Think I will stick with them for when my first service is due next month. Audi also offers all it's Audi club members a free interior and exterior detailing job on the first anniversary! Even though the car is scratchless at the moment, I'm glad to avail of these freebie
Sahil is offline   (14) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks